Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lose this week --- then what
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
We all know Atl is going to crush us. I figure the next move is to bench Vick and play Foles.

Lose a couple more after that and you many see Andy step down mid-season and Bowles take over. Would be a good trial run for him and help Lurie decide if he wants him as HC next year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 23 2012, 10:26 AM) *
We all know Atl is going to crush us. I figure the next move is to bench Vick and play Foles.

Lose a couple more after that and you many see Andy step down mid-season and Bowles take over. Would be a good trial run for him and help Lurie decide if he wants him as HC next year.

You're delusional. Reid will never 'step down' mid-season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pull out a win, and stay undefeated after the bye. Remember the wild card this Sunday: now we have an actual defensive mind as our DC, one who COULD potentially make up for Andy Reid's gameday stupidity much like JJ used to.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 23 2012, 10:26 AM) *

I have the NFL.com all-22 thingy that allows me to rewatch any games. Having watched a lot of the falcon game vs the lolraiders I would say your prediction of the eagles getting crushed because the falcs are 6-0 is off base.

The falcons are soft as butter. They are good and they deserve their 6-0. You are what your record says of course. But they are faaaar from a juggernaut.

I see their defense giving up runs and big passing plays. I see Ryan throwing INTs and bad throws all over the place. I see their o-line gIving up sacks/pressure , etc... They almost lost to a horrible raider and panther team.

Add that to AR's record after the bye annnnnnd the fact that Vick is motivated to stop all this benched/foles talk and this may be a runaway eagles victory. Keep in mind that Vick has never as long as he has been playing been considered being benched Once named a starter. Times like these make big ego guys with eroding skills dig deep and focus. If Vick has anymore magic left you will see it Sunday

"crushed?" not so fast
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Oct 23 2012, 11:25 AM) *
I have the NFL.com all-22 thingy that allows me to rewatch any games. Having watched a lot of the falcon game vs the lolraiders I would say your prediction of the eagles getting crushed because the falcs are 6-0 is off base.

The falcons are soft as butter. They are good and they deserve their 6-0. You are what your record says of course. But they are faaaar from a juggernaut.

I see their defense giving up runs and big passing plays. I see Ryan throwing INTs and bad throws all over the place. I see their o-line gIving up sacks/pressure , etc... They almost lost to a horrible raider and panther team.

Add that to AR's record after the bye annnnnnd the fact that Vick is motivated to stop all this benched/foles talk and this may be a runaway eagles victory. Keep in mind that Vick has never as long as he has been playing been considered being benched Once named a starter. Times like these make big ego guys with eroding skills dig deep and focus. If Vick has anymore magic left you will see it Sunday

"crushed?" not so fast

Atlanta just has to score 24 points, since we can't score that much, they win. Add the fact that Atlanta's defense has the secret formula to forcing turnovers, which just happens to be our Achilles heel. ATL = 10 INT & 9 Fumbles. That's just over 3 takeaways per game....which just happens to coincide with our average for give-aways (PHI = 8 INT & 9 fumbles).

The only advantage we appear to have is that ATL seems to struggle against mobile QB's (see Cam Newton and RG III). The downside to this is that they appeared to figure it out...by knocking out those troublesome QB's (see RG III). Given our QB's propensity for getting hurt and turning the ball over.....it's a recipe for disaster.
make_it_rain
[ ] takes the bait

bonko is nothing more than a troll (and a second rate troll at that) who contributes absolutely zero in terms of quality discussion to this board, and although its tough, its usually better to not waste any mental energy responding to pointless threads like this.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 23 2012, 11:47 AM) *
[ ] takes the bait

bonko is nothing more than a troll (and a second rate troll at that) who contributes absolutely zero in terms of quality discussion to this board, and although its tough, its usually better to not waste any mental energy responding to pointless threads like this.

He's loads more entertaning then KAL you have to admit
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 23 2012, 11:53 AM) *

Andy only has a few cards to play:

Fire Castillo -- done that.
Take over play calling from MM --- can still play this card but it is not that big of a move.
Play Foles -- I actually think he thought MV would be hurt by now so this would happen on its own.
Step down.

He can also let a 5- 11 season play out and then be let go.

xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 23 2012, 11:53 AM) *

I don't know. I give KAL extra points for his bat shit crazy posts making me laugh.

Lunacy is better when it's funny.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 23 2012, 03:20 PM) *
I don't know. I give KAL extra points for his bat shit crazy posts making me laugh.

Lunacy is better when it's funny.

I prefer clever trolling to psychotic babble. Nobody pays attention to KAL, while Mr. Bonko always gets an amusing reaction out of people. Trolling is an art form worth mastering, I do it all the time on yahoo news and I recognize talent when I see it. Bonko is still a padawan though.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
If history is anything to go by, disappointment about the Eagles is a given. A certainty. The only thing not known is, when does the disappointment arrive?

If not now, then later seems to be the Eagles method. After all, no trophies in the case is the stark reality indicator of what eventually comes to the fan.

But there is another certainty. With the Eagles sometimes we get surprised and overwhelmed with excitement over a great game or series of them.

All of which goes to say that when it comes to any one game next up in the schedule we've no idea WHAT to expect.

And for this week we have that unreliable trend of solid wins following the bye.

So ... I'm realistic to know I might be disappointed again come next Sunday post game time, but then again, I just might get my optimism flowing again on the outcome of one terrific win.

My frame of mind though is erring towards being disappointed. This year the team has given me BUCKETS FULL of reason to carry around a bad taste in my mouth.

This friggen team and the situations they put me in are solely responsible for one of the major contributors to any stress I might carry around with me.

What a mess. Friggen Eagles drive me FUCKING CRAZY !!!!!!!
Bez
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 23 2012, 03:32 PM) *
I prefer clever trolling to psychotic babble. Nobody pays attention to KAL, while Mr. Bonko always gets an amusing reaction out of people. Trolling is an art form worth mastering, I do it all the time on yahoo news and I recognize talent when I see it. Bonko is still a padawan though.
Who are you on Yahoo News ? Post City Data and let me know who you are so I can read and see your inner sociopath at work. They ban conservatives who troll but allow Liberals to tar and feather.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bez @ Oct 23 2012, 04:22 PM) *
They ban conservatives who troll

Not yet. wink.gif

I'll personal message you. *warning* I hope you enjoy my sick, twisted sense of humor.
koolaidluke
I got to go with the Eagles in this one.

We've beat the Giants and the Ravens so we can beat good teams. The only good team we lost to was Pitt and they were coming off a bye and playing at home and they still needed two Vick fumbles.

I believe Vick has got his ball security issues under control and I think Bowles will call a better game than Castillo, so the only question remains Reid/Marty and if they decide to stick with the full retard play calling.

Since it's after a crushing defeat and after the bye I'm gonna assume Reid/Marty use a ton of short passes and have Vick carve up Atlanta's D. The real question is if they return to retardo game plans thereafter. History says yes.

The good news is that if they keep trying to burn teams deep, they will both get a well deserved firing at the end of the season. I am so sick of their shit it's not even funny.

And Reid would never step down midseason because that would cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars as well as another chance to ever be an HC again.
VICKtory
Honestly I'm predicting the eagles get there first double digit win this week (by around 10 not a complete blowout by any means)

I can give 10 solid reasons to show you why, feel free to disagree
1. The big one being Andy after the bye
2. We have a new DC so ATL will not be able to study any defensive tendencies we may now have
3. The offense is seriously due for a big game, we have one of the most talented teams in the league and they'll all be fresh coming off the bye
4. MV is determined to play well and prove he is the QB of this team
5. MV is going back to ATL we all know that should make it a little more special, especially after getting knocked out by them last year
6. The Falcons are good, but they're certainly beatable
7. Assante Samuel will get beat for a long touchdown off a double move (just watch I'm calling it right now) which is something we've been needing all year to spark this team
8. The turnovers for this team have been decreasing as the season goes on, I'm guessing they keep them in check again this week
9. Our defense matches up very well with this team, they have two good wide outs and a good running back, we can easily prevent the wide outs from having a big game with our talented DB's and our defense can actually stop the run this year
10. Andy is coming off a bye
Phits
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Oct 23 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Honestly I'm predicting the eagles get there first double digit win this week (by around 10 not a complete blowout by any means)

2. We have a new DC so ATL will not be able to study any defensive tendencies we may now have
3. The offense is seriously due for a big game, we have one of the most talented teams in the league and they'll all be fresh coming off the bye
5. MV is going back to ATL we all know that should make it a little more special, especially after getting knocked out by them last year
7. Assante Samuel will get beat for a long touchdown off a double move (just watch I'm calling it right now) which is something we've been needing all year to spark this team
8. The turnovers for this team have been decreasing as the season goes on, I'm guessing they keep them in check again this week
9. Our defense matches up very well with this team, they have two good wide outs and a good running back, we can easily prevent the wide outs from having a big game with our talented DB's and our defense can actually stop the run this year

like i said

Atlanta just has to score 24 points, since we can't score that much, they win. Add the fact that Atlanta's defense has the secret formula to forcing turnovers, which just happens to be our Achilles heel. ATL = 10 INT & 9 Fumbles. That's just over 3 takeaways per game....which just happens to coincide with our average for give-aways (PHI = 8 INT & 9 fumbles).

The only advantage we appear to have is that ATL seems to struggle against mobile QB's (see Cam Newton and RG III). The downside to this is that they appeared to figure it out...by knocking out those troublesome QB's (see RG III). Given our QB's propensity for getting hurt and turning the ball over.....it's a recipe for disaster.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Oct 23 2012, 09:22 PM) *

1. So it ATL plus we suck.
2. Doubt anything changes that quick.
3. Our OL is arguably the worst in the league in our QB is a turnover machine.
4. Si what?
5. Game is in PHL, not ATL
6. Beatable yes, but not by us.
7. More likely he has a pick 6.
8. Bad guess.
9. Not in Q4
10. See #1.
koolaidluke
I agree. Eagles in a blowout.

Probably back to suckage next week though.
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 23 2012, 05:54 PM) *
I believe Vick has got his ball security issues under control...

And why, exactly, do you feel this way? He's not shown any indication that he has this under control.
Dreagon
Atlanta is unbeaten, but they sure haven't looked unbeatable. I think you guys have a decent shot at them if you just don't turn the ball over.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 24 2012, 02:25 PM) *
if you just don't turn the ball over.

Like that'll happen.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 24 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Atlanta is unbeaten, but they sure haven't looked unbeatable. I think you guys have a decent shot at them if you just don't turn the ball over.

they average about 3 take aways per game. we average 3 give aways. the odds aren't in our favor.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 24 2012, 04:41 PM) *
they average about 3 take aways per game. we average 3 give aways. the odds aren't in our favor.

Except according to Vegas, we're giving a point right now......
Rick
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 24 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Like that'll happen.

Mr. Bonko made a funny! LOL!
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 24 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Except according to Vegas, we're giving a point right now......

That's because so many people are betting on the Eagles to come out and play well after the bye. It's an incentive to bet on Atlanta.
SLOiggles
I know one thing and one thing only.

Andy Reid and the game after bye weeks is synonymous with The Undertaker and Wrestlemania.

Neither loses.

Book it

We will win.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Oct 27 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I know one thing and one thing only.

Andy Reid and the game after bye weeks is synonymous with The Undertaker and Wrestlemania.

Neither loses.

Book it

We will win.

Has he ever faced another team w/ a better record also coming off a bye while missing 3 starting offensive lineman?

Perfectly fitting that Vick's last start as an Eagle and Andy's next nail in his coffin will come while wearing black against Atl during a hurricane.
TGryn
Good breakdown of the Falcons' struggles stopping the run. Not surprisingly, Asante is a big part of that:

http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2012/10/enem...ng-the-run.html

Presumably this is so obvious a problem for them that even Andy and Marty can't outthink this one. Hey, I can dream, can't I?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.