Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blame Vick all you want
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SpudDogg
The problem is the fucking line. They're pathetic.

(I'm no huge Vick fan, I just happen to have eyeballs.)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Nov 4 2012, 01:02 PM) *

We are down 2 starters. Arguably our most important two starters. Hard to replace those guys.
They aren't responsible for Vick's fumbles though. Or his gun shy nature over the past few weeks. I hope he listens to the coaches and starts playing not afraid to make mistakes. That's the only chance we have.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Nov 4 2012, 02:02 PM) *

finally.....someone with actual eyesight.......it has not been hard to see.......
mcnabbulous
They're not mutually exclusive. They have both been shit.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 4 2012, 05:21 PM) *
They're not mutually exclusive. They have both been shit.

my response to that is how the fuck do any of the "Vick sucks" crowd know? I am no Vick guy, I just want to win but how does anyone who carps on Vick know if he is capable or not........there is not one game this year including the ones he played well where you can make an objective opinion of whether he is any good anymore or not. As I have pointed out here before, even Les Bowen who is no Vick fan admitted after watching game tapes Vick rarely has any time to throw without reacting to a rusher. He has to start avoiding a rush immediately after most snaps.....he may very well suck....the point is he has had nearly 0 protection this year.
bwc2112
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Nov 4 2012, 02:02 PM) *

To be honest. I think we blame more than addressing our problems. Fire everybody!!!Yeah that will fix it.
xsv
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Nov 4 2012, 01:02 PM) *

I think it's obvious that this team has more than one problem.

The Oline is very bad.
The QB is bad.
The Dline isn't much better.
The safeties are terrible.
The playcalling is bad.
HobbEs
The playcalling is bad.

We have a winner!!! The play calling bad and the play design is worse. We're not a WCO team anymore. IMHO a true WCO would help Vick out with some short throws and an outlet in the flat. We're now a team that lives and dies by the big play.
xsv
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 5 2012, 09:22 AM) *
We have a winner!!! The play calling bad and the play design is worse. We're not a WCO team anymore. IMHO a true WCO would help Vick out with some short throws and an outlet in the flat. We're now a team that lives and dies by the big play.

I'm not so sure that's true. I saw a stat over the week that showed that we've only had something like 2 attempts over 25 yards over the last 3 games.

Also, I saw a stat that said after last week, McCoy had the 5th most touches in the NFL.

I know stats can be deceiving, and I'm not happy with the playcalling, but both of these stats surprised me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 5 2012, 11:21 AM) *
I'm not so sure that's true. I saw a stat over the week that showed that we've only had something like 2 attempts over 25 yards over the last 3 games.

Also, I saw a stat that said after last week, McCoy had the 5th most touches in the NFL.

I know stats can be deceiving, and I'm not happy with the playcalling, but both of these stats surprised me.

Both of these things are absolutely true. Vick has become tentative because of the early season INT's. As of last week, McCoy had the 5th most touches in football (and I believe that was with one less week than a few other guys.)

The OL has been bad, but they're not bad every play. Vick has often had to run for his life, but when he's had time he isn't making teams pay. Certainly there is some cause/effect there, but Vick has played poorly when he's had opportunities. It's that simple.

If you noticed, early in the season when Vick was making mistakes, our offense was moving up and down the field at will. Now, Vick is trying to play ball control (the fewest interceptions over the past several weeks) and our offense has stalled out. It's no coincidence.

I'd rather have the Vick that isn't afraid to play than the guy who has shown up the past few games.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
It's the TEAM that stinks. Except for a handful of guys, the D, O (line, yes I agree), Vick, ST and coaching staff ALL stink up the joint.

Blame does not fall here or there ... it falls everywhere with a few exceptions, including the front office and ownership.

It's a pandemic of stinkedness. Equate Eagles football with the sense of smell and you arrive in the purple haze zone.

Geez. It's MNF prime time and I don't give a shit. It's that bad.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 5 2012, 01:44 PM) *
It's the TEAM that stinks. Except for a handful of guys, the D, O (line, yes I agree), Vick, ST and coaching staff ALL stink up the joint.

I think it's a depth thing, to be honest. Like you said, we have a handful of guys, but that's it. Because we lack depth, we're awful on special teams because our backups (e.g. special teams guys) suck.

Because we've had some Oline injuries, our Oline sucks because our depth sucks.

Because our Oline has sucked so bad, it has impacted Vick (although his suckitude has multiple dimensions.)

Because we suck all over, our coaching staff looks shitty.

That's what happens when you shit the bed every year during the draft.
D Rock
I know it was only 4 games of preseason football, and that the line truly does suck nards . . .

But after Vick got beaten up on all 6 snaps, hurt twice and turned the ball over . . . Foles came in and went un sacked for the remainder of the preseason. I don't know what (if anything) this indicates, but it's worth noting nonetheless.

Did defenders stop trying once Vick left? Because they certainly stopped succeeding.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 5 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Foles came in and went un sacked for the remainder of the preseason

Your point is valid, but did he ever actually face a 1st team defense? I don't know, just asking.....
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 5 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Your point is valid, but did he ever actually face a 1st team defense? I don't know, just asking.....

He did. He started the last 2 games, one of which he faced starters for at least a quarter and did as well as any other preseason quarter during which he played. Vick also got hurt after 3 snaps in each of his games played which leads me to assume Foles faced some first team defenses in the remaining 1st quarters. That being a 1st team D playing the cliched 'vanila' variety should also be noted.
HOUSEoPAIN
Ok I'm catching up and just saw the defensive TD.

Honeslty, I'm sick of Vick's shit as anyone is.....but he's looked good tonight when he hasn't had 3 gorillas on his ass, and that INT def was not his fault.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 5 2012, 09:27 PM) *

Honeslty, I'm sick of Vick's shit as anyone is.....but he's looked good tonight when he hasn't had 3 gorillas on his ass, and that INT def was not his fault.

Who's fault was it? It wasn't a good pass.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2012, 10:46 PM) *

Nor was it a good playcall. The one time play action might have worked....

this O-Line sucks, Vick is playing awful, the playcalling is bullshit in critical spaces.

If this is what finally rids us of the WCO on crack offense... then good. I almost don't care if this team turns into the Fedskins.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2012, 09:46 PM) *

It wasn't a perfect pass, but cmon man, it was tipped right to the defender - that was catchable, or at minimum, you drop it instead of tipping it to the defender.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 5 2012, 09:49 PM) *

this O-Line sucks, Vick is playing awful, the playcalling is bullshit in critical spaces.

If this is what finally rids us of the WCO on crack offense... then good. I almost don't care if this team turns into the Fedskins.

What was wrong with the playcall? Play action at the goal line when our line hasn't put up a fight?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 5 2012, 09:49 PM) *

I never miss a chance to bash Reid's playcalling as everyone here knows, but I thought it was a good call - it was tipped, plain and simple, it wasn't Vick's fault IMO
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 5 2012, 10:50 PM) *
What was wrong with the playcall? Play action at the goal line when our line hasn't put up a fight?

They were at least running their way down the field up until that point.

I hate this team's red-zone offense.

and this team has finally quit on Andy.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 5 2012, 09:58 PM) *
They were at least running their way down the field up until that point.

I hate this team's red-zone offense.

and this team has finally quit on Andy.

The defense definitely appears to have quit. Along with being terrible. The offense seems to play hard, but they suck too.
mcnabbulous
Say what you want about this "not being Vick's fault," but he and Brees play two different sports. I say that as Brees fumbles...so maybe it's a similar game. smile.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 6 2012, 03:27 AM) *

The int was 100% Vicks fault. Watch the play again. He mis read it by going to celek. He had desean 1 on 1 against a linebacker who gave DJax the inside release. That's an EASY 6 for 8 out of 10 QBs. Poor read and shitty throw. If thats not n the QB, we're watching different games.

It was crystal clear presnap. The only key he had to read was the mike. If the mike comes desean would have the entire middle of the field. (Guess what. the mike came.). As gruden is saying in booth at that very moment, "we all know Spags likes to send the house in this situation" what does Spags do? He sends the house. The play call was perfect (unless of course you have a problem w desean running free in the middle of the end zone). Apparently, everyone was aware of Spags tendency but mike Vick.

Vick missed the EASY presnap read, double hitched, stared down the left side and threw a bad ball into the ONLY area of the field w multiple defenders.

Classic Vick.
Keenan24
This team sucks. Plain and simple. Im ready for a fresh start.
Cant be any worse then this year.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 6 2012, 10:39 AM) *
The int was 100% Vicks fault. Watch the play again. He mis read it by going to celek. He had desean 1 on 1 against a linebacker who gave DJax the inside release. That's an EASY 6 for 8 out of 10 QBs. Poor read and shitty throw. If thats not n the QB, we're watching different games.

It was crystal clear presnap. The only key he had to read was the mike. If the mike comes desean would have the entire middle of the field. (Guess what. the mike came.). As gruden is saying in booth at that very moment, "we all know Spags likes to send the house in this situation" what does Spags do? He sends the house. The play call was perfect (unless of course you have a problem w desean running free in the middle of the end zone). Apparently, everyone was aware of Spags tendency but mike Vick.

Vick missed the EASY presnap read, double hitched, stared down the left side and threw a bad ball into the ONLY area of the field w multiple defenders.

Classic Vick.

Yup...that's the way he rolls...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.