Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The only good news
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Reid has never missed the playoffs when making it to the bye week at .500

History says we should get significantly better. We shall see.
GQSmooth
Sorry but we've seen this before, nothing short of a SB victory will convince me Reid needs to stick around. That loss yesterday was on the coaches. Can't even try to win on the ground with 10 point lead and 5 minutes left?? He coached as if he was coaching in the WAC
CT_Eagle
I prey to god this team goes on a 2nd half surge. Otherwise I am going to be a miserable prick if I am subjected to this level of play for the remainder of the season.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 15 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Sorry but we've seen this before, nothing short of a SB victory will convince me Reid needs to stick around.

Yup.

More and more people are realizing this every week, it's just the same old shit.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 15 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Sorry but we've seen this before, nothing short of a SB victory will convince me Reid needs to stick around. That loss yesterday was on the coaches. Can't even try to win on the ground with 10 point lead and 5 minutes left?? He coached as if he was coaching in the WAC

What does this have to do with pre/post bye week success? My only point is that when we've made it to the bye week at .500 or above, we've made the playoffs.
As for not running, with a 10 point lead, I don't think we were in a position to do so. Didn't Detroit respond with a TD when we got a 10 point lead, meaning that our lead when we had the ball was only 3 points?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2012, 11:46 AM) *
What does this have to do with pre/post bye week success? My only point is that when we've made it to the bye week at .500 or above, we've made the playoffs.
As for not running, with a 10 point lead, I don't think we were in a position to do so. Didn't Detroit respond with a TD when we got a 10 point lead, meaning that our lead when we had the ball was only 3 points?

At least we had all 3 of our timeouts.
make_it_rain
Sweet, now we can finish 10-6, bow out in the first round and get the whole gang back together for next season!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 15 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Sweet, now we can finish 10-6, bow out in the first round and get the whole gang back together for next season!

jumpclap.gif

It's like the movie Groundhog Day, except without humor.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 15 2012, 01:26 PM) *

Vick is gone after this season, he's not getting paid. That was a Howie special, geared for the future "business interests" of the Eagles... I just hope Andy and Friends are part of this. It's time.
GQSmooth
What the hell have we seen to make you think the after-bye success will continue?? Were facing an undefeated team with a coaching staff that is clearly smarter than our own, the only way our team wins is if it plays up to the talent level.
Phits
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 15 2012, 01:58 PM) *
What the hell have we seen to make you think the after-bye success will continue?? Were facing an undefeated team with a coaching staff that is clearly smarter than our own, the only way our team wins is if it plays up to the talent level.

stranger things have happened. for example, we finished yesterday's game with all of our time-outs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.