Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rodgers-Cromartie defends Castillo
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
In response to questions about Graham's comments earlier this week:

““Of course that’s what you’re going to say when things tend to go bad, you’re going to pinpoint someone,” Rodgers-Cromartie said, via CSNPhilly.com. “I don’t feel that way. You look at statistics, shoot, we’re still in the top of the running. I can’t do nothing about it. But I didn’t see no problems.”

About Castillo:

He changed my game,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “He brought me to a press corner. He’s one of them guys that will take the time with you to let you understand the weaknesses in your game and keep you after practice and make you work on it.”

Apparently DRC did not go to the Andy Reid school of Finger Pointing.
mcnabbulous
You're whole schtick is exhausting. How about your finger pointing only at Reid, instead of the actual players. Which is exactly what DRC is alluding to.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2012, 04:51 PM) *
You're whole schtick is exhausting. How about your finger pointing only at Reid, instead of the actual players. Which is exactly what DRC is alluding to.

You're sick of my shtick after only a few seasons....imagine how I feel about our Lord of coaching. Did you forget that Reid threw Castillo under the bus after his experiment blew up in his face?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2012, 04:03 PM) *
You're sick of my shtick after only a few seasons....imagine how I feel about our Lord of coaching. Did you forget that Reid threw Castillo under the bus after his experiment blew up in his face?

You're virtually the only person clinging to the idea that Castillo deserved to keep his job.

You and DRC, I guess. Reid recognized the mistake in hiring Castillo and rectified it. Did you expect Castillo to get a lifetime contract?
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Apparently DRC did not go to the Andy Reid school of Finger Pointing.[/size]

This is bullshit. Supa5 was the king of finger pointing. Reid has often been heavily criticized for being less than forthcoming about calling out guilty parties. Or have you never heard the phrase "I gotta do a better job there."

You have devolved into a sad, tired comedy routine.

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 25 2012, 06:24 PM) *
This is bullshit. Supa5 was the king of finger pointing. Reid has often been heavily criticized for being less than forthcoming about calling out guilty parties. Or have you never heard the phrase "I gotta do a better job there."

You have devolved into a sad, tired comedy routine.

Just a few weeks ago YOU were praising the hire and criticizing those of us who questioned the move.

Just a few weeks ago when I criticized the D for blowing late leads...you and McKnowitall said the offense is to blame.

Just a few days ago your hero Andy Reid made a scapegoat of the man who he hired to do a job he was obviously not qualified. I say obviously because the rest of the world knew it but you and the other VP's of the Andy Reid fan club said different.

Yet still, you can't admit you were wrong. You both refuse to even acknowledge that Andy Reid needs to do a better job, and that simply saying it is no longer enough. You have yet to acknowledge that his words are louder than his actions.

I may be a dimwit, dip shit know nothing (or any other kind descriptive words that have been used on me over the years for voicing my opinion), but i do know this Reid has worn out his welcome and his judgement is coming. He should have left a few years ago with the red carpet treatment, instead it looks like he will get the boot. Until then I will lead the brigade to get him the F out.

Plenty of room on the bandwagon when you come to your senses.

As for the bullshit, save that for the sad comedy routine our once very good coach has devolved into.
HOUSEoPAIN
Just a few weeks ago YOU were praising the hire and criticizing those of us who questioned the move.

In all fairness, it IS hard for people to admit that they're morons. We win a couple games and the Reid apologists are out in force claiming victory for the Castillo hire - we blow another lead, and he gets fired.....and they still stick by AR wacko.gif

Also remember, Reid infamously threw David Akers under the bus after the GB playoff loss - our HOF kicker, one of the best ever and certainly the best Eagle kicker ever, who saved the walrus's ass more than a few times, and after another game where we give the ball to McCoy just a few times and we lose, he blames Akers.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Castillo was set up to be Reid's fall guy - he cares more about keeping his job than winning (and he's not smart enough to see the irony in that, a qualified DC will win more and will keep him his job).

D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2012, 11:54 PM) *

Just a few weeks ago when I criticized the D for blowing late leads...you and McKnowitall said the offense is to blame.

Just a few days ago your hero Andy Reid made a scapegoat of the man who he hired to do a job he was obviously not qualified. I say obviously because the rest of the world knew it but you and the other VP's of the Andy Reid fan club said different.

Yet still, you can't admit you were wrong. You both refuse to even acknowledge that Andy Reid needs to do a better job, and that simply saying it is no longer enough. You have yet to acknowledge that his words are louder than his actions.

I may be a dimwit, dip shit know nothing (or any other kind descriptive words that have been used on me over the years for voicing my opinion), but i do know this Reid has worn out his welcome and his judgement is coming. He should have left a few years ago with the red carpet treatment, instead it looks like he will get the boot. Until then I will lead the brigade to get him the F out.

Plenty of room on the bandwagon when you come to your senses.

As for the bullshit, save that for the sad comedy routine our once very good coach has devolved into.

There is no way anyone with a single ounce of sense can deny the offense has been much more troublesome than the D.

Spin it anyway you like. That fact remains.

I didn't call you a dimwit, dipshit or knw nothing.

I called you pathetic and sad.
mcnabbulous
The problem with the two of you (and what has become of this board) is that there is no longer critical analysis of the things that take place on the field. You have one single explanation for everything that happens on Sundays: Andy Reid. If good things happen, it's despite him. If bad things happen, it's because of him.

I don't care that you have an opinion that differs from me. What annoys me is that your opinion is based exclusively on your gut instincts. I think you watch the game on Sundays with a pre-meditated opinion that Reid sucks, and then when something goes wrong, you use it to justify your opinion.

On the other hand, I am willing to acknowledge Reid's shortcomings, while realizing he shares them with the majority of coaches in the NFL. With that said, I watch the games and draw opinions/conclusions...

But then I read additional resources (that are beyond the anti-Reid circle jerk you all have formed here.) That includes all-22 film and blogs/writers that know far more about football than myself.

And guess what, when our HoF kicker misses 2 makable field goals in a playoff game that we lose by 5 points, he deserves criticism. It's the nature of being a professional athlete and being paid millions of dollars for your services.

Castillo was overmatched and Reid took the appropriate action to rectify it. He probably shouldn't have ever been in that position to begin with, but there are likely more variables beyond simply Andy handing him the keys to the car. Don't forget that his hiring didn't happen instantly. It came long after the decision to bring in Washburn to coach the DL.

While defense hasn't been our biggest problem this year (that goes to Vick,) their play has deteriorated in the 4th quarter in multiple games. Saying that Castillo deserved to be fired isn't mutually exclusive from identifying other changes that should happen.

Honestly, you guys can have this place to yourself for a while. The conversation has become stale and there are much better places to discuss the actual things that happen on the field. Enjoy clamoring for something that has no chance of happening for a minimum of 3 months. I hope it doesn't keep you up at night.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2012, 11:30 AM) *
I called you pathetic and sad.

For wanting more from a team that I am invested in? In that case I'll be pathetic and sad and you can be delusional and in denial.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2012, 12:08 PM) *
Honestly, you guys can have this place to yourself for a while. The conversation has become stale and there are much better places to discuss the actual things that happen on the field. Enjoy clamoring for something that has no chance of happening for a minimum of 3 months. I hope it doesn't keep you up at night.

Here's a virtual tissue, you can use it to dry your eyes.

It's a discussion board, when you don't like what's being discussed you can disregard the thread or ignore the user.

I have acknowledged over and over that Reid was a very good coach. I feel that he has lost whatever mojo was driving him and stirring up his coaching juices. It's no different than your (differing) opinion that he is still a very good coach.

As for your issue with our clamouring about something that may/may not happen for some time, maybe we stop talking about the possibility of the playoffs/winning the division/upcoming games/trade possibilities/potential draft picks etc..?
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 26 2012, 05:16 PM) *
For wanting more from a team that I am invested in? In that case I'll be pathetic and sad and you can be delusional and in denial.

No. We all want more from this team. You're pathetic and sad because your hatred for Reid has permiated every level of your nfl fandom. It's apparent in every word offered here for the last 3 years. It's clouded your once considerable analytical skills as an nfl observer.

I know of what I speak. I used to have the same "hate goggles" on for Supa5. I feel pretty confident in guessing that you probably don't even enjoy watching the eagles any more and likely haven't for some time. And you come here to spew that hatred all over other fans in your virtual proximity refusing to look at any stat, concept or idea that might suggest fault could lie anywhere other than the object of your disdain.

Take it from one who has been there and done that . . . This is pathetic and sad.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2012, 01:26 PM) *
No. We all want more from this team. You're pathetic and sad because your hatred for Reid has permiated every level of your nfl fandom. It's apparent in every word offered here for the last 3 years. It's clouded your once considerable analytical skills as an nfl observer.

I know of what I speak. I used to have the same "hate goggles" on for Supa5. I feel pretty confident in guessing that you probably don't even enjoy watching the eagles any more and likely haven't for some time. And you come here to spew that hatred all over other fans in your virtual proximity refusing to look at any stat, concept or idea that might suggest fault could lie anywhere other than the object of your disdain.

Take it from one who has been there and done that . . . This is pathetic and sad.

Project much? Wow.
D Rock
Look up the term, moron.

My own mea culpa is contained within the post. It's obvious unless of course, you're stupid.

And in my own case of "hate goggles" my hatred has since been proven well placed as Supa5 has been exposed as the fraud I was jumping up and down to point out.

Like I said, Phits is sad and pathetic.

You? You're just a dick.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2012, 03:52 PM) *
Look up the term, moron.

My own mea culpa is contained within the post. It's obvious unless of course, you're stupid.

And in my own case of "hate goggles" my hatred has since been proven well placed as Supa5 has been exposed as the fraud I was jumping up and down to point out.

Like I said, Phits is sad and pathetic.

You? You're just a dick.

As I said. Your last response to him was a case study in projection, this last childish response drives the point home further. You are absolutely incapable of engaging in any sort of meaningful conversation, and if anyone tries to break through your demented-Reid-apologist shell you fire back with 3rd grade insults, and rant to us that someone who's been retired for years is a fraud.

Whether it's making an o-line coach our DC, or dialing up 50 pass plays a game, you absolutely must not let the truth or obvious facts get in the way of your whiny, pubescent need to 'be right' about why we haven't won a ring. You're a groupie, plain and simple, and a pretty sad excuse for a 'man.'
koolaidluke
I think firing Castillo was a mistake. I thought it was the right decision immediately but no longer do. He got a raw deal.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 26 2012, 04:14 PM) *
I think firing Castillo was a mistake. I thought it was the right decision immediately but no longer do. He got a raw deal.

And DRock's only intellectual junior on the board joins in. Cheers!
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 26 2012, 09:06 PM) *
As I said. Your last response to him was a case study in projection, this last childish response drives the point home further. You are absolutely incapable of engaging in any sort of meaningful conversation, and if anyone tries to break through your demented-Reid-apologist shell you fire back with 3rd grade insults, and rant to us that someone who's been retired for years is a fraud.

Whether it's making an o-line coach our DC, or dialing up 50 pass plays a game, you absolutely must not let the truth or obvious facts get in the way of your whiny, pubescent need to 'be right' about why we haven't won a ring. You're a groupie, plain and simple, and a pretty sad excuse for a 'man.'

Meaningfull in your estimation includes joining the Andy Sux Circle Jerk.

Nope. That's all you, Slappy.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 26 2012, 09:26 PM) *
And DRock's only intellectual junior on the board joins in. Cheers!

And here's our "case study" in being a dick.

Just sayin...

rolleyes.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2012, 08:07 PM) *
And here's our "case study" in being a dick.

Just sayin...

rolleyes.gif

Can't take a compliment? I was pointing out there's actually someone here you know more about football than. Sheesh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.