Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick asking for bench.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Shameful post game interview from Vick. Now not only des he suck, but you can add finger pointing, crybaby, and quitter to his resume.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Shameful post game interview from Vick. Now not only des he suck, but you can add finger pointing, crybaby, and quitter to his resume.

I believe the reporter was misleading with his comment/question to Vick. He responded to the comment/question with emotion instead of common sense. he should have waited for the coach to tell him that he was planning on making a change. Then again, his coach does have a history of lying to his QB's so who knows what the real story is.
D Rock
The point is (for those of us not driving a rhetorical agenda) that the Mike Vick who stood on that podium yesterday was a defeated man. He looks as pitiful and sad as Cam Newton. The guy has checked out. Now he's pointing fingers and playing the "woe is me" schtick was saw from Supa5 in his darkest days.

So ugly to watch. The regime is dead. In the end, we'll look back and point to giving the keys of the franchise to one Mike Vick as the beginning of the end. Couple that with our inability to replace Jim Johnson and few glaring whiffs in the draft's first 2 rounds and there you have it. The end of an era.

Yuck.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 01:42 PM) *
The point is (for those of us not driving a rhetorical agenda) that the Mike Vick who stood on that podium yesterday was a defeated man. He looks as pitiful and sad as Cam Newton. The guy has checked out. Now he's pointing fingers and playing the "woe is me" schtick was saw from Supa5 in his darkest days.

So ugly to watch. The regime is dead. In the end, we'll look back and point to giving the keys of the franchise to one Mike Vick as the beginning of the end. Couple that with our inability to replace Jim Johnson and few glaring whiffs in the draft's first 2 rounds and there you have it. The end of an era.

Yuck.

I have to agree he did look beaten up and broken down. The fact that he jumped to conclusions based ona reporters comments is also telling. Either he doesn't trust his coaches or he was already in the proverbial doghouse and this was the last straw.
Eyrie
He should be beaten up and broken down.

Beaten up, because he gets hit afeter every passing attempt.

Broken down, because he has to realise that his standard of play is unacceptable.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 30 2012, 05:06 AM) *
He should be beaten up and broken down.

Beaten up, because he gets hit afeter every passing attempt.

Broken down, because he has to realise that his standard of play is unacceptable.

just curious...which is it......is he getting hit every play or is his standard of play substandard......I don't know if he has played poorly because he is getting killed every game......
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2012, 01:23 AM) *
just curious...which is it......is he getting hit every play or is his standard of play substandard......I don't know if he has played poorly because he is getting killed every game......

He got killed on each of 6 snaps in preseason too. And hurt twice to boot. Suddenly the rookie came in and went 3 half games without a sack. Does the line suck? Sure. But they sucked less when blocking for a rookie qb who wasn't afraid to pull the trigger.

I saw a graphic that pointed to the apparent fact that Vick holds the ball an average of 2.8 seconds per drop back, while the league average is about half that. Before you go blaming design, Foles' preseason numbers were firmly in "league average" range.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2012, 12:23 AM) *

A bit of both.

If he was playing better, then he wouldn't be holding the ball for so long and defences wouldn't have time to hit him. And if the OL was playing better then he wouldn't be getting hit all the time. Quicker decision making though is something that Vick can control, so I'd place more blame on him than the OL (which still deserves a share).

Calling quicker passing patterns and shorter routes would also help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.