Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If they win next week (and they should)
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Giants go to SF likely loss

Boys go to Baltimore...very likely loss

Skins...who cares

could be interesting
Phits
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 7 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Giants go to SF likely loss

Boys go to Baltimore...very likely loss

Skins...who cares

could be interesting

we are not good enough to make any assumptions....a turnover prone QB + a pass happy coach is a recipe for disaster.
koolaidluke
I think if we get the pass pro fixed (admittedly a pretty huge if) Vick could cut down on the turnovers. Vick is a special talent so you can live with him turning the ball over once a game. Our D is good enough to win some of the games where he turns the ball over twice and they almost did today.

The pass protection thing really mystifies me. I'm used to Reid's Olines sucking early in the season, but they usually have the OL issues cleared up after the first few weeks. I'm not sure the line is playing any better than it was to start the season.

McCoy can't pick up a blitz to save his life, maybe that is making the line look worse than it really is.

I think pretty much everybody expects us to beat Detroit. We COULD lose, but I don't think we will. Assuming we win, will that make Reid the most hated coach of a 4-2 team in NFL history?
GQSmooth
McCoy is fine, its Lewis that was looking bad, or Vick failing to make presnap adjustments which he still is not better since he starts.
HobbEs
And they should? Seriously? We're facing another team coming off a bye in a must-win situation. Detroit is one of the last teams I'd take lightly right now.

A couple of things to keel an eye on:

- Detroit also runs the Wide 9. Can pass happy Andy beat his own defense?
- Andy's record in games before the bye is abysmal.

I think we're looking at 3-3 folks.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 8 2012, 02:12 PM) *
And they should? Seriously? We're facing another team coming off a bye in a must-win situation. Detroit is one of the last teams I'd take lightly right now.

Yeah seriously, why the hell is everyone assuming an easy win here? They're one of the more talented teams in the NFC, and have a QB that threw for 5,000 yards last year. People are acting like we're facing the Browns again (who we beat by one point).
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 8 2012, 03:35 AM) *
I think if we get the pass pro fixed (admittedly a pretty huge if) Vick could cut down on the turnovers. Vick is a special talent so you can live with him turning the ball over once a game.

Huh!!?? I'm sorry, you just said we can deal with a QB turning the ball over once a game?? Well, if (and that's a huge if) he could keep his turnovers down to once a game, we might be able to overcome it. But he is no special talent any longer. His speed is gone and he still sucks as a QB and is turning the ball over even more.

Sorry, he really needs to go while we still have a chance of salvaging this season and making it respectable.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 8 2012, 02:12 PM) *

This team better not be taking anybody or anything lightly with three wins, out of five games, by a total of four points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.