Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't predict a Win for the next game.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Can't do it. Won't do it. Can't imagine a win for us.

And to go 3-5 at the half-way point, this year is nothing more than an absolute waste of time and money and energy sports wise.

If I were to add up all the days of those sinking feeling reactions connected to the Eagles I've experienced from the start up to today, I'm sure to be able to declare I am one sickly human being. Someboday should start some kind of charity for my benefit. Anyone offering?

Oh wait, this is an Eagles community, full of sickly fucks just like me. Forget the charity question.

Oh man .... another fucked up season ... and there does not appear to be any relief in sight.
This team needs a complete overhaul. I mean ... COMPLETE !!!! Get the widest broom possible, in fact, get a warehouse full of them, and sweep this mess out of the way and start all over again.

We've nothing to lose, do we ? I mean, how can you go backwards from an empty trophy case ?

Jeesh but I'm bummed ... again ... and again...and again. This is DEFINATELY a trick with NO treat.

The Eagles fan part of my life stinks.

make_it_rain
I agree. I actually felt really good about the Atlanta game going into it, and couldnt have been more wrong. I felt pretty good about the Detroit game as well.

Well, so much for that.

I'm still going to watch, obviously, but I have ZERO expectations for this team anymore. I think the only other time my morale has been this low as a fan was during the dark ages of 1998 when we scored like 10 points a game. At least then I knew going into the season that we would be terrible, to actually have legit expectations for this year pre-season only to have this team shit all over them just hurts even more.

The only silver lining is that we are in an age of parity in the NFL, where (most) teams can go from outhouse to clubhouse over just one season, and then back. The key determinant seems to be good QB play (or at least respectable QB play coupled with great defense and smart coaching).

I'm not sure how much sense benching Vick for this week makes, but I think if we continue down this path for another game or two we have to get Foles in there and get him some starts, to see if he has the chops to be the guy for this team for the next couple of seasons. My biggest fear is that the team devolves into a Cleveland / Jacksonville type franchise that perenially sucks, and is always thinking some new asshat at QB will be the guy that takes them to the promised land.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 31 2012, 02:23 PM) *
Can't do it. Won't do it. Can't imagine a win for us.

And to go 3-5 at the half-way point, this year is nothing more than an absolute waste of time and money and energy sports wise.

If I were to add up all the days of those sinking feeling reactions connected to the Eagles I've experienced from the start up to today, I'm sure to be able to declare I am one sickly human being. Someboday should start some kind of charity for my benefit. Anyone offering?

Oh wait, this is an Eagles community, full of sickly fucks just like me. Forget the charity question.

Oh man .... another fucked up season ... and there does not appear to be any relief in sight.
This team needs a complete overhaul. I mean ... COMPLETE !!!! Get the widest broom possible, in fact, get a warehouse full of them, and sweep this mess out of the way and start all over again.

We've nothing to lose, do we ? I mean, how can you go backwards from an empty trophy case ?

Jeesh but I'm bummed ... again ... and again...and again. This is DEFINATELY a trick with NO treat.

The Eagles fan part of my life stinks.

Cheer up Boca. The Sixers are having a winning season (1 - 0), JRoll won his fourth Golden Glove, and a team true to your heart, or some other human organ, the Philadelphia Passion kicks off their season on June 8.

HobbEs
If you thought the Falcons loss was bad just wait until Monday night. Drew Brees is just rediculous in prime time games.
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 2 2012, 09:25 AM) *
If you thought the Falcons loss was bad just wait until Monday night. Drew Brees is just rediculous in prime time games.

Except for the last prime time game he was involved in.
samaroo
I always equate being an Eagles fan to people this way:

It's like being one of two guys in college, both virgins. One guy studies hard, goes to bed early, and goes through life knowing that, right now, he's not gonna get laid. He's made peace with it and is moving on.

The other guy is at all the right parties. He wears the right clothes. He hangs with the right dudes, says the right things, and chats up the right ladies. And every night, he gets some drunk girl to go upstairs with him, and they make out, and he's thinking "FINALLY!" And that's when she passes out. So he walks home, blue (get it!), once again not having met his expectations.

The second guy is an Eagles fan. Every year we find some stupid reason to be excited, to think we have a shot. Every year could be THE year. This team has taught me to be a pessimist, but it usually doesn't kick in till mid-season. Despite my best efforts, every preseason, I'm looking at the schedule, counting wins and arguing whether or not we'll get the bye.

I feel so stupid and pathetic. I'd rather just know I'm not getting any, and study harder. There's no way Browns fans have it worse. I'd rather never get laid, than ALMOST get laid a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.