Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is our screen ?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Up until recently we were known as a pretty good screen passing team. What happened to us?

Yesterday the only screens thrown were actually dump downs. And the problem with almost all of them was, zero blocking support ahead of the receiver.

When someone caught a pass in the flat, they were faced with a rush of Steeler defenders waiting to smash the receiver into the ground.

Pitt on the other hand, threw several good screens where the receiver had 2 and sometimes 3 blockers ahead of him to fend off the pursuit.

We seem to have abandoned the screen altogether in our O playbook. I don't get it.

Itls as if the entire coaching staff is smoking dope.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 8 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Itls as if the entire coaching staff is smoking dope.

I don't recall us running much screen passes since Marty came here. That used to be a huge chunk of our offense in the early McNabb/Westbrook years. I could be wrong, but these last few years we've hardly done it at all, at least from what I recall.
D Rock
I think missing peters and kelce has much to do with not running our screen game much. And really, it's not a strength of vick either.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 8 2012, 06:39 PM) *
And really, it's not a strength of vick either.

What is his strength?
HobbEs
Didn't they run a TE screen? Once?

Our screen game is probably in the same junk pile where they left our west coast offense.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 8 2012, 06:08 PM) *
What is his strength?

fumbling. No. Wait. Interceptions.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 8 2012, 02:15 PM) *
Didn't they run a TE screen? Once?

I used to love the TE screen to Lewis back in the day - of course, back then we had the best O-line in football, which no doubt played a big part in our use of the screen.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 8 2012, 01:39 PM) *
I think missing peters and kelce has much to do with not running our screen game much. And really, it's not a strength of vick either.

Gee. This can be stated another way.

Our O line stinks so bad they can't even run a screen with one of the best backfield guys in the entire league.

With that said, no way this team goes anywhere. If our O line is that bad, and if Defenses wins championships, other teams will eat us alive in crunch time and I have to suffer another season of meaningless Eagles football.

What a disgrace.

I hope there's another reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.