Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else see Cris Carter tee off on Vick last night?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Said that a big part of the problem is that he doesn't think Vick is 'intellectually capable' of playing any better, saying that he can't read a defense or recognize a blitz. He said that after 10 years in the NFL Vick should never see a defense he hasn't seen before, and that he's not sure he's capable of being a good qb in the NFL.

Wow, I've called Vick inaccurate and carefree with the football, but I never called him stupid.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 15 2012, 09:30 AM) *
Said that a big part of the problem is that he doesn't think Vick is 'intellectually capable' of playing any better, saying that he can't read a defense or recognize a blitz. He said that after 10 years in the NFL Vick should never see a defense he hasn't seen before, and that he's not sure he's capable of being a good qb in the NFL.

Wow, I've called Vick inaccurate and carefree with the football, but I never called him stupid.

not to mention this is inaccurate, if we're going by the last couple of games. Vick actually was doing decently against the blitz, but the O-Line has been letting him down. When I hear this kind of BS parroted, I just automatically think "myth".

The worst I can say about Vick is that he turns the ball over too much. Basically the same as you. With time, he is a rather accurate passer, but under duress, he either gets too scared with the ball or (as he has done this season) Favres it into traffic.

Chris went full "Uncle Ruckus" on Vick. It's uncalled for, and disappointing to say the least.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 15 2012, 02:04 PM) *
The worst I can say about Vick is that he turns the ball over too much.

Oh, is that all? That's pretty much the worse thing anyone could say about any quarterback. You turn the ball over, you suck. (Period).

Even the "greatest fraud in nfl history" didn't turn the phuquing ball over.

I'd gladly exchange turn overs for worm burners any day, provided I wouldn't have to look at or hear his dumbass bullshit.

Speaking of fraud... Has anyone been watching him give his analysis on nfl net ? It's hilarious. He pontificates like some expert and everyone is like "dude, u remember games can end in a tie, right?"

laugh.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 15 2012, 10:15 AM) *
Even the "greatest fraud in nfl history" didn't turn the phuquing ball over.

But he was saddled with one of the worst "winningest" coaches in football and some of the worst WRs ever for the bulk of his early years....

which now this current lot (who have improved at the skill positions) have to deal with.

So if Vick's "sucktitude" gets this guy the F outta Philly, GOOD.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Me too. I've never ever said Vick was stupid. But I sure asked myself if that was the case. And I asked it of myself MANY times. I've wondered about this.

Oh well. We have what we have, we are what and who we are, and I'm going to be wasting more of my time this season. Again.

It does not seem to matter what or why or how, Eagles are doomed to not win a super bowl in my lifetime it seems.

GQSmooth
Cris Carter is a loudmouthed idiot on tv. Vick has improved in blitz recognition this season. He should have said that 3 games ago, Vick has improved find something else to pick on like the coaching.
D Rock
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 15 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Cris Carter is a loudmouthed idiot on tv. Vick has improved in blitz recognition this season. He should have said that 3 games ago, Vick has improved find something else to pick on like the coaching.

Vick Sucks Balls.

Did anyone catch Colin Cowherd in ESPN radio this am? He was apoplectic at how anyone can blame the coaching for this "coach killing quarterback's failures." The guy has a career (going all the way back to VA Tech) 56% completion rate. He's on pace to shatter every turn over record ever jotted in the books. You can't blame coaching for a players refusal to take care of the ball.

xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 15 2012, 02:42 PM) *
Vick Sucks Balls.

Did anyone catch Colin Cowherd in ESPN radio this am? He was apoplectic at how anyone can blame the coaching for this "coach killing quarterback's failures." The guy has a career (going all the way back to VA Tech) 56% completion rate. He's on pace to shatter every turn over record ever jotted in the books. You can't blame coaching for a players refusal to take care of the ball.

I can't stand how he sometimes just chucks it up for grabs at the last possible second, falling backward, before he would take a sack. I mean, you don't want to eat a sack, but for god's sake don't just chuck it up there for anyone.

Seriously makes me miss Mr. McWormBurner. I think Vick might just have surpassed McThrowupInTheSuperbowl as the biggest fraud of all time (thanks to KAL for letting me borrow his line).
JeeQ
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 15 2012, 08:22 AM) *
Cris Carter is a loudmouthed idiot on tv.

If you take anything Cris Carter says to heart, then frankly, you're a fucking idiot. Cris Carter is a jealous prick who hates on everyone because he'll never be as good a player as he is in his own mind. It eats at him everyday that he continually falls down the list of All-Time Great WRs while having zero Super Bowl rings on his fingers. If he wasn't such a gigantic douche bag he might actually make it to the Hall Of Fame one day. Denied since 2008 and going...
koolaidluke
I blame the OL, not Vick, unless it is Vick who is the one screwing up the protections, but I don't think that's the case.

In fact, I don't even really blame the OL. It isn't their fault they suck. I blame the coaching for putting them in a situation where they need to block for more than 2.5 seconds.

Usually Reid gets his head out of his ass after the bye but I don't know. This is certainly the worst line we've had in the Reid era.
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 15 2012, 09:29 PM) *
I blame the OL, not Vick, unless it is Vick who is the one screwing up the protections, but I don't think that's the case.

How bout the interceptions yesterday? The one on the deep ball to Desean was on who in your estimation? The line blocked perfectly. The pocket was clean. No one was within 5 yards of The Human Turnover Machine. Desean was WIIIDE open. Vick stepped up into the throw and missed him 5 yards to the left.

Please regale us all with how that's on the "horrible play call" or the "piss poor protection" or was it a "bad route?" Perhaps it was on the defense?

Vick Sucks Dunkee Dongs... end of story.
Rick
Sorry, don't usually agree with CC but I do on this. I've said he's too stupid to do this for a long time now. He's too stupid to recognize defenses. He's too stupid to make good decisions. And, most importantly, he's too stupid to protect the ball better.

His numbers don't lie...
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 15 2012, 10:36 PM) *
His numbers don't lie...

100% agreed.
koolaidluke
but Vick always makes a couple of bone headed throws. Even when everybody thought he was headed for th HOF in 2010 he'd chuck up a couple of head scratchers a game.

I think trying to force the ball deep the way the Eagles did to begin overtime was a terrible mistake.

I didn't get to see either of the interceptions but from what I understand the fumble wasn't his fault. As long as he has the fumbles under control I don't think his ints are that bad. Homo and Sheli get picked off all the time too.
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 15 2012, 08:57 PM) *
I didn't get to see either of the interceptions but from what I understand the fumble wasn't his fault. As long as he has the fumbles under control I don't think his ints are that bad. Homo and Sheli get picked off all the time too.

How was the fumble not his fault? He doesn't protect the ball...EVER. That is absolutely his fault.
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 16 2012, 01:57 AM) *
but Vick always makes a couple of bone headed throws. Even when everybody thought he was headed for th HOF in 2010 he'd chuck up a couple of head scratchers a game.

I think trying to force the ball deep the way the Eagles did to begin overtime was a terrible mistake.

Wait a second. Your previous post laid blame on the o line. It was clearly pointed out that on the ints he had good pass pro. Now u say "I didn't see those plays".

How the fuck do u blame anybody when u've not seen the dam game. We all have long known u as a blow hard, but this takes it t a whole nutha level.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 16 2012, 06:55 AM) *
How was the fumble not his fault? He doesn't protect the ball...EVER. That is absolutely his fault.

pretty simple, the center snapped the ball before getting signalled to do so and Vick is not credited for it, Reynolds is....pretty clear and rather simple to be honest.....if you watched the game and saw the play it would take a moron to think otherwise and I am sure you are not a moron.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.