Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I predict Andy benches Vick tomorrow.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Vick played poorly, again, and turned the ball over 3 times, again.

Although I blame Andy as much as I blame Vick, he's going to need someone to take the fall here, and he needs to do somehting to shake up the team.

We've got 2 weeks to install a new QB. Now would be the time to do it.
HobbEs
That's about all he can do now to save his job...
SpudDogg
He's not going to bench Vick. No way in hell he benches him for the rook.
JeeQ
I'm fully expecting Reid to try and use Vick as his sacrificial lamb, but there's no way Foles will survive behind this line.

10+ hurries, 10+ knockdowns, 10+ hits, and 3 sacks on 46 pass plays today. All this and Vick is a far more mobile QB then Foles. You might as well start playing the funeral march when he enters the game
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 14 2012, 09:24 PM) *
I'm fully expecting Reid to try and use Vick as his sacrificial lamb, but there's no way Foles will survive behind this line.

10+ hurries, 10+ knockdowns, 10+ hits, and 3 sacks on 46 pass plays today. All this and Vick is a far more mobile QB then Foles. You might as well start playing the funeral march when he enters the game

A good % of them are on Vick himself. He's holding the ball too long. They didn't take a great deal of shots deep. The routes called don't appear to have been the slow developing variety. But Vick is too slow to make his decision. In the 3rd stanza, he was getting rid of the ball and BINGO, the offense looked like that which we'd expect. You put Foles in and I'd bet this line suddenly looks quite a bit better.

D Rock
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Oct 14 2012, 09:22 PM) *
He's not going to bench Vick. No way in hell he benches him for the rook.

You're right. Andy aint gonna do it. But Andy is plumb as wrong for failing to do so.
bwc2112
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 14 2012, 05:24 PM) *

A good benching got McNabbs attention.
Reality Fan
I don't really care if they bench Vick or not.....but if you think today was on Vick then you watched a different game on a space network....the announcers all day talked about Vick getting hit repeatedly and he didn't hold the ball long until the ridiculous idea to go to 7 step drops with plays that take too long to develop with an O line that can barely block for the 3 step drops. it is now a knee jerk response......I guess the center snapping the ball was Vick's fault also? It has now become absurd.....the 2 picks were terrible but if not for Vick this would have been even uglier.

This was another coaching loss.....even castilo fucked this one up changing his D in the fourth just to make a change and Mudd's vaunted wide nine which has run its course. Vick has had some terrible games and some were from bad line play and some from him just playing terrible but this was not his fault and the only ones even saying something so stupid root for this team. he had 2 picks that were solely on him but other then that he played well....was Celek's dropped TD his fault also? Hell, he could barely step into his throws half the time.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2012, 08:28 PM) *
I don't really care if they bench Vick or not.....but if you think today was on Vick then you watched a different game on a space network....the announcers all day talked about Vick getting hit repeatedly and he didn't hold the ball long until the ridiculous idea to go to 7 step drops with plays that take too long to develop with an O line that can barely block for the 3 step drops. it is now a knee jerk response......I guess the center snapping the ball was Vick's fault also? It has now become absurd.....the 2 picks were terrible but if not for Vick this would have been even uglier.

This was another coaching loss.....even castilo fucked this one up changing his D in the fourth just to make a change and Mudd's vaunted wide nine which has run its course. Vick has had some terrible games and some were from bad line play and some from him just playing terrible but this was not his fault and the only ones even saying something so stupid root for this team. he had 2 picks that were solely on him but other then that he played well....was Celek's dropped TD his fault also? Hell, he could barely step into his throws half the time.

Vick didnt have a great game. Not saying its ll his fault but he has plenty of blame here.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Vick didnt have a great game. Not saying its ll his fault but he has plenty of blame here.

no, he doesn't.....he played a pretty good game even without the beating he took and if you think after watching that game and the beating he took and the job he did was poor than you have no clue...you can dislike him but he played a good game while getting his bell rung on every throw....do you just turn down the volume and look away when they show the replays?....he was hit constantly after the throw and he still stood in and took it......and to attribute the third TO(the snap) to him is just fucking silly, Reynolds is terrible
D Rock
If you're judging him as a "human turn over machine" he played a pretty good game. As a quarterback, not so much.
koolaidluke
The fumble obviously wasn't his fault although I didn't see the INTs.

Once again it seemed he was getting hit every time he dropped back.

This game and the cards game were two that I felt Andy coached us into defeat. Our line can't block deep passes and they still tried to go deep in OT when they desperately needed a 1st. And now twice our D has imploded in the 4th.

I don't know if it matters who the QB is behind this line. These guys just can't pick up a blitz. Let's see how they look after the bye. Beat the Falcons and it's a whole new season.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2012, 11:08 PM) *
no, he doesn't.....he played a pretty good game even without the beating he took and if you think after watching that game and the beating he took and the job he did was poor than you have no clue...you can dislike him but he played a good game while getting his bell rung on every throw....do you just turn down the volume and look away when they show the replays?....he was hit constantly after the throw and he still stood in and took it......and to attribute the third TO(the snap) to him is just fucking silly, Reynolds is terrible

Your fandom of mike Vick has rendered you incapable of critisizing him. He had a terrible game.

Now only were his two ints really bad throws, but he also cucked it up for grabs for no apparent reason at least 3 or 4 times. And he had balls batted down at the line of scrimage over, and over and over. That's on *him*.

And 3 times, twice late in the 4th, and once in overtime, he failed to get even a first down. Sure, play calling was questionable at best, but a good qb gets at least a first down there on one of those three drives.

And, you can take you constant clueless jabs and shove them up your ass. You're an idiot if you can't (see what I did there?) learn how to have a conversation with people without resorting to a 'clueless' remark as an exclaimation point every third sentence.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2012, 08:28 PM) *

I totally agree the bias towards vick is just laughable sometimes by these fans, I seen the game and this was a win for us the d bombed on us big time yet benching vick and starting foles will magically make this team superbowl contenders?? yeah rite
MistahNickells
"Your fandom of mike Vick has rendered you incapable of critisizing him"
and your dislike for vick has rendered you incapable seeing this team for what it is, you think foles is gonna make this line or defense better than what it is? Did you see the game? werent you the one that had to take back their words for saying vick held on to the ball too long when someone broke down the whole passing video for you?

I admit vick has his faults but did you see some of those hits he took standing strong up in the pocket? Did you see the plays he was making the audibles he was calling and the plays he made? That 70 td to maclin should have ended this game? But now you want vick to play defense too? The bad OPI on Celek which costed us a TD the dropped TD by Celek? C'mon xsv you cant single vick out and want this team to do better you look at every part of the team as a wholem which you are not doing.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 14 2012, 05:20 PM) *
That's about all he can do now to save his job...

He's definitely going to play a couple trump cards with his QBs at some point. Behind this o-line, and with these playcalls, it doesn't matter if Foles is the next Dan Marino though.
xsv

and your dislike for vick has rendered you incapable seeing this team for what it is

False. I have *repeatedly* criticized the coaching staff, the defense, the offensive line and the special teams as well as Vick. I see this team for exactly what it is.... a shitty team. Talented, but shitty.

..you think foles is gonna make this line or defense better than what it is?

Nope. I just hope that he'll make better decisions with the ball. I hope that he won't be one of the worst turnover machines at QB in nfl history, like Vick is. I hope that he'll eventually be able to read a defense, and recognize a blitz. I hope that he wont have 4 passes per game knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

We've seen what Vick can do. He's amazing at times, horrible at others, often just a few plays apart. I think you have to have more consistency out of the QB. I'm more than willing to willing to give up some of those amazing plays to get it.

werent you the one that had to take back their words for saying vick held on to the ball too long when someone broke down the whole passing video for you?

I was the one that *chose* to take back my words. Proof that I can see the other side of the argument.

I admit vick has his faults

There we go, now you're talking!

but did you see some of those hits he took standing strong up in the pocket?

I was the one that applauded him during the game for being able to pick himself up off the carpet. I guess you only see what you want to see.

Did you see the plays he was making the audibles he was calling and the plays he made? That 70 td to maclin should have ended this game?

That was a very good play.

But now you want vick to play defense too?

No, I want him to be a smart QB.

C'mon xsv you cant single vick out and want this team to do better you look at every part of the team as a whole which you are not doing.

You're obviously not reading my posts, and you're zeroing in on anything I post specifically about Vick. I've posted at least 12 times since the game about how shitty other parts of this team are, besides Vick.

D Rock
Vick sux.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (MistahNickells @ Oct 15 2012, 01:55 PM) *
I totally agree the bias towards vick is just laughable sometimes by these fans, I seen the game and this was a win for us the d bombed on us big time yet benching vick and starting foles will magically make this team superbowl contenders?? yeah rite

Why do people always say this shit? Nobody is claiming Foles makes the Eagles Super Bowl contenders. Enough already.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 15 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Why do people always say this shit? Nobody is claiming Foles makes the Eagles Super Bowl contenders. Enough already.

Zactly. The line ain't, Foles is great.

The line is, Vick stinks.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 15 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Vick sux.

I didn't think he'd improved that much.
JeeQ
Foles hasn't played one down in an actual NFL game but he's already a better option for this team then Mike Vick. That must be why Foles made it all the way to the third round. I don't know what those other teams we're thinking drafting Andrew Luck and RGIII when Foles is the obvious future Tom Brady. You guys are hilarious biggrin.gif I honestly want Kolb 2.0 to come in and get obliterated just so I can see you beg for your human turnover machine to come back. If you actually liked Foles you'd be praying he doesn't come in till next season when Andy is gone, and the O-Line is improved.
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 15 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Foles hasn't played one down in an actual NFL game but he's already a better option for this team then Mike Vick. That must be why Foles made it all the way to the third round. I don't know what those other teams we're thinking drafting Andrew Luck and RGIII when Foles is the obvious future Tom Brady. You guys are hilarious biggrin.gif I honestly want Kolb 2.0 to come in and get obliterated just so I can see you beg for your human turnover machine to come back. If you actually liked Foles you'd be praying he doesn't come in till next season when Andy is gone, and the O-Line is improved.

Brad Fucking Geobel could come back and be playing QB for us and I wouldn't beg for the human turnover machine to come back.

I'd welcome you to point to a single post that proclaims Foles is 'the obvious future Tom Brady'

That's like us saying that you just said that Vick walks on water and turns water into wine.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 15 2012, 09:44 PM) *
Brad Fucking Geobel could come back and be playing QB for us and I wouldn't beg for the human turnover machine to come back.

I'd welcome you to point to a single post that proclaims Foles is 'the obvious future Tom Brady'

That's like us saying that you just said that Vick walks on water and turns water into wine.

Truth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.