Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lurie's Process to Hire a new Head Coach
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
At 3-3 w/ the NYG at 5-2, it is abundantly clear that the Eagles will not be making the playoffs. Luries knows this already. With Banner gone, will Howie drive the process to find the new HC or will Lurie take a hands on approach? Will the new HC report to Howie or will he remain a peer of Howie and report to Lurie (as Andy did)?

You would think that Bowles has a shot at the job, but how do you hire a guy who was part of the staff that failed to make the post-season? So who are the likely candidates? Something tells me that it will be an assitant from a recent SB champ (like Reid was) not someone like Chuckie or Cowher.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 22 2012, 11:28 AM) *
At 3-3 w/ the NYG at 5-2, it is abundantly clear that the Eagles will not be making the playoffs. Luries knows this already. With Banner gone, will Howie drive the process to find the new HC or will Lurie take a hands on approach? Will the new HC report to Howie or will he remain a peer of Howie and report to Lurie (as Andy did)?

You would think that Bowles has a shot at the job, but how do you hire a guy who was part of the staff that failed to make the post-season? So who are the likely candidates? Something tells me that it will be an assitant from a recent SB champ (like Reid was) not someone like Chuckie or Cowher.

Remember though, you actually have the tie breakers on the Giants so you're not as far behind as you think. And while the Giants have won some good ones, they've also looked erratic and less than impressive at times. So I wouldn't crown them division champions yet.

As far a new coaches go, what about promoting one within the ranks? I mean, you guys seem concerned that your GM is more of a money man than a football guy, so it might be better to go with somebody you've already got than somebody he picks.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 22 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Remember though, you actually have the tie breakers on the Giants so you're not as far behind as you think.

Please.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 22 2012, 05:03 PM) *
As far a new coaches go, what about promoting one within the ranks? I mean, you guys seem concerned that your GM is more of a money man than a football guy, so it might be better to go with somebody you've already got than somebody he picks.

That's why I mentioned Bowles as a possibility.
Pbfan
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 22 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Please.

That's why I mentioned Bowles as a possibility.

Abundantly clear? What's the prob of a 3-3 team making the playoffs historically? 40%. I don't think it's abundantly clear. We can make the playoffs
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Oct 22 2012, 08:56 PM) *
Abundantly clear? What's the prob of a 3-3 team making the playoffs historically? 40%. I don't think it's abundantly clear. We can make the playoffs

Please please please PM the digits of your dealer. I need some of the shit he is selling you.
TGryn
Agreed, still have a good shot at making the playoffs. Will that be enough to save Reid's job? To be determined.

Anyway, figure there'll be plenty of time to discuss new coaches after the season's over, if it comes to that. Too much still up in the air to even speculate at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.