Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want to see why Juan got fired
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Our old friend, IBM, breaks each pass play down against the Lions.
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2012...deo-rewind.html
Amazing how good an analysis can be when it extends beyond, "[fill in the name] sucks"
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2012, 11:07 AM) *
Amazing how good an analysis can be when it extends beyond, "[fill in the name] sucks"

Nnamdi was talking about it. It's good to see the details. Why the hell did they change it up?
Birdman420
Good read thanks guys
igglesblogman
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2012, 10:07 AM) *

Castillo sucks.
xsv
jumpclap.gif

QUOTE (igglesblogman @ Oct 19 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Castillo sucks.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (igglesblogman @ Oct 19 2012, 03:39 PM) *
Castillo sucks.

At least now the people around here will understand it.
TGryn
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 19 2012, 08:24 AM) *
Nnamdi was talking about it. It's good to see the details. Why the hell did they change it up?

Because Allen got injured, and Anderson isn't nearly the cover guy NA is, so they were trying to cover up a sudden liability at safety. Cover-2 is one of the more conservative coverages you can call - as someone put it, that was our version of the prevent defense.
Phits
where is the breakdown for all of the crap the offense has been offending us with?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (TGryn @ Oct 19 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Because Allen got injured, and Anderson isn't nearly the cover guy NA is, so they were trying to cover up a sudden liability at safety. Cover-2 is one of the more conservative coverages you can call - as someone put it, that was our version of the prevent defense.

but they were really playing a cover 2 anyway....they just played man on Calvin Johnson with Nhamdi and kept safety help over the top......which would have been the easiest coverage for Anderson to play......there simply is no good reason they changed their coverage scheme other then to say "lets do something different for the hell of it".......I liked Juan and I had no problem with them taking a shot with him and overall he seemed ok but his flaw was obviously late game reaction.....changing a scheme that was working for no good reason is simply unforgivable...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2012, 02:53 AM) *
where is the breakdown for all of the crap the offense has been offending us with?

I posted that all-22 stuff from Eagles 24/7. Unfortunately for you, it's very much a product of execution/missed opportunity and less about scheme.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 09:12 AM) *
I posted that all-22 stuff from Eagles 24/7. Unfortunately for you, it's very much a product of execution/missed opportunity and less about scheme.

sez you. fortunately for you our former DC was made to be the scapegoat. while I appreciate IBM's efforts (Lord knows i wouldn't/couldn't) it's just another example of fandom. a never ending parade of excuses for Reid's existence.

The offense has scored over 20 (just over) points twice this season. Only once have we scored more than 7 points in the first half. we have been shut out in the first half of games twice. while the defense has let the team down in some games this season, they weren't the big problem plaguing this team.

At the least, Marty should have been fired too and Andy takes full reign of the offensive play calling. since that didn't happen, it leads me to suspect the play calling is not left up to Marty but a combination of the 2 buffoons.
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2012, 11:55 AM) *
At the least, Marty should have been fired too and Andy takes full reign of the offensive play calling. since that didn't happen, it leads me to suspect the play calling is not left up to Marty but a combination of the 2 buffoons.

That's the only way I can see it also. Andy can't fire marty because it's Andy calling the offensive plays.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2012, 10:55 AM) *
sez you.

No. Says the game film. You should take a look.
The offense has scored over 20 (just over) points twice this season. Only once have we scored more than 7 points in the first half. we have been shut out in the first half of games twice. while the defense has let the team down in some games this season, they weren't the big problem plaguing this team.

While I agree that Marty is a prime candidate to get chopped, the alternative is having Reid calling plays, which I'm certain you don't want. It also is difficult for a HC to manage OC responsibilities while serving as the HC. Reid taking over play calling would seem like the obvious move if he is looking for scapegoats and trying to take control of his own fate.
Bowles was hired as a backup plan if Castillo didn't work. We don't have that plan at OC.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2012, 11:42 AM) *
That's the only way I can see it also. Andy can't fire marty because it's Andy calling the offensive plays.

The game film would indicate the play calling isn't the problem.
D Rock
The only way they could "do a better job" of "putting players in the position to make plays" would be to go out and make the throw for Vick.

If guys are open, and they're not getting the ball . . . I don't understand how anyone blames the playcall other than simple haterism.

Hate all ya like. But at least have the decency to admit that's what you're doing.

I hate Mike Vick. He Sux. (See. It isn't even hard to do)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 20 2012, 02:15 PM) *
The only way they could "do a better job" of "putting players in the position to make plays" would be to go out and make the throw for Vick.

If guys are open, and they're not getting the ball . . . I don't understand how anyone blames the playcall other than simple haterism.

Hate all ya like. But at least have the decency to admit that's what you're doing.

I hate Mike Vick. He Sux. (See. It isn't even hard to do)

Don't you know. Everything that happens between the lines is a direct result of the coaching. Why we even have real players at this point is beyond me. It should all be hypothetical results based on play calling. In fact, to avoid this whole concussion issue, I think coaches should write their play calls down on paper. An unbiased official will evaluate the play call and determine the appropriate result.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 04:04 PM) *
I think coaches should write their play calls down on paper. An unbiased official will evaluate the play call and determine the appropriate result.

Add timeout/challenge decisions to that, and I think you're on to something. Who knows, we may actually get a ring.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 01:13 PM) *
The game film would indicate the play calling isn't the problem.

But surely calling all the deep routes is Reid and Marty's fault. It isn't their fault the players can't execute but it is their fault they keep dialing up those plays.

Those play calls in OT were the worst calls I have ever seen. I'm not one to criticize play calling but the play calling this year has been horrific.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 20 2012, 06:02 PM) *
It isn't their fault the players can't execute but it is their fault they keep dialing up those plays.

Unbelievable. KAL officially gets it. I'd love to see the video breakdown of Shady missing his gaps 20 times a game - why is there only video of Vick not executing? Odd.

Will the last remaining Reid apologists please surrender?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 20 2012, 05:02 PM) *
But surely calling all the deep routes is Reid and Marty's fault. It isn't their fault the players can't execute but it is their fault they keep dialing up those plays.

Those play calls in OT were the worst calls I have ever seen. I'm not one to criticize play calling but the play calling this year has been horrific.

We aren't only missing on deep plays. Additionally, it's not as though all of our routes are deep. There may be a deep option, but there also also other options.
I agree that the play calling in OT was flawed, but Vick has to recognize when nothing is there and get rid of the ball.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 10:09 PM) *
I agree that the play calling in OT was flawed

Andy might be fat enough, but likely not athletic enough to make that block for Herremins, but if he could, the 1st dwn play call would have worked.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 01:11 PM) *
No. Says the game film. You should take a look.
While I agree that Marty is a prime candidate to get chopped, the alternative is having Reid calling plays, which I'm certain you don't want. It also is difficult for a HC to manage OC responsibilities while serving as the HC. Reid taking over play calling would seem like the obvious move if he is looking for scapegoats and trying to take control of his own fate.
Bowles was hired as a backup plan if Castillo didn't work. We don't have that plan at OC.

Forgive my ignorance, but if Reid isn't overseeing the offensive play calling nor the defensive play calling nor the special teams and the team looks unprepared at the start of games and if he doesn't oversee the game adjustments on offense, defense or special teams.....what the hell is he doing?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2012, 06:09 PM) *
Forgive my ignorance, but if Reid isn't overseeing the offensive play calling nor the defensive play calling nor the special teams and the team looks unprepared at the start of games and if he doesn't oversee the game adjustments on offense, defense or special teams.....what the hell is he doing?

Who said he isn't overseeing these things? That is different than calling the actual plays. I imagine he's intregal in putting the gameplan together. Finding weaknesses in the other team, etc.
I'd say that overseeing is exactly what his role consists of.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 20 2012, 06:56 PM) *
Andy might be fat enough, but likely not athletic enough to make that block for Herremins, but if he could, the 1st dwn play call would have worked.

it is not whether the particular play would have worked.....much like the idiocy of changing your defensive scheme when the current one was shutting down the best WR on the planet the idea that your deep drop play calling which was so unsuccessful in the first half was the way to start OT is moronic. The 3 step drop was far more effective in the 2nd half, you are deep in your own territory, your OL has made your running game worthless, the first task should have been first downs.....just move the ball.....it was one of the single dumbest pair of scheme adjustments I have ever seen and it was in the same game.....brutal.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 07:58 PM) *
Who said he isn't overseeing these things? That is different than calling the actual plays. I imagine he's intregal in putting the gameplan together. Finding weaknesses in the other team, etc.
I'd say that overseeing is exactly what his role consists of.

if that's the case he is as guilty as the people making the calls. what good is overseeing "things" if you don't stop the f*ck-ups? I'm not just talking about missing blocks or running the wrong routes. I'm talking about changing schemes late in a game or not changing schemes to benefit your personnel.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2012, 07:48 PM) *
if that's the case he is as guilty as the people making the calls. what good is overseeing "things" if you don't stop the f*ck-ups? I'm not just talking about missing blocks or running the wrong routes. I'm talking about changing schemes late in a game or not changing schemes to benefit your personnel.

Maybe he's not a micro manager? I don't know man. Most people seem to think Castillo was responsible for how thing played out at the end of the game Sunday. Reid isn't getting fired mid-season, so he made a change he thinks may benefit the team moving forward. It would appear Bowles was brought in for that very purpose.
Maybe after the bye, Reid will come out as the definitive playcaller. We haven't been very good but we are still in contention ad he's making moves he hopes will make us better. If he's wrong, you'll likely get your wish. What is the point in making such a fuss over something that absolutely isn't going to happen? You're wasting your breath...so to speak.
Eyrie
As head coach of course Reid shouldn't be micro-managing individual plays.

But what he should be doing is watching what is happening and saying to Castillo "Go back to what we did for three quarters" and to Morningweg "Keep it short and quick".

What we have at present is a clusterfuck of coaches calling plays that are beyond the ability of our players to execute and of players failing to execute those plays that are within their abilities. Reid has to sort both out, and it's easier for him to do the former, then hope that the latter fixes itself by being under less pressure to compensate for the former.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 21 2012, 06:02 AM) *
As head coach of course Reid shouldn't be micro-managing individual plays.

But what he should be doing is watching what is happening and saying to Castillo "Go back to what we did for three quarters" and to Morningweg "Keep it short and quick".

What we have at present is a clusterfuck of coaches calling plays that are beyond the ability of our players to execute and of players failing to execute those plays that are within their abilities. Reid has to sort both out, and it's easier for him to do the former, then hope that the latter fixes itself by being under less pressure to compensate for the former.

welcome to the nfl........,most successful coaches delegate the coaching of the 3 phases to the coordinators....when those decisions are made late in the game it is hard to call him out....there is little time when it happens late......
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Maybe he's not a micro manager? I don't know man. Most people seem to think Castillo was responsible for how thing played out at the end of the game Sunday. Reid isn't getting fired mid-season, so he made a change he thinks may benefit the team moving forward. It would appear Bowles was brought in for that very purpose.
Maybe after the bye, Reid will come out as the definitive playcaller. We haven't been very good but we are still in contention ad he's making moves he hopes will make us better. If he's wrong, you'll likely get your wish. What is the point in making such a fuss over something that absolutely isn't going to happen? You're wasting your breath...so to speak.

More and more every year I think JJ was the only thing that ever held this team together. We've continued to be competitive under Reid but significantly less so in the playoffs obviously.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 21 2012, 11:24 AM) *
More and more every year I think JJ was the only thing that ever held this team together. We've continued to be competitive under Reid but significantly less so in the playoffs obviously.

We certainly haven't been able to count on a DC since he left. Hopefully Bowles can change that, because the general scheme we have in place seems solid.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 21 2012, 12:24 PM) *

now that is funny.......in 13 seasons under Reid the Eagles have had 4 season at or under .500 and Johnson was on board for 3 of them and for the only 2 losing season they have had.........and while we have all seen this mess the simple truth is that in 3 years without him(I have not included this season for any of this) we are a combined 29-19 although you would never know it listening to the tenor of most posts here............and we have had 2 post season games without him....one was a blow out....but the other was not on the D.....more and more I think it is not what you really think....I think it is obvious that you dislike Reid and you will give him no credit for anything he has done here if you can possibly avoid it and regard anyone who has any respect for the guy to be an acolyte for him.......but that is just what I think......I have history on my side and you have.....well that Reid poster with darts in it........did he bang your girlfriend?.....
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 21 2012, 10:36 PM) *
now that is funny.......in 13 seasons under Reid the Eagles have had 4 season at or under .500 and Johnson was on board for 3 of them and for the only 2 losing season they have had.........and while we have all seen this mess the simple truth is that in 3 years without him(I have not included this season for any of this) we are a combined 29-19 although you would never know it listening to the tenor of most posts here............and we have had 2 post season games without him....one was a blow out....but the other was not on the D.....more and more I think it is not what you really think....I think it is obvious that you dislike Reid and you will give him no credit for anything he has done here if you can possibly avoid it and regard anyone who has any respect for the guy to be an acolyte for him.......but that is just what I think......I have history on my side and you have.....well that Reid poster with darts in it........did he bang your girlfriend?.....

laugh.gif
MistahNickells
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 21 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Hell 2 Da' Nawl!!!!! laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 21 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Ok, try not down a 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade next time you make a post - it causes you to ramble incoherently, searching for an intelligent thought in vain.

I understand all Reid apologists have to resort to meaningless regular season stats in order to make up for the fact that he's incapable of beating good teams consistently, and thus winning a ring. Nobody denies the thril of winning in the neighborhood of 10 regular season games a year, before inevitably losing in the playoffs to a good team - but what I clearly stated was that JJ seems to be what allowed us to compete against good teams in the playoffs, not against shitty teams in the regular season. While a couple morons here like to say Andy Reid hid McNabb's flaws, the reality is the JJ his Andy Reid's flaws - the FACT is that we haven't won a playoff game since he's been gone.

The FACT is that just a week and a half ago you and DRock were performing fellatio on each other for Castillo's defense giving up 16 or 17 points to Pitt, even though we lost and the D gave up the lead (much like the psychology between not recognizing regular season winning pct. vs. actual success) - and now that's he's been fired (for both being in way over his head and to shift blame away from the walrus), you people are going absolutely apeshit. Look, if I was wrong about everything all the time like you, I'd be in a pissy mood too - just admit that he should go, you can't deny it anymore.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 22 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Ok, try not down a 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade next time you make a post - it causes you to ramble incoherently, searching for an intelligent thought in vain.

I understand all Reid apologists have to resort to meaningless regular season stats in order to make up for the fact that he's incapable of beating good teams consistently, and thus winning a ring. Nobody denies the thril of winning in the neighborhood of 10 regular season games a year, before inevitably losing in the playoffs to a good team - but what I clearly stated was that JJ seems to be what allowed us to compete against good teams in the playoffs, not against shitty teams in the regular season. While a couple morons here like to say Andy Reid hid McNabb's flaws, the reality is the JJ his Andy Reid's flaws - the FACT is that we haven't won a playoff game since he's been gone.

The FACT is that just a week and a half ago you and DRock were performing fellatio on each other for Castillo's defense giving up 16 or 17 points to Pitt, even though we lost and the D gave up the lead (much like the psychology between not recognizing regular season winning pct. vs. actual success) - and now that's he's been fired (for both being in way over his head and to shift blame away from the walrus), you people are going absolutely apeshit. Look, if I was wrong about everything all the time like you, I'd be in a pissy mood too - just admit that he should go, you can't deny it anymore.

you crack me up.....you didn't disappoint with your "Reid apologist' stupidity.........I have no problem with anyone criticizing him but answer me this...if he has made his bones beating "bad" teams why have so few coaches done the same or did he coach in an alternate universe where other coaches did not face the same teams? Do you see how stupid that is? He has plenty of flaws and I have often criticized him for that but for tools like you facts presented that don't fit your "I hate Reid and he has always sucked" mentality are dismissed as wrong....I pointed out that JJ was the DC for the 2 losing saesons that the Eagles have had and you dismiss it because it riddles your point....but it is a fact....another fact...in the 2 playoff games that JJ was not here for one was a blowout and one was a low scoring close game so the D was not exactly blown off the field.....again....not your best moment and for the record...because someone does not agree with you does not make the point incoherent, it means your reading comprehension drops to zero when disagreed with.

As for Castillo..I have merely pointed out that statistically he has performed well....better than Spags did his first regular season and certainly this year...that being said decisions like changing a scheme that was working for no reason was horrible and apparently this was a common thread last year also......it does not absolve offensive failures and I have called for Marty's head as well.....I have also often said that I have no problem if Reid is fired after the season if he does not do well this year...unlike you I look at the big picture, you just want Reid's head with an unhealthy vigor bordering on the insane and you acknowledge nothing he has done in his career here...that is idiocy.....like I said, maybe you hit on him and he said no or you walked in on him with your girl...I don't know....but you certainly have an issue with him that robs you of all common sense.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 22 2012, 07:32 PM) *
you crack me up.....you didn't disappoint with your "Reid apologist' stupidity.........I have no problem with anyone criticizing him but answer me this...if he has made his bones beating "bad" teams why have so few coaches done the same or did he coach in an alternate universe where other coaches did not face the same teams? Do you see how stupid that is? He has plenty of flaws and I have often criticized him for that but for tools like you facts presented that don't fit your "I hate Reid and he has always sucked" mentality are dismissed as wrong....I pointed out that JJ was the DC for the 2 losing saesons that the Eagles have had and you dismiss it because it riddles your point....but it is a fact....another fact...in the 2 playoff games that JJ was not here for one was a blowout and one was a low scoring close game so the D was not exactly blown off the field.....again....not your best moment and for the record...because someone does not agree with you does not make the point incoherent, it means your reading comprehension drops to zero when disagreed with.

As for Castillo..I have merely pointed out that statistically he has performed well....better than Spags did his first regular season and certainly this year...that being said decisions like changing a scheme that was working for no reason was horrible and apparently this was a common thread last year also......it does not absolve offensive failures and I have called for Marty's head as well.....I have also often said that I have no problem if Reid is fired after the season if he does not do well this year...unlike you I look at the big picture, you just want Reid's head with an unhealthy vigor bordering on the insane and you acknowledge nothing he has done in his career here...that is idiocy.....like I said, maybe you hit on him and he said no or you walked in on him with your girl...I don't know....but you certainly have an issue with him that robs you of all common sense.....

laugh.gif

Do you order Mike's Hard Lemonade by the case? Go lie down.....
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 23 2012, 05:45 AM) *
laugh.gif

Do you order Mike's Hard Lemonade by the case? Go lie down.....

laugh.gif

The rhetorical last gasp of an outmatched and beaten foe. Predictable? Yes. Surprising? No.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 23 2012, 06:08 PM) *
The rhetorical last gasp of an outmatched and beaten foe

I just wanted to see if I could get him to go into a full PMS-driven rant, and it worked.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 23 2012, 06:30 PM) *
I just wanted to see if I could get him to go into a full PMS-driven rant, and it worked.

hardly a rant...simple facts...nothing to get excited over......one way or the other....but a cute surrender for you.....and polite...as it should be
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.