Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Facts/Figures
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
For the 4th consecutive game, the Birds arrived at the 2 minute warning in the 1st half with ZERO points

The Birds are 0 for 3 in OT games at The Linc

It has been 8 years since the Birds won a regular-season overtime game (10/24/04)

Itís been 29 years since the Birds went 3 consecutive games without a sack (TWENTY FUCKING NINE!!!)

The Birds havenít registered a sack in 202 minutes and 57 seconds (that covers 13 quarters and 4 minutes of an OT period)

Having fun yet? Thereís more.

The Birds have scored 10 touchdowns in 6 games; 5 of them in the last 4 games

Shadyís 22 rushing yards yesterday were the fewest of his career in which he had at least 7 carries

The Birds have yet to score on their 1st possession this season, and have scored just once on their 2nd possession

In 6 games, the Birds have scored just 7 points in the 1st quarter

In the last 5 games, the Birds have converted just 6 of 17 red-zone opportunities (35.3 percent)

I could go on, but I am sure you are having just way too much fun already.
HOUSEoPAIN
Have I ever mentioned that we're 10-1 when McCoy has 20+ carries?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 15 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Are you sure you're not zed? Did you just change your screen name?
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 15 2012, 05:19 PM) *

It's almost like when Vick doesn't have to contribute 99% of the offense and we're balanced, there's less mistakes, less turnovers, and we win more. But then again those are statistical and factual numbers and Andy Reid is so smart, he's going to outsmart mathematics.

Week One: 20 Carries For McCoy - WIN
Week Two: 25 Carries For McCoy - WIN

Week Three: 13 Carries For McCoy - LOSS
Week Four: 23 Carries For McCoy - WIN
Week Five: 16 Carries For McCoy - LOSS
Week Six: 14 Carries For McCoy - LOSS

Hold on... I think... I may see a pattern... so you're saying, if we give the ball to the best player on our team more often, we win more often?
D Rock
Vick Sux.

xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 15 2012, 08:19 PM) *

How many of those game did the majority of carries come in the second half of a game in which we were up by at least 2 scores? And from how long ago?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 16 2012, 07:43 AM) *
How many of those game did the majority of carries come in the second half of a game in which we were up by at least 2 scores? And from how long ago?

Probably a couple - in case you haven't noticed, we don't run the ball to close out games, and we often let teams hang around. The 3 times he's gotten 20 carries this year, we did so to regain the lead late.

Regardless, numbers don't lie - when you have a 2,000 yard back, and a turnover machine at QB, you should probably run it a bit more than 10 times a game.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 16 2012, 09:02 AM) *
Probably a couple - in case you haven't noticed, we don't run the ball to close out games, and we often let teams hang around. The 3 times he's gotten 20 carries this year, we did so to regain the lead late.

Regardless, numbers don't lie - when you have a 2,000 yard back, and a turnover machine at QB, you should probably run it a bit more than 10 times a game.

Completely agree with running more. I felt like we tried to run this last game, especially in the first half, and we weren't able to find any room, so we gave up. But we only tried two variations of the run. Seems like this coaching staff just has no imagination when it comes to the run game.
Rick
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 16 2012, 11:03 AM) *
Completely agree with running more. I felt like we tried to run this last game, especially in the first half, and we weren't able to find any room, so we gave up. But we only tried two variations of the run. Seems like this coaching staff just has no imagination when it comes to the run game.

Again, they didn't try to run more. How many rushing plays did they run in their first (3 and out) series? McCoy barely touched the ball all game much less in the first half. Reid's idea of trying to run the ball is to hand it off once and call it a day.

But I agree the rushing plays--when they actually did call them--just plain sucked.
xsv
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 16 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Again, they didn't try to run more. How many rushing plays did they run in their first (3 and out) series? McCoy barely touched the ball all game much less in the first half. Reid's idea of trying to run the ball is to hand it off once and call it a day.

But I agree the rushing plays--when they actually did call them--just plain sucked.

Jeeze. I just went back to look at the play by play, and you're right. They didn't run much in the first half.

Pass
run
pass penalty
pass
punt

pass
run
pass
punt

pass
qb draw
fumble - qb recovered (looked like was going to be a pass)
pass
pass
pass -fumble

run
pass
pass punt

pass
pass
run
run
pass - int

pass
run
pass
pass
run
pass
pass
run
pass - TD

downundermike
Sure is a good thing to have a quality back up in Bryce Brown......Shady sure needs a blow from time to time with all these carries he is getting wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 15 2012, 08:38 PM) *
It's almost like when Vick doesn't have to contribute 99% of the offense and we're balanced, there's less mistakes, less turnovers, and we win more. But then again those are statistical and factual numbers and Andy Reid is so smart, he's going to outsmart mathematics.

Week One: 20 Carries For McCoy - WIN
Week Two: 25 Carries For McCoy - WIN

Week Three: 13 Carries For McCoy - LOSS
Week Four: 23 Carries For McCoy - WIN
Week Five: 16 Carries For McCoy - LOSS
Week Six: 14 Carries For McCoy - LOSS

Hold on... I think... I may see a pattern... so you're saying, if we give the ball to the best player on our team more often, we win more often?

while I generally agree with this X has a good point about when the carries occur. That being said there was no way McCoy running more would have changed anything.....they stacked the line repeatedly and the only thing working was the quick hitter with a 3 step drop which got them the lead so it only made sense for Marty to ignore that success and revert to the early game plan so they could lose. I have never seen a team make an adjustment on offense and have it be successful and then adjust back to what didn't work or a team have a successful defensive plan that is working make an adjustment just for the hell of it and lose the game........that was the final Castillo straw.....m guess is Nhamdi was not the only guy to speak up, just the only one to do it in public.....now if they fire Marty I will jump for joy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.