Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plenty of Blame to Go Around
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Start at the top....exclude ownership until end of season to see if they make the changes I we all seem to want but it's plain to see both the HC and (current) starting QB have to go. Give the GM another season to see if he can continue to fill the holes on the roster. the scouting staff needs an upgrade or an overhaul. The jury is out on our new DC, but this first showing was pathetic. It made Juan look like Dick LeBeau. Enough of this wide 9 shit. where is all of the smash mouth football we all expected? I thought Mudd was an o-line genius? I hate to give another pass, but he has been dealing with a banged up o-line....still I expect more from him.

Marty can go F*ck himself. I saved an open line just for him.

It has been a long time since I have seen an Eagles team appear this disinterested. They have no heart. I am looking hard to find a ray of hope with the current line-up (players and coaches) and al I can say is the team has some talent and shouldn't be underachieving this way.

Plenty of Blame to Go Around
HOUSEoPAIN
It made Juan look like Dick LeBeau.

Ok let's not go nuts here.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2012, 11:42 AM) *
Ok let's not go nuts here.

Has ANY defense, even McDillweed's sucked this much for 3/4 of an entire game? Giving up an entire quarter to the other team, allowing 2 TDs in that span?

They put Casey Matthews on Tony Gonzalez.

This team deserved to lose.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 29 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Has ANY defense, even McDillweed's sucked this much for 3/4 of an entire game?

Yes.

After the first drive I knew our D would be gassed before halftime. They were.

The first couple of plays it looked like we were fired up, and ready to give them a 3-and-out. Some stupid penalties, blown coverages, and before you know it theyr'e toying with us for over 9 minutes. Look the D sucked and thus Bowles sucked, but let's not speculate about what Juan-and-done would've put together against this powerhouse offense we faced.
Freddie Falcon
In your promptness to pass blame around lets not forget to congratulate the better team. biggrin.gif
Dreagon
I think what really killed you guys early on was that first 3 and out yall had after that long scoring drive of Atlanta. It gave Atlanta a chance to do it to your defense again, and I think they were playing sort of tired for the rest of the game after that. Actually, I gotta give your defense credit for some heart that Atlanta wasn't just steamrollering them late in the game after that.

As far as Vick goes, I think the play that might be crucial to his future the rest of this season is one that hasn't been commented on yet. There is one where he gets under pressure and runs wide to his left, but is actually run down before he can really turn it up the field by a defensive lineman. Remember, it was the beginning of the end when defensive linemen started running down McNabb. And now McNabb's old coach is watching the same thing with Vick when his career may be on the line. If you see Foles soon, that play will be a big part of it.

Reid playcalling this game didn't seem bad, but at the same time it seemed remarkably uninspired...especially considering this was an unbeaten team that he has been preparing for all week. You have to pull out all the stops when playing an opponent like this, and he seemed to be doing just the opposite. I know some people disagree with me on this, but I still don't understand his last play of the first half...there was absolutely nothing to lose by taking a one in a hundred, hail mary shot at the endzone, and absolutely nothing to gain by taking a knee to run out the half...so he effectively took that knee and ran out the half. HUH? He was down by 17 points!

Part of it could very well be you guys were just having a bad game. That happens to teams...even pros. But I never saw a sense of urgency that "something needed to be done" or an attempt to change what wasn't working, and that pretty much falls on the coach.

(I just wish the coach of MY team would bench a certain knuckleaded wide reciever and see if THAT gets through to him)

Anyways, ya'll had a tough loss but it was against a top notch opponent. The same opponent we have to face next week. So it's not the end of yall's season yet. The NFC East only has one team with a winning record at the moment and I'm not really convinced they've earned it. There's still a lot of football left.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 29 2012, 01:04 PM) *
I think what really killed you guys early on was that first 3 and out yall had after that long scoring drive of Atlanta. It gave Atlanta a chance to do it to your defense again, and I think they were playing sort of tired for the rest of the game after that. Actually, I gotta give your defense credit for some heart that Atlanta wasn't just steamrollering them late in the game after that.

As far as Vick goes, I think the play that might be crucial to his future the rest of this season is one that hasn't been commented on yet. There is one where he gets under pressure and runs wide to his left, but is actually run down before he can really turn it up the field by a defensive lineman. Remember, it was the beginning of the end when defensive linemen started running down McNabb. And now McNabb's old coach is watching the same thing with Vick when his career may be on the line. If you see Foles soon, that play will be a big part of it.

Reid playcalling this game didn't seem bad, but at the same time it seemed remarkably uninspired...especially considering this was an unbeaten team that he has been preparing for all week. You have to pull out all the stops when playing an opponent like this, and he seemed to be doing just the opposite. I know some people disagree with me on this, but I still don't understand his last play of the first half...there was absolutely nothing to lose by taking a one in a hundred, hail mary shot at the endzone, and absolutely nothing to gain by taking a knee to run out the half...so he effectively took that knee and ran out the half. HUH? He was down by 17 points!

Part of it could very well be you guys were just having a bad game. That happens to teams...even pros. But I never saw a sense of urgency that "something needed to be done" or an attempt to change what wasn't working, and that pretty much falls on the coach.

(I just wish the coach of MY team would bench a certain knuckleaded wide reciever and see if THAT gets through to him)

Anyways, ya'll had a tough loss but it was against a top notch opponent. The same opponent we have to face next week. So it's not the end of yall's season yet. The NFC East only has one team with a winning record at the moment and I'm not really convinced they've earned it. There's still a lot of football left.

Good post. I agree with your hail mary opinion. at that stage what do you have to lose? especially since you opted to take the knee. This QB may not be able to may not be able to pick up the blitz or make the right audible adjustment, but he can throw the ball far really far with just a flick of his wrist.

btw. i think you guys got robbed yesterday. the video replay for TD that was overturned did not provide clear conclusive evidence that his 'fingertips' went out of bounds first.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2012, 05:44 PM) *
Yes.

After the first drive I knew our D would be gassed before halftime. They were.

The first couple of plays it looked like we were fired up, and ready to give them a 3-and-out. Some stupid penalties, blown coverages, and before you know it theyr'e toying with us for over 9 minutes. Look the D sucked and thus Bowles sucked, but let's not speculate about what Juan-and-done would've put together against this powerhouse offense we faced.

Yeah. I agree with this. I wonder how the game may have gone differently had Cox held onto that INT and put us up 6 early.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 29 2012, 06:04 PM) *

I think the play that did us in (or at least convinced me the iggles were toast) was the play on which we got our first 1st down. Vick hit Desean for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 2. But he missed a wide open Brent Celek running up the middle of the field with a fucking D Tackle in distant pursuit. If Vick reads that correctly, thats an easy 6. It showed to me, again . . . that Vick wasn't seeing the field. Again. There were at least 5 instances where I saw Vick missing wide open guys up the middle and that's without the all 22 film. He's challenging Cam Newton for most mentally defeated player in the league. He practically asked Andy to bench him in his post game remarks. He's toast. We're toast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.