Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goodbye Andy Reid
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Thanks for 2000-2004.

Fuck you for the rest.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 02:02 PM) *
Thanks for 2000-2004.

Fuck you for the rest.

this pisses me off. This is the best Eagles offense has played in weeks, but they can't get on the damn field.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 02:04 PM) *
this pisses me off. This is the best Eagles offense has played in weeks, but they can't get on the damn field.

The whole team is pitiful. The whole team is Reid's responsibility.

He's toast.
SAM I Am
I do believe the clock is definitely ticking on Andy's tenure here, and the fatman has burned all his timeouts.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 28 2012, 02:02 PM) *
Thanks for 2000-2004.

Fuck you for the rest.

the Eagles should have used an offense like this from game 1. Another reason Andy should go. They're losing now but absent some of the drops this would have made the Cleveland game more definitive.
Rick
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 28 2012, 02:04 PM) *

Huh? You watching the same game? To say they were playing well makes no sense. The play calling sucked but they sucked even worse. The Oline looked worse than it ever has, Vick (again) looked lost and confused (although he didn't turn the ball over for a change) and they had absolutely no spark at ALL on that side of the ball.

The defense looked even worse.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 28 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Huh? You watching the same game? To say they were playing well makes no sense. The play calling sucked but they sucked even worse. The Oline looked worse than it ever has, Vick (again) looked lost and confused (although he didn't turn the ball over for a change) and they had absolutely no spark at ALL on that side of the ball.

The defense looked even worse.

LOL. I saw a team moving down the field without turning it over.... twice for TDs. Running (however meager, but effective). The O-Line still sucks, and Vick still has his moments where he could have made a better play. That kind of offense to START a game is exactly what the Eagles have needed for years. Andy went away from it because ... who knows.

The empty backfield plays that stalled a drive in the red zone was classic Andy though.

But I forget who I'm talking to... refer to my other post about "those who blame Vick for the Falcons game".
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 29 2012, 12:33 PM) *
LOL. I saw a team moving down the field without turning it over.... twice for TDs. Running (however meager, but effective). The O-Line still sucks, and Vick still has his moments where he could have made a better play. That kind of offense to START a game is exactly what the Eagles have needed for years. Andy went away from it because ... who knows.

The empty backfield plays that stalled a drive in the red zone was classic Andy though.

But I forget who I'm talking to... refer to my other post about "those who blame Vick for the Falcons game".

Vick didn't move the ball downfield. Shady did. Vick sucks this game, much like he has all year. Much like he did all last year.

D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 29 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Vick didn't move the ball downfield. Shady did. Vick sucks this game, much like he has all year. Much like he did all last year.

Vick Sux. The Defense Sux. The Team Sux.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 29 2012, 12:59 PM) *
Vick Sux. The Defense Sux. The Team Sux.

Realistically, other than Shady, can you name one unit on our team that you would take over Atlanta? Yesterday should be a hard truth to any fan of this organization just how mediocre our roster is.

That is two straight weeks where a team has stacked the box and forced us to throw. And we've had no success doing so.

We have some talent, but we're not a talented team. That absolutely starts at the top. If Reid is responsible for picking the players, than it falls on him. I think we need a clearly defined GM and coach moving forward. The coach should be responsible for getting the most out of players and creating a scheme to fit his personel. Not the other way around.

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2012, 02:15 PM) *
Realistically, other than Shady, can you name one unit on our team that you would take over Atlanta? Yesterday should be a hard truth to any fan of this organization just how mediocre our roster is.

That is two straight weeks where a team has stacked the box and forced us to throw. And we've had no success doing so.

We have some talent, but we're not a talented team. That absolutely starts at the top. If Reid is responsible for picking the players, than it falls on him. I think we need a clearly defined GM and coach moving forward. The coach should be responsible for getting the most out of players and creating a scheme to fit his personel. Not the other way around.

Look at that we agree on something. I knew it would only be a matter of time. whoever is f*cking up this team needs to get the ol' heave ho. if it's Howie...burn him at the stake and the same goes for the rest of the management team (coaches included) and the underachieving players.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 29 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Look at that we agree on something. I knew it would only be a matter of time. whoever is f*cking up this team needs to get the ol' heave ho. if it's Howie...burn him at the stake and the same goes for the rest of the management team (coaches included) and the underachieving players.

I'd like to see a complete and utter house cleaning. Howie has done absolutely nothing to justify sticking around.

Seriously, consider which guys on our roster you would want to build around. I can think of about 5. Pretty god damned pathetic.

I guess that's what happens when you go 6 years without drafting a quality defender (assuming that Cox and Kendricks continue to progress at a solid rate)
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2012, 02:39 PM) *
I'd like to see a complete and utter house cleaning. Howie has done absolutely nothing to justify sticking around.

Seriously, consider which guys on our roster you would want to build around. I can think of about 5. Pretty god damned pathetic.

hmmm....

Shady, jenkins, Ryans, DRC with maclin being a good complimentary guy to the #1?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2012, 02:39 PM) *

There's plenty more than that. Just some huge gaping holes that make the difference between a mediocre team and a contender.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2012, 01:49 PM) *
There's plenty more than that.

Go for it.

Mine would be...

Shady
Cox
Kendricks
Henery
DJax
Maclin
Boykin
Foles (hopefully)
Ryans

I'm not sure anyone else has show the type of attitude I'd want out of a leader on this team
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Go for it.

Mine would be...

Shady
Cox
Kendricks
Henery
DJax
Maclin
Boykin
Foles (hopefully)
Ryans

I'm not sure anyone else has show the type of attitude I'd want out of a leader on this team

Herremans, Peters, Avant, Babin, Cole, Kelce, DRC
I agree with yours. My point was it's plenty more than what you initially stated, which is what I think our list qualifies to be.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Herremans, Peters, Avant, Babin, Cole, Kelce, DRC
I agree with yours. My point was it's plenty more than what you initially stated, which is what I think our list qualifies to be.

Herremans is 30 and on the downside, Peters may never be the same again, Avant looks relatively ineffective this year, Babin is losing playing time given his performances, I love Cole but he's on the downside, Kelce may only be suited for Mudd's scheme, and I think DRC is talented but I'm not sure how I feel about his attitude.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Herremans is 30 and on the downside, Peters may never be the same again, Avant looks relatively ineffective this year, Babin is losing playing time given his performances, I love Cole but he's on the downside, Kelce may only be suited for Mudd's scheme, and I think DRC is talented but I'm not sure how I feel about his attitude.

We're not playing fantasy football here - I'm just talking about competent players, who should stay and who should go. We're going to have a lot of holes to deal with, you can get by with these guys.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 29 2012, 02:21 PM) *
I'm just talking about competent players, who should stay and who should go. We're going to have a lot of holes to deal with, you can get by with these guys.

Right, but my initial point was who would you build around. Most of the guys you mentioned aren't building blocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.