Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why do that?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
When there is one second left in the half, and you're down 24-7, why NOT throw a Hail Mary? What can it hurt?
xsv
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 28 2012, 02:27 PM) *
When there is one second left in the half, and you're down 24-7, why NOT throw a Hail Mary? What can it hurt?

because he can't throw the ball 80 yards downfield.

You almost never see hail marys more than 60 yards away. I suppose we could have tried a hook and lateral, but they never work.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 28 2012, 02:27 PM) *

It's all a part of Andy's grand scheme to have a balanced run/pass ratio at the end of the day rolleyes.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 01:30 PM) *

You almost never see hail marys more than 60 yards away. I suppose we could have tried a hook and lateral, but they never work.

But didn't running the ball seem a little tone deaf to you? The fans in the stand are already unhappy, and what they did was really only one step short of kneeling the ball so they could go in. It just seems to me if I'm Andy, and I've got fans howling for my head on a platter, I would take every opportunity like that to show I was trying.
xsv
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 28 2012, 02:36 PM) *
But didn't running the ball seem a little tone deaf to you? The fans in the stand are already unhappy, and what they did was really only one step short of kneeling the ball so they could go in. It just seems to me if I'm Andy, and I've got fans howling for my head on a platter, I would take every opportunity like that to show I was trying.

I think it was the conservative, and probably the prudent thing to do.
Dreagon
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 01:30 PM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5dTTYuDpk
Actually, Vick can come pretty damn close.
Phits
Vick can launch the ball with the best of them....it's his accuracy that is the problem.

Reid isn't the kind to give into public pressure. It's one of his better characteristics.
Eyrie
If we weren't going to try a Hail Mary, what was the point of instructing Polk to take a knee and preserve that one second?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.