Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is everything so black and white with us?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pbfan
I think people need to embrace the idea of mediocrity. It may not be appealing to think that our eagles are just a so-so team, but saying these guys suck, or even wishing ill will against them is extreme. And it clouds the judgement when it comes to what to do going forward.
xsv
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Oct 18 2012, 08:43 AM) *
And it clouds the judgement when it comes to what to do going forward.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about that as we won't be doing anything. We just cheer or boo.

HobbEs
We just cheer or boo.

And spend our money on tickets, jerseys, tee shirts, etc.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I think people need to embrace the idea of mediocrity.

Don't be silly.

HOUSEoPAIN
I think people need to embrace the idea of mediocrity

An Obama voter, eh?

laugh.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 18 2012, 02:18 PM) *
And spend our money on tickets, jerseys, tee shirts, etc.

Not this guy. I haven't yet been to the linc (live 3000 miles away) and have not bought so much as a bumper sticker since I got my Mac5 bobble head from a McD's in 2001 (long since blown to bits via 12 guage bird shot). Other than their portion of my money that goes to NFL Sunday ticket, I've not given them a dime.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 18 2012, 04:24 PM) *
An Obama voter, eh?

laugh.gif

He must be. He managed to author a grammatically proper sentence and not drool at the same time.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 18 2012, 11:28 AM) *
He must be. He managed to author a grammatically proper sentence and not drool at the same time.

And you followed up with a 5 syllable word! Cheers!
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 18 2012, 04:33 PM) *
And you followed up with a 5 syllable word! Cheers!

cheers.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Oct 18 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I think people need to embrace the idea of mediocrity. It may not be appealing to think that our eagles are just a so-so team, but saying these guys suck, or even wishing ill will against them is extreme. And it clouds the judgement when it comes to what to do going forward.

The whole point of football is to win a SuperBowl. We can't do that by embracing mediocrity which is why both Reid and Vick will be gone in January.
Pbfan
Most definitely not an Obama supporter, lol. Im not saying we should be ok with mediocrity, just that be aware this team isn't shit. I think they aren't far off from the giants last season.
Birdman420
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 18 2012, 11:24 AM) *
An Obama voter, eh?

laugh.gif

Since when is supporting someone that came from nothing and becoming the president of the United States a dumb thing to do?

The smart thing to do is vote for the guy who's religion involves the planet kolabb and magical underwear, thats not dumb at all is it?

Dr. Claw

I've taken some time away from it (ok, I lied. I read Sheil Kapadia @ Phillymag and some others), and came to the same conclusion.

the Eagles could be in a worse spot. as McNabbulous has pointed out, the Eagles have been 3-3 going into a bye before, looked like ass crack before that, and somehow exceeded expectations. They could do it again this year.

but IMO, if this team doesn't do it all this year, I'd really like to start anew. Especially if the team's record is 8-8, 9-7. I'd rather have a new set of reasons why the Eagles lose.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Oct 18 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Since when is supporting someone that came from nothing and becoming the president of the United States a dumb thing to do?

The smart thing to do is vote for the guy who's religion involves the planet kolabb and magical underwear, thats not dumb at all is it?

not the forum for it but if you think he came from "nothing"...well.....then the kool-aid has accomplished its purpose.....neither guy has has a disadvantaged upbringing......don't confuse either with coming from poor beginnings....Romney came from money but his opponent did not come from a poor background

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 18 2012, 11:28 AM) *

ugh.... California has taken its toll on you.......lol
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Oct 18 2012, 09:30 PM) *

Honestly, you people are deranged.
mcnabbulous
Let's move this thread where it belongs. I wouldn't want it to be on the front page in a few weeks when the Republicans want to deny they ever supported Romney.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.