Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got back from pitt
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
I don't think there's really anything to say that hasn't been said. I feel like this game, which was very winnable, will be this years "What if...." game, that we look back on and wonder what could have been if only the team hadn't shit the bed.

The 2010 season had the epic fail of a Thursday night game at home against the Vikings, which not only cost the team a first round bye (and set our playoff matchup vs Packers), it also basically showed the rest of the blueprint for beating Vick. 2011 had the meltdown in Seattle, actually, fuck that, now that I think of it there were several "What if..." games in 2011, a year which we finished one game out of the division. Now, a chance to get to 4-1 on the road against a solid team coming off a bye, and Vick decides that holding on to the ball on the goal line is actually pretty overrated. I just wish he would have told me earlier in the week so I wouldn't have had to spend five hours driving out there to watch him piss it all away.

Sigh. All things aside from that shitty game it was actually a pretty fun road trip. Pittsburgh is a pretty shitty town, but the people are nice and if you've got a birds game to go to, a ton of beers and some friends its tough not to have a good time.

I grabbed a few pics in my drunken stupor:

My thoughts on the game....

SAM I Am
From the shots I was seeing on tv, it seemed to me like there were a lot of empty seats in the stadium. I know paid attendance was 66k, but it didn't look to me like 66k were there. What say you?
make_it_rain
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Oct 8 2012, 07:55 PM) *
From the shots I was seeing on tv, it seemed to me like there were a lot of empty seats in the stadium. I know paid attendance was 66k, but it didn't look to me like 66k were there. What say you?

Yeah, that's actually one thing me and my friends were talking about at the game.

Throughout the game when we were looking around the stadium it seemed like there was more empty seats than there should have been. Could have been because we were high up, or people were just moving around, but it still seemed weird.

Also, in terms of environment, I was expecting Heinz Field to be much, much louder. I mean, it was loud at times, but overall it didn't really compare to the Linc. Maybe it's just me being biased as an eagles fan, but I was at the Giants game last week and thought the area i was sitting was going to collapse, the place was jumping. In Pitt, it got loud at times, but I expected a lot more.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to expect more debauchery and general rowdiness in the stands growing up going to Eagles games cool.gif
koolaidluke
Just from the background, the city of Pitt looks like less of a shit hole than I imagined.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 8 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Sigh. All things aside from that shitty game it was actually a pretty fun road trip. Pittsburgh is a pretty shitty town, but the people are nice and if you've got a birds game to go to, a ton of beers and some friends its tough not to have a good time.

They say Pittsburgh is like Philly, except with nice people biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.