Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, my fellow Eagles fans . . .
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
md717
We could have given away a 24 point lead by allowing 3 interceptions in just a few minutes of the 4th quarter.

Sucks to be a SD fan tonight, I'm sure. Suppose they're calling for Norv's and Philips' heads?
Dreagon
I think a lot of Chargers fans have been wanting Norv Turners head for a while.
mcnabbulous
I actually think he's more despised than Reid
Phits
Maybe when Andy gets fired he can go to SD....perfect fit.
make_it_rain
lol. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching that meltdown. They're sitting there with a 3-3 team and already had games against good opponents (Atlanta) blacked out. Pathetic.

It could definitely be much worse though. I mean, think of the Browns. For example, it's pretty common to find some "on the bright side..." logic with this team (eagles). After these disaster games like the detroit game, , someone (mcnabbulous maybe?) mentioned something like how they've always made the playoffs when they're at least .500 at the bye.

Regardless of what you think about that statistic, it just makes you wonder what kind of glass half full logic browns fans have to claw at, if any:

"Bro, last time this team had at least one win heading into the bye we won six games"

Gotta give credit to the browns fans. They always hang in there, year after year of disappointment.
JeeQ
The Football Gods Love Andy Reid. No matter what he does, there's always someone out there who can out-Andy Reid, Andy Reid. You all know we're ending Atlanta's undefeated streak, right? Giants will go 0-2 against divisional rivals and we'll sit on top of the division again.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 16 2012, 12:24 AM) *
The Football Gods Love Andy Reid. No matter what he does, there's always someone out there who can out-Andy Reid, Andy Reid.

Maybe it's because all coaches are just like Andy Reid? I mean, the Patriots did have 13 point lead with 9 minutes to go on Sunday. And their coach is the defensive genius! On a third and 8 with less than 3 minutes in the game, they threw an incomplete pass!!! Oh the hysteria.
Reid is as good as any coach in this league. And sometimes as bad.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 15 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Maybe when Andy gets fired he can go to SD....perfect fit.

I think the Chargers plan is to hold on to Norv Turner until the SD fans simply stop showing up out of sheer loathing and bitterness, then hire somebody like Reid when they move to LA.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 16 2012, 08:31 AM) *
I think the Chargers plan is to hold on to Norv Turner until the SD fans simply stop showing up out of sheer loathing and bitterness, then hire somebody like Reid when they move to LA.

I could actually see that happening, SD hiring Reid after this year. Ryan Matthews will see his fantasy value plummet, but at least San Diego will get back to double-digit wins and above-average futility.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 16 2012, 01:24 AM) *
The Football Gods Love Andy Reid. No matter what he does, there's always someone out there who can out-Andy Reid, Andy Reid. You all know we're ending Atlanta's undefeated streak, right? Giants will go 0-2 against divisional rivals and we'll sit on top of the division again.

I've long said that the Chargers were the West Coast Eagles, and Norv was like a worse version of Andy.

Philip Rivers has long been a good QB, but now he looks like trash on that team...
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 16 2012, 04:42 AM) *
I actually think he's more despised than Reid

And rightly so.
D Rock
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 16 2012, 05:50 AM) *
lol. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching that meltdown. They're sitting there with a 3-3 team and already had games against good opponents (Atlanta) blacked out. Pathetic.

It could definitely be much worse though. I mean, think of the Browns. For example, it's pretty common to find some "on the bright side..." logic with this team (eagles). After these disaster games like the detroit game, , someone (mcnabbulous maybe?) mentioned something like how they've always made the playoffs when they're at least .500 at the bye.

Regardless of what you think about that statistic, it just makes you wonder what kind of glass half full logic browns fans have to claw at, if any:

"Bro, last time this team had at least one win heading into the bye we won six games"

Gotta give credit to the browns fans. They always hang in there, year after year of disappointment.

Totally. And their team is in Baltimore. That piece of garbage they call the browns today would stink in the NCAAs.
downundermike
QUOTE (md717 @ Oct 15 2012, 08:37 PM) *
We could have given away a 24 point lead by allowing 3 interceptions in just a few minutes of the 4th quarter.

Sucks to be a SD fan tonight, I'm sure. Suppose they're calling for Norv's and Philips' heads?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Phillip Rivers might be my second least favorite player in the NFL.
md717
QUOTE (downundermike @ Oct 16 2012, 06:57 PM) *
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Phillip Rivers might be my second least favorite player in the NFL.
Who's the first?
downundermike
QUOTE (md717 @ Oct 16 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Who's the first?

Romo
md717
QUOTE (downundermike @ Oct 16 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Romo
Ah. I gotta go with shEli for the following reasons:

1) He's a Manning.

2) He's a pussy.

3) He's a VaGiant. (See #2)

4) That douchebag move he pulled the day he was drafted. Unforgiveable.
downundermike
QUOTE (md717 @ Oct 16 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Ah. I gotta go with shEli for the following reasons:

1) He's a Manning.

2) He's a pussy.

3) He's a VaGiant. (See #2)

4) That douchebag move he pulled the day he was drafted. Unforgiveable.

besides winning superbowls he doesnt bother me.

I actually like Peyton purely for his footbal IQ. If Mike Vick was half that smart we would be superbowl champs by now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.