Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets see....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Rob Ryan, Winston Moss, Russ Grimm.

Who am I missing?
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2012, 09:25 PM) *

Who am I missing?

Fuck all of them. I go with Shaw from Stanford.
JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2012, 02:25 PM) *

Who am I missing?

Russ Grimm looks way too much like Andy Reid for my liking, makes me nervous

It's almost like Reid and Cowher had a lovechild
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2012, 05:25 PM) *

Who am I missing?

Rob Ryan? Seriously? He's terrible.
D Rock
Shaw bio

He was an assistant w Eagles under gruden. Played under bill Walsh and was Jim harbaugh's offensive coordinator at Stanford. He took over at Stanford when JH left going 11 & 2 in his first year as H.C.

I don't want no tired old NFL has been. Fuck Cower. Fuck Grudog. And def fuck anyone named Ryan.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2012, 06:02 PM) *
Shaw bio

He was an assistant w Eagles under gruden. Played under bill Walsh and was Jim harbaugh's offensive coordinator at Stanford. He took over at Stanford when JH left going 11 & 2 in his first year as H.C.

I don't want no tired old NFL has been. Fuck Cower. Fuck Grudog. And def fuck anyone named Ryan.

He's too conservative, in my opinion.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2012, 10:21 PM) *
He's too conservative, in my opinion.

In what way? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just asking you to elaborate. He learned the WCO under Walsh and then Gruden. Then Harbaugh taught him his smash mouth style for years. I think that's a solid combo (WCO design with Smash Mouth attytood).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2012, 06:32 PM) *
In what way? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just asking you to elaborate. He learned the WCO under Walsh and then Gruden. Then Harbaugh taught him his smash mouth style for years. I think that's a solid combo (WCO design with Smash Mouth attytood).

I just don't think run first (which I believe him to be) works in today's NFL. You have to have a special defense to allow that style to work, and those are few and far between.
Dreagon
I believe recycling old head coaches is usually not very productive. I don't think any have ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it seems that often the game has passed the old coach by.

I know that Parcells did a lot of good things for us when it came to building a team, but I also remember how vanilla and predictable he would get, and the lack of adjustments after halftime. It just seems that teams are better served when they find some young up and comer with his own ideas.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2012, 10:46 PM) *
I just don't think run first (which I believe him to be) works in today's NFL. You have to have a special defense to allow that style to work, and those are few and far between.

W our o line (better run blockers than pass) shady n brown and a 2nd year qb in Foles ... it might be the best bet. It's working for both harbaugh's bros in their respective towns. And our d is only gonna get better.

Also consider, any NCAA coach that doesn't adjust to the modern nfl realities is not worth his salt. Shaw is my guy. I def don't want an old like dirt nfl reclamation project coming off years in the broadcast booth. Fuck that noise quick, if its my call.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 14 2012, 11:12 PM) *
I believe recycling old head coaches is usually not very productive. I don't think any have ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it seems that often the game has passed the old coach by.

Totally agreed.
HobbEs
I'm sure Ray Horton will get some looks with the way the AZ defense is playing.
D Rock
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 15 2012, 12:00 AM) *
I'm sure Ray Horton will get some looks with the way the AZ defense is playing.

No doubt.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2012, 05:25 PM) *

Who am I missing?

As long as it isn't another WCO coach.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 15 2012, 02:39 PM) *
As long as it isn't another WCO coach.

That might eliminate all coaches in the NFL right now.

Not sure there are many qualified candidates out there that are not affiliated in some way shape or form with the WCO.

What are some of your suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.