Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There has never been an Eagles team that I disliked more.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Been a fan since the swamp fox was coach. I'm as passionate as anyone. I had a 3.5 hour break in between my wedding and my reception so I could watch the Eagles game. I haven't missed a game in over 30 years.

I've seen a lot of really bad teams. We've had more than our fair share of shitty teams. But I have never, ever, really despised the team like I do this year. I don't like the coach. I hate the QB. I'm not real fond of the receivers. The safeties are the worst we've had in 30 years. The defense has no heart.

I've heard some people say they don't care as much this year. For me, it's not that I don't care, it's that I don't like them. At all. And it's not just because they are losing.
Rick
Well, after today, I have the same sinking feeling I had when Kotite was coaching. That's BAD.

Only difference is (apparently), we actually have some talent. Back in the Kotite days we had no talent and a horrible coaching staff.

I just don't understand how they can look so lost and so uninspired after a bye week. That tells me the players aren't behing Reid. They're not fighting for him to keep his job much less fighting to win a game.
xsv
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 28 2012, 05:51 PM) *
Only difference is (apparently), we actually have some talent. Back in the Kotite days we had no talent and a horrible coaching staff.

That's not entirely true. rhodes had some early success, mostly due to players that were here already when he arrived, that were drafted by kotite.
TGryn
Unrealized potential is worse than no potential. 1998 was worse than 1999 by far because Hoying's performances at the end of '97 make the total collapse of '98 that much harder to take. Andy's first year ('99), we knew going in we were the worst team in the league so expectations were moderated.

We're still all waiting for the Vick of 2010 to pay a visit. That guy's disappearance looks like the thing that will ultimately end Reid's time here, even with the defensive problems.
Rick
QUOTE (TGryn @ Oct 28 2012, 06:31 PM) *
We're still all waiting for the Vick of 2010 to pay a visit. That guy's disappearance looks like the thing that will ultimately end Reid's time here, even with the defensive problems.

I hate to say it but I did tell ya so (not YOU). I said it was a bad idea to bet the farm on this guy back when they did. However, this team's failures go much deeper than Vick at this point.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 06:29 PM) *
That's not entirely true. rhodes had some early success, mostly due to players that were here already when he arrived, that were drafted by kotite.

I have to take that back. Kotites drafts were terrible, after looking it up. His only good picks were William Thomas and Charlie Garner in 4 years.
TGryn
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 03:36 PM) *
I have to take that back. Kotites drafts were terrible, after looking it up. His only good picks were William Thomas and Charlie Garner in 4 years.
Well, there were a few others: Andy Harmon and Mark McMillian were exceptional for where they were drafted. I also think we would have been set at OL for a while if Lester Holmes hadn't blown out his knee and Brenard Williams decided to smoke his career away. Kotite totally squandered the extra picks we got for Reggie and the other FAs, though.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Been a fan since the swamp fox was coach. I'm as passionate as anyone. I had a 3.5 hour break in between my wedding and my reception so I could watch the Eagles game. I haven't missed a game in over 30 years.

I've seen a lot of really bad teams. We've had more than our fair share of shitty teams. But I have never, ever, really despised the team like I do this year. I don't like the coach. I hate the QB. I'm not real fond of the receivers. The safeties are the worst we've had in 30 years. The defense has no heart.

I've heard some people say they don't care as much this year. For me, it's not that I don't care, it's that I don't like them. At all. And it's not just because they are losing.

I agree with every painful word offered here.
make_it_rain
I think this guy sums it up pretty well......

Edit: Anyone know why video embedding doesn't seem to work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=vxAPg1XqImo

TGryn
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 30 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Edit: Anyone know why video embedding doesn't seem to work?

Embedding's a little tricky, but this should work. When writing a post, under "Quick Access" on the left, click the "Insert: YouTube Video" link. In the pop-up that comes up, put in *just* the Youtube Video ID for the video, not the whole link. So for that link, you'd insert "vxAPg1XqImo" (without the quote signs) into the content box, which will translate when the post goes up into:
make_it_rain
Ahhh, word, thanks man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.