Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think that Dana Bible
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Than Morningwood.

How about bringing Bill Musgrave back?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 31 2012, 03:14 PM) *
Than Morningwood.

Musgrave is perfectly happy in Minnesota I think.

Bible? If we can prop up his corpse and attach some strings to his arms it so it looks like we keep dialing up 'Shady' I'm all for trying it.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 31 2012, 03:20 PM) *
Musgrave is perfectly happy in Minnesota I think.

Bible? If we can prop up his corpse and attach some strings to his arms it so it looks like we keep dialing up 'Shady' I'm all for trying it.

I'd bet Musgrave would be happier as a head coach than oc.

And I'm still sure Bible calls plays better than morningwood, current health status notwithstanding.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 31 2012, 08:14 PM) *
Than Morningwood.

Honestly, when you have a quarterback that either doesn't see the field or is hesitant to pull the trigger if he is seeing it, the play calling is not the issue. When the all 22 shows guys running free all over the place, the issue is clearly not playcalling. When the offense refuses to or simply can not execute, no play call is going to work. EVER.

Let's not dilute ourselves to thinking the problems on offense go further than a weak offensive line and a shitty quarterback.

If guys weren't open. If plays were not there to be made. Then you'd have something to hang your hat on with blaming the play calling. But guys are open. Plays are there to be made. The players are simply not getting it done.
mcnabbulous
Yep
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 31 2012, 03:38 PM) *
Honestly, when you have a quarterback that either doesn't see the field or is hesitant to pull the trigger if he is seeing it, the play calling is not the issue. When the all 22 shows guys running free all over the place, the issue is clearly not playcalling. When the offense refuses to or simply can not execute, no play call is going to work. EVER.

Let's not dilute ourselves to thinking the problems on offense go further than a weak offensive line and a shitty quarterback.

If guys weren't open. If plays were not there to be made. Then you'd have something to hang your hat on with blaming the play calling. But guys are open. Plays are there to be made. The players are simply not getting it done.

Let's not get it twisted, the coaching (all around) is as bad as the players. Just because the video shows open receivers doesn't mean squat. Receivers can be open and it not be part of the progression or they run the wrong route.

Our problems on offense start with coaching and play calling then work their way down. We have a player on offense who gets it done....and they don't want to 'over use' him. Trying to save his wheels for the post season and our Superbowl run blink.gif

It's not a defense for Vick and the O-line or an indictment of any particular coach or coordinator, it's just the facts.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Let's not get it twisted, the coaching (all around) is as bad as the players. Just because the video shows open receivers doesn't mean squat. Receivers can be open and it not be part of the progression or they run the wrong route.

It absolutely means squat. You're denying it simply fits your agenda that the coaches are the biggest problem.

Our problems on offense start with coaching and play calling then work their way down. We have a player on offense who gets it done....and they don't want to 'over use' him. Trying to save his wheels for the post season and our Superbowl run blink.gif

It's not a defense for Vick and the O-line or an indictment of any particular coach or coordinator, it's just the facts.

McCoy has the 5th most touches in football right now. That's a fact.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2012, 04:23 PM) *
It absolutely means squat. You're denying it simply fits your agenda that the coaches are the biggest problem.

You keep sucking me in, even when I am trying to play nice. Do you feel that we have issues with our coaching staff and the coordinators? I believe we do. Do you feel that we have issues with the players and on-field personnel? I believe we do.

Just because a player/coach used to be very good, doesn't mean they remain that way forever. I have no agenda. I am not trying to convince anybody of anything, but I hold my opinion. It's OK if you don't agree.

McCoy has the 5th most touches in football right now. That's a fact.

so you feel he is being used enough? if so, we disagree again.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2012, 04:03 PM) *
You keep sucking me in, even when I am trying to play nice. Do you feel that we have issues with our coaching staff and the coordinators? I believe we do. Do you feel that we have issues with the players and on-field personnel? I believe we do.

I think we have a number of problems, but they primarily start with the QB position. As I've said over and over, it is the most important element of a football team. Without a great one, the chances of winning consistently are slim to none.

Just because a player/coach used to be very good, doesn't mean they remain that way forever. I have no agenda. I am not trying to convince anybody of anything, but I hold my opinion. It's OK if you don't agree.

I don't think that anyone should have a lifetime contract. But I do think you sorely undervalue that concept of execution.

so you feel he is being used enough? if so, we disagree again.

I feel that using him any more would be detrimental long term (see: Chris Johnson)

Shady is a great player, but he's not built to carry the ball 25 times a game. Almost no player is. He typically gets about 20-25 touches a game, which is more than enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.