Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, you can't blame Vick for that one
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dr. Claw
and if you do, you're a cocksucker.

there was no winning this game when it took all the way inside the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter to get stops when you're down 2 TDs.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 04:10 PM) *

there was no winning this game when it took all the way inside the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter to get stops when you're down 2 TDs.

Yes, you can. You've a Vick fanboi to suggest that he should take no blame. He played like dogshit.

Yeah. The defense sucked too. So what?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 04:32 PM) *
Yes, you can. You've a Vick fanboi to suggest that he should take no blame. He played like dogshit.

Yeah. The defense sucked too. So what?

Um, the defense sucked so bad the offense couldn't get on the field for most of an entire quarter, THAT'S what.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Um, the defense sucked so bad the offense couldn't get on the field for most of an entire quarter, THAT'S what.

I don't disagree.

But when Vick got on the field, he sucked.
Rick
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 04:40 PM) *
I don't disagree.

I agree. Although I have to say he didn't lose the game like he has in the past but he's been lost out there for a number of weeks. Can we move on from him already? I know anyone is gonna get killed back there but Vick just isn't getting ANYTHING done. Give the rookie a chance to get some experience and under pressure. He will either do alright or not. But it can't be any worse than it is at the moment.

At least Vick didn't turn the ball over today. I'm still shocked...
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 04:40 PM) *
I don't disagree.

He sure sucked when he put 17 points on the board. Would have been nice for Vick to actually have the opportunity to get on the damn field in the first quarter. The Falcons scored 2 TDs in that span. 2 scores. How much did the Falcons win by?

2 scores.

LOL @ your Vick agenda. It doesn't apply today. He didn't turn the ball over. He completed passes when he needed to. But late, Herremans had a bad day. Watkins's replacement was BS-ing as well. He got killed with like a second to throw (as usual).

Defense lost this game. PERIOD.

xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 07:03 PM) *
LOL @ your Vick agenda.

LOL at your own Vick licker agenda.

Shady McCoy is the reason we scored those 17 points.

When the game was on the lin and we had to pass, Vick choked worse than McNabb ever did. I'd bet Mcnabb could still have lead the team down for at least another score.

Vick sucks. It's laughable that you still defend him. Fanboi.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 07:59 PM) *
LOL at your own Vick licker agenda.

Shady McCoy is the reason we scored those 17 points.

When the game was on the lin and we had to pass, Vick choked worse than McNabb ever did. I'd bet Mcnabb could still have lead the team down for at least another score.

Vick sucks. It's laughable that you still defend him. Fanboi.

There was no bloody way, barring a miracle, that the Eagles were going to get 2TDs on that defense in 5 minutes. The game was over by then.

Most of the drives that ended in Shady runs were anchored by big time, chain moving 3rd (and in one case 4th down) passes from Vick. Shady had less than 70 yards on 19 carries today. Bryce Brown might have had the longest run today.

The fact is, you can not realistically pin THIS game on Vick. The defense gave up 30 to these guys. Blame the penalties, blame Nnamdi, blame Coleman for biting on yet another play fake. The Eagles had 0 turnovers. They also could not get on the field.

I'm actually rather ambivalent about Vick, I just get tired of hearing kneejerk garbage about hm, from people who I suspect believe that a "more accurate QB" could bail the Eagles out of idiotic playcalling in the games prior -- and even more so from butthurt, racist cocksuckers who are still butthurt that someone who did the time for his crime is playing football. If the shoe fits with the latter, fuck you. If you're the former, I'm just going to keep arguing the point. There's been one game where Vick was the primary reason why the game was lost, and that was Arizona. Too many turnovers in a game where Andy/Marty waited too freakin long to call the offensive game they should have been using since game 1.

That's about as far as I care about Vick. If I felt the Eagles had a better option right today, I would call for it right now. However, it's getting close to the point where a better option doesn't matter -- because what we saw today was the culmination of Andy Reid's decision making biting the Eagles in the ass.

- Going with Vick (if you're in that box)
- Picking Castillo to call the defense -- only because he had no head coaching aspirations
- ignoring the linebacker and safety positions for years
- Nnamdi signing (in retrospect)
- ignoring the realities of the pass-pass-pass, long-developing play offense against defenses that have seen it for years
- Wide 9 defense

so on and so forth.

it might have taken Michael Vick to bring it to the limelight but after this point there really is no excuse for Reid's handling of the team unless a miracle happens and the Eagles go on a 8-1 run for the rest of the season.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 09:24 PM) *
The fact is, you can not realistically pin THIS game on Vick.

You can't blame this game solely on him. Just like you can't blame one individual on any one loss in a team sport.

You can, however, blame Vick for playing like shit, and for sucking at quarterback.

It's time to move on SupaVick. Vick sucks. It's time to rebuild, and you don't rebuild with an old mobile qb who's not so mobile anymore, who's obviously lost more than a couple of steps, who's never learn the play the position, and who was never very accurate to begin with.

I hope the door does hit him in the ass.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 08:10 PM) *

Very first drive, he missed a wide open receiver dwn the middle. On the drive that achieved our first 1st dwn with a 2 yard completion to DJax, he had celek running all alone up the deep middle with a fucking D tackle in distant pursuit.

Vick stank and did his part to lose the game in the first quarter alone. He is the worst qb we've had since Rodney.

The d stank. Coaching stank. But to clam Vick is faultless is fucking numb nutting it to the highest order.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 09:24 PM) *
There was no bloody way, barring a miracle, that the Eagles were going to get 2TDs on that defense in 5 minutes. The game was over by then.

Most of the drives that ended in Shady runs were anchored by big time, chain moving 3rd (and in one case 4th down) passes from Vick. Shady had less than 70 yards on 19 carries today. Bryce Brown might have had the longest run today.

The fact is, you can not realistically pin THIS game on Vick. The defense gave up 30 to these guys. Blame the penalties, blame Nnamdi, blame Coleman for biting on yet another play fake. The Eagles had 0 turnovers. They also could not get on the field.

I'm actually rather ambivalent about Vick, I just get tired of hearing kneejerk garbage about hm, from people who I suspect believe that a "more accurate QB" could bail the Eagles out of idiotic playcalling in the games prior -- and even more so from butthurt, racist cocksuckers who are still butthurt that someone who did the time for his crime is playing football. If the shoe fits with the latter, fuck you. If you're the former, I'm just going to keep arguing the point. There's been one game where Vick was the primary reason why the game was lost, and that was Arizona. Too many turnovers in a game where Andy/Marty waited too freakin long to call the offensive game they should have been using since game 1.

That's about as far as I care about Vick. If I felt the Eagles had a better option right today, I would call for it right now. However, it's getting close to the point where a better option doesn't matter -- because what we saw today was the culmination of Andy Reid's decision making biting the Eagles in the ass.

- Going with Vick (if you're in that box)
- Picking Castillo to call the defense -- only because he had no head coaching aspirations
- ignoring the linebacker and safety positions for years
- Nnamdi signing (in retrospect)
- ignoring the realities of the pass-pass-pass, long-developing play offense against defenses that have seen it for years
- Wide 9 defense

so on and so forth.

it might have taken Michael Vick to bring it to the limelight but after this point there really is no excuse for Reid's handling of the team unless a miracle happens and the Eagles go on a 8-1 run for the rest of the season.

your on fire Claw!!! I'm just waiting to see which part of your post will be quoted in the rebuttal
Rick
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 09:29 PM) *
You can, however, blame Vick for playing like shit, and for sucking at quarterback.

It's time to move on SupaVick. Vick sucks. It's time to rebuild, and you don't rebuild with an old mobile qb who's not so mobile anymore, who's obviously lost more than a couple of steps, who's never learn the play the position, and who was never very accurate to begin with.

I hope the door does hit him in the ass.

I'm with you on this.
Eyrie
Saying you can't blame Vick for yesterday is irrelevant. What has put his position on this team in jeopardy isn't one barely competent performance against the Falcons, but a series of poor performances. No-one gets a pass just because they sucked less than other players/coaches.

He either improves vastly or is part of the massive clear out that is coming. That applies to Reid, his coaching staff and the other players as much as Vick.
D Rock
Fuck that noise. Improve? He's 32? There won't be any improvement from mike Vick. Sit him, cut him, shoot him. I don't care. But I'm done w his garbage. And now he's taken a page out of Supa5's "how to be a douche" manual and taken to pointing fingers and throwing teammates under the bus. Neat.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Fuck that noise. Improve? He's 32? There won't be any improvement from mike Vick. Sit him, cut him, shoot him. I don't care. But I'm done w his garbage. And now he's taken a page out of Supa5's "how to be a douche" manual and taken to pointing fingers and throwing teammates under the bus. Neat.

That's a manual authored by the head coach. Throwing players/coaches under the bus is a recreational activity for Reid.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 10:11 AM) *

LOL! Listen to you flailing and REACHING to blame Vick for this game.

the defense ceded an ENTIRE QUARTER to the Falcons, which gave them 2 TDs. The game was pretty much lost at that point. The defense continued to let the Falcons eat clock and go down the field.

Well, we know which box you fall under.
Freddie Falcon
Vick is a trainwreck and a coach killer (and dog killer for that matter). Blame Vick for everything!
GQSmooth
Look we've seen the best Vick has to offer. 2010 Vick is not coming back. The Vick we see today is not good enough to take this team where it wants to go. Lawlor put up an article the first week of bye showing Vick's performance against rookie QBs, guess what there is no drop off from Vick to a rookie. We saw Vick getting chased down from behind by a DE multiple times this year. Time to move on. I wanted Vick to have success here as much as anybody, its not happening.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 29 2012, 05:17 PM) *
LOL! Listen to you flailing and REACHING to blame Vick for this game.

the defense ceded an ENTIRE QUARTER to the Falcons, which gave them 2 TDs. The game was pretty much lost at that point. The defense continued to let the Falcons eat clock and go down the field.

Well, we know which box you fall under.

I've got plenty of blame for that dog shit performance by the defense. I was responding to those who would say "Vick is blameless." Do you read? Vick played like shit. The D sucked nards and gave him too few chances, but he shit the bed with the chances he got.

D Rock
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 29 2012, 06:10 PM) *
Look we've seen the best Vick has to offer. 2010 Vick is not coming back. The Vick we see today is not good enough to take this team where it wants to go. Lawlor put up an article the first week of bye showing Vick's performance against rookie QBs, guess what there is no drop off from Vick to a rookie. We saw Vick getting chased down from behind by a DE multiple times this year. Time to move on. I wanted Vick to have success here as much as anybody, its not happening.

100% agreed. The Miracle of the Meadowlands II should be renamed to The Mirage of the Meadowlands. It will forever been known as the death nell of this era. Looking at his career in it's entirety, it's clear that 2010 was an outlier, the exception that proved the rule that Mike Vick can't play quarterback.

Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 02:11 PM) *

C'mon, you've known me for long enough to know that I'd rather not have Vick here. All I was doing was pointing out that if he plays like it's 2010 again then he is worth keeping.

Will that happen? No- partly because the OL doesn't give him any protection and partly because the playcalling doesn't help but mainly because Vick is still the sub-standard QB I argued against on purely football grounds when Reid brought him here. He's a poor fit for this pass-first, pass-second and pass-third offense.

I fully expect him to be gone because of his lack of production and our next head coach wanting a better QB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.