Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Castillo out... Bowles in
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
BirdsWinBaby
Good goin Andy...only took 22 games of mediocrity

I remember saying at the time of the ridiculous hiring of Juan that Bowles actually having experience as a DC Means he was a better choice
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Oct 16 2012, 09:52 AM) *
Good goin Andy...only took 22 games of mediocrity

I remember saying at the time of the ridiculous hiring of Juan that Bowles actually having experience as a DC Means he was a better choice

I don't like this decision. If they fire anyone, Marty needed to go. Juan took the fall for what?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 16 2012, 09:54 AM) *
I don't like this decision. If they fire anyone, Marty needed to go. Juan took the fall for what?

Because players were never truly on board from the start. Seriously how could they be. Once the Supa-DL's sacks are (ostensibly) being neutered by scheme Juan is an easy scapegoat to get the players back on board
xsv

No sacks in 3 consecutive games. Defense gave up the lead late in the 4th in all of our loses.

I think Reid should be held more accountable, but it isn't like Juan was doing a great job either.
koolaidluke

Thank you.

Marty is the guy who should be going. Reid stuck with McDipshit for two full seasons of garbage. Juan cleaned up Sean's mess.

There was room for improvement on the D but it was one that Juan had successfully rebuilt.

Insanity and reaks of desperation. I think maybe the FO just preferred Bowles and forced Andy's hand.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
HC's are supposed to put players in positions to be able to make plays or win.

Our HC put Juan in a position to FAIL. Andy's decision , Juan pays the price.

Andy is dealing with too much personal tragedy at home. I can't imagine what life is like for his wife. But unfortunately in his job he is continuing to fail and he has to go.
The time for a change is WAAAAAAY past.

I'm sure Andy will do as much as he can to help Juan find his next situation as OC. That's the role he is best fitted for and he deserves to be something other than a casuralty of someone else's mistakes.

When you step back and take a look at this picture it becomes clear that Lurie too is failing. He is failing to take the appropriate action and to shake this thing up. I only hope the reason is because the guy(s) who will next coach and coordinate this team are not yet identified. But I sure hope the scouts are out there looking in the haystack.

What a pathetic mess.
JeeQ
The first sacrifice to take the blame off of Andy is complete. Thank goodness there's always someone who can be fired instead of the head coach. Three different defensive coordinators in the three seasons since JJ passed. We'll just casually ignore the fact it was completely Andy Reid's idea to put Juan into this position in the first place. If I could sum up Andy's entire thought process in one picture...

Just keep trying to make it fit Andy, and when it doesn't you can always throw the square peg away
HobbEs
Brilliant move. Out of the offense, defense and special teams the defensive unit was playing the best. Most, if not all of our problems stem from the offensive side of the ball (and Andy himself)...but hey, let's fire the defensive coordinator.
TGryn
Have to think the move to put DRC on Megatron in the 4th after Nnambi had handled him pretty well all game factored into this. That's a case where the in-game adjustments hurt us.

I personally think Washburn, Mudd, and April should also be called to account for their units' lack of production, considering they're all supposedly "super-coaches," but have to start somewhere.
GQSmooth
I didn't agree with Juan's hiring in the beginning but he definitely got better. This move just indicates how desperate and how thin a thread Andy is hanging. The guy I felt really needs to be relieved of some of his duties is Marty. Better play calling in Arizona and against Detroit and the team wins. Juan has been the least of the team's problems this year.
JeeQ
QUOTE (TGryn @ Oct 16 2012, 08:06 AM) *
Have to think the move to put DRC on Megatron in the 4th after Nnambi had handled him pretty well all game factored into this. That's a case where the in-game adjustments hurt us.

I personally think Washburn, Mudd, and April should also be called to account for their units' lack of production, considering they're all supposedly "super-coaches," but have to start somewhere.

All three of those coaches haven't amounted to anything other then a pile of shit this season

O-Line = Atrocious (but a small pass due to injuries)
D-Line = Record-Setting Terrible
Special Teams = Completely Non-Existent
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 16 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Brilliant move. Out of the offense, defense and special teams the defensive unit was playing the best. Most, if not all of our problems stem from the offensive side of the ball (and Andy himself)...but hey, let's fire the defensive coordinator.

Pts/game allowed- 13th

Pts/game scored-31st

This was not about fixing the biggest problem. (although Juan was one of our issues) This was a move AR could afford to make because Bowles was on staff so bye-bye Juan. It's a convenient way to 'shake things up'
mcnabbulous
While I think we have bigger issues than Castillo, moving away from what worked all game in the 4th quarter made absolutely no sense.

Right now, our offense is the much bigger problem though.
koolaidluke
The DL is one of the best pass rushing units in the league and it isn't like it is getting gnashed against the run either. Just cause they aren't getting a ton of sacks doesn't mean they aren't pressuring the QB.
xsv
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 16 2012, 01:24 PM) *
The DL is one of the best pass rushing units in the league and it isn't like it is getting gnashed against the run either. Just cause they aren't getting a ton of sacks doesn't mean they aren't pressuring the QB.

Pressure is not the same as a sack. When you have a sack you also have pressure, but when you have pressure you don't necessarily have a sack. Just cause they aren't getting a ton of sacks doesn't mean they are pressuring the QB. Not getting pressure on the QB means that they are not getting pressure on the QB. Getting pressure on the QB is when one of the defensive lineman get close to tackling the QB when the QB still has the ball. Normally when the offensive team is going to pass the ball, the qb will have the ball in the offensive backfield for at least a few seconds, giving the defensive line a short amount of time to try to get to and tackle the qb before he makes the throw. If one of he players on the defensive player get close to tackling the qb before he throws the ball it's called pressuring the qb. If the defensive player actually tackles the qb before the qb throws the ball it's called a sack.

Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 16 2012, 01:24 PM) *

Right but they aren't getting any sacks OR pressure at this point.
Phits
edit - misread the statistic

QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 16 2012, 01:54 PM) *
Pressure is not the same as a sack. When you have a sack you also have pressure, but when you have pressure you don't necessarily have a sack. Just cause they aren't getting a ton of sacks doesn't mean they are pressuring the QB. Not getting pressure on the QB means that they are not getting pressure on the QB. Getting pressure on the QB is when one of the defensive lineman get close to tackling the QB when the QB still has the ball. Normally when the offensive team is going to pass the ball, the qb will have the ball in the offensive backfield for at least a few seconds, giving the defensive line a short amount of time to try to get to and tackle the qb before he makes the throw. If one of he players on the defensive player get close to tackling the qb before he throws the ball it's called pressuring the qb. If the defensive player actually tackles the qb before the qb throws the ball it's called a sack.
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 16 2012, 03:02 PM) *
A good example of KAL's point is the Gnats. They have the best DL in the league, yet they ONLY have 5 sacks for the season. That puts them dead last in the league. 1 sack above Houston, which has 6.

The joke is just not as funny when you have to spell it out.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 16 2012, 03:06 PM) *
The joke is just not as funny when you have to spell it out.

especially when the reference is based on inaccurate information. I should have known better.
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 16 2012, 03:08 PM) *
especially when the reference is based on inaccurate information. I should have known better.

You've probably never seen the tv show I referenced, so I shouldn't expect to get a laugh form you. :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.