Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Loss is on Vick and D
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Lousy loss in a game that was winnable.

1. Vick could not hit on the long pass. He kept over-shooting the WR who WERE open but the ball went beyond them. This has been a tendency all of this year. The long pass isn't working. Why hasn't this been fixed yet ?

2. Odds are against you when you turn the ball over withing short yardage to the end zone or anywhere on the field. When one guy fumbles twice it's his shame and blame. Vick. Go sit in a corner with a dunce cap glued to your skull and a dozen hungry pit bulls running free and rabid around your ankles.

3. 2nd half our D had no run stop. With all the hype about being able to rotate guys on the D line to keep them fresh, today the entire front 4 looked tired and couldn't tackle for shit. Something's wrong there folks, that's twice this year this has happened. Our D was exhausted in the 2nd half. Poor strength and conditioning ?

Steelers wanted this one more than we did. Was a fix in ? Spread of 3 and we lose by 2 ? Scary thought but it sure looked like we handed this one to them.

Eagles, today you stink and suck horse poop.

A mediocre performance from a team once again hyped to be hungry. Too much hype not enough real stuff. Pathetic loss.

mcnabbulous
I didn't see the game, but I don't understand how the D can be held accountable when giving up 16 points. Sure, they gave up the final score, but if you give up less than 17 in this league, you've done hour part. Especially considering Vick fumbled once on our side of the field.

From what I can tell, Vick is the single problem here. When you turn the ball over in the red zone, you kill your team. He left, at minimum, 3 points on the field. Anyone bitching about that play call is a moron. It's the exact call they should have made to finish that last drive against NY last week.

Fuck Vick and his fumbles. I'm sick of this shit. It was a game that very few people thought we were going to win. From what I can tell, everyone other than Vick did their part.
nephillymike
I thought on a few occassions that Vick had the Steelers in this game.

Those fumbles were really strange.

Hey we lost by 2 on the road against a good Pitt team who had a bye week.

The D played well.

We have problems on O.

Give up 16 points and you should win. Our offense is bottom three in the league in pts scored.
D Rock
16 points given up to toothlessburger and it's not on the D.

It's 100% on Vick as I saw the game. All of Vicks turn overs this season save 2 were on the other teams side of the field. This "high powered" offense has scored more than 20 once this season? Not good enough. Not by a long shot.

koolaidluke
what is it with Vick and the fumbles anyway? He never fumbled like this before.

I think any QB would struggle with the kind of protection he's had, but you got to take care of the football. He seems so reckless out there.

I try not to overreact to losses or bad games, and I'm not calling for Vick's head, but if we put Foles in and just had him hand the ball off we might still be able to have a good season just with our D and running game.
Phits
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 7 2012, 11:25 PM) *
what is it with Vick and the fumbles anyway? He never fumbled like this before.

he's shy of 1 fumble per game for his career average. he's been in double digits since we made him a starter....#32 all-time
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 8 2012, 12:35 AM) *
he's shy of 1 fumble per game for his career average.

Oh, well if you count the average for his entire career, than yeah. I was only talking about the games where he didn't fumble. He never fumbled in those.

I think Vick is good enough of a QB that you could live with 1 fumble a game as long as he was only going to throw about 12 picks for the season and recover at least 25% of his fumbles.

It seems like lately he's been fumbling way more than once per game, and I'm just talking about the ones he loses.
Phits
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 8 2012, 01:55 AM) *
Oh, well if you count the average for his entire career, than yeah. I was only talking about the games where he didn't fumble. He never fumbled in those.

I think Vick is good enough of a QB that you could live with 1 fumble a game as long as he was only going to throw about 12 picks for the season and recover at least 25% of his fumbles.

It seems like lately he's been fumbling way more than once per game, and I'm just talking about the ones he loses.

the stats are only for fumbles lost.
koolaidluke
god damnit
TheDilemma
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 7 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Lousy loss in a game that was winnable.

1. Vick could not hit on the long pass. He kept over-shooting the WR who WERE open but the ball went beyond them. This has been a tendency all of this year. The long pass isn't working. Why hasn't this been fixed yet ?

2. Odds are against you when you turn the ball over withing short yardage to the end zone or anywhere on the field. When one guy fumbles twice it's his shame and blame. Vick. Go sit in a corner with a dunce cap glued to your skull and a dozen hungry pit bulls running free and rabid around your ankles.

3. 2nd half our D had no run stop. With all the hype about being able to rotate guys on the D line to keep them fresh, today the entire front 4 looked tired and couldn't tackle for shit. Something's wrong there folks, that's twice this year this has happened. Our D was exhausted in the 2nd half. Poor strength and conditioning ?

Steelers wanted this one more than we did. Was a fix in ? Spread of 3 and we lose by 2 ? Scary thought but it sure looked like we handed this one to them.

Eagles, today you stink and suck horse poop.

A mediocre performance from a team once again hyped to be hungry. Too much hype not enough real stuff. Pathetic loss.

Our poor play is the result of horrible coaching.
Andy reids problem in this is his loyalty to players is to a fault. Any coach that has witnessed the eagles despicable Play knows the logical move is to sit Michael "good for nothing but fumbles and picks" Vick and put in Foles.

Next coaching problem is Our Def coordinator. Some might claim he isnt doin a poorjob because our def. isnt giving up to many points. However he is using the idiots guide for coaching def. . He is mostly playing a zone while only rushing the 4 downlinemen. This is problematic and makes his scheme extremely predictable. This scheme takes our great ability to get at the qb out of the game. Pressure the qb and good things happen like forcing poor throws and turnovers. Juans scheme is the gameplan of an inexperienced def. coordinator whos afraid of calling plays. He plays what he thinks is safe but in reality it removes our biggest attribute on defense our blitzing and pass rush. And it also allows opposing qbs go sit back in the pocket and pick our secondary apart while running our secondary all over along with the rest of our defense because their plays last so much longer. Now mix that with our lack of achieving firstdowns and our D is basically running around non stop the entire game.

Solutions to our problems:

Bench Vick and start Foles for the rest of the season.
Fire Juan Castillo and start mixing up a steady blitz flow package.
And for gods sake RUN SHADY and THROW TO HIM ASWELL!
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (TheDilemma @ Oct 8 2012, 06:48 AM) *
Solutions to our problems:

Bench Vick and start Foles for the rest of the season.
Fire Juan Castillo and start mixing up a steady blitz flow package.
And for gods sake RUN SHADY and THROW TO HIM ASWELL!

and what of the O-Line? What about that problem?

Fire Juan Castillo? What FOR? this team hasn't made many plays on D but it isn't the coordinator's fault. The bums in blue put up 41 on the hapless Browns.

against the Eagles? not even 20.

the same Browns couldn't even put 20 on the Eagles, but they did so against the SUPER BOWL CHAAAAAAAAMPIONS the NEW JERSEY VAGIANTS.

ditto for the Ravens (though, LOL @ their score against KC).

The only team to put up more than 20 on this team was the Cruds, and that was a fluke/Andyball disaster.

the defense is keeping most teams under 20 points. I expect more of the same against Detroit. I hate that they're back to giving up 3rd and forevers, but I don't think that's TOO much a "Castillo" problem. the Eagles aren't giving up many big plays (and if they try, there's usually interference involved)

Vick's turning the ball over (fumbles mostly)
the O-Line can't deal.
Andy/Marty isn't running the ball with consistency. When they do, the Eagles magically stop turning the ball over and score TDs. And there are still wrinkles in that fabric that need ironing out. The Eagles play action game is HORRIBLE. That is one thing the Smurfs do right.

so you want to subject a rookie QB to that? in THIS stretch of games?

look, we're stuck with them until this season is over. Lurie's not going to fire anyone.

TGryn
- OL has been hit by injuries, I'm not happy with how they're playing but have to think they'll get better as they work together as a unit.
- DL is a concern, it should be our best section by far but the pass rush has been inconsistent from game to game.
- Special teams coverage has been a disaster, noticeably worse than last year.

I note that every one of these units is coached by assistants who are supposed to be the master of their craft (Mudd, Washburn, and April, respectively). Well, guys, time to start living up to your reputations.
xsv
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 8 2012, 01:55 AM) *
I was only talking about the games where he didn't fumble. He never fumbled in those.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!! That is fucking hilarious.

I'm going to borrow that little yogism. It made me laugh out loud. Well done.
TheDilemma
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 8 2012, 08:23 AM) *
and what of the O-Line? What about that problem?

Fire Juan Castillo? What FOR? this team hasn't made many plays on D but it isn't the coordinator's fault. The bums in blue put up 41 on the hapless Browns.

against the Eagles? not even 20.

the same Browns couldn't even put 20 on the Eagles, but they did so against the SUPER BOWL CHAAAAAAAAMPIONS the NEW JERSEY VAGIANTS.

ditto for the Ravens (though, LOL @ their score against KC).

The only team to put up more than 20 on this team was the Cruds, and that was a fluke/Andyball disaster.

the defense is keeping most teams under 20 points. I expect more of the same against Detroit. I hate that they're back to giving up 3rd and forevers, but I don't think that's TOO much a "Castillo" problem. the Eagles aren't giving up many big plays (and if they try, there's usually interference involved)

Vick's turning the ball over (fumbles mostly)
the O-Line can't deal.
Andy/Marty isn't running the ball with consistency. When they do, the Eagles magically stop turning the ball over and score TDs. And there are still wrinkles in that fabric that need ironing out. The Eagles play action game is HORRIBLE. That is one thing the Smurfs do right.

so you want to subject a rookie QB to that? in THIS stretch of games?

look, we're stuck with them until this season is over. Lurie's not going to fire anyone.

Dont credit our defenses ability to hold teams to few points because Juan castillo is calling the shots because thats just ludicrous! The reason our defense is holding teams to low scores is simply do to our talent on that side of the ball. Juan doesnt do anything for our D except play super conservative and doing away with the blitz all together. He is horrible! And he tries to hide his incompetence behind predictable lowrisk simplistic play calling. The D we have out there is easily the best in the NFL unfortunately our D coordinator has no idea what he's doing and wont blitz ever for fear of giving up a big gain. Every play is a 4 man rush exclusively D-line. Wake up and watch the bs that castillo is calling.

And as for vick getting hit so often. Dont blame the O-line when vick drops back so far he negates the need for a pocket. He drops back so deep the D-line coming off the corners have a straight shot off the corners right to him! It makes blocking impossible. Vick is the reason he is taking so many hits. If he didnt drop back so far the line would be able to create a nice pocket for him to throw from but vick abandons the pocket from the start and drops back so far he is out of the pockets rear.
Put in Foles who would stay in the pocket and take advantage of the blocking formation and youll find that it is Vick that is putting himself in danger and giving the o-line a bad name and castillo who is holding back our amazing Defense with his ultra conservative play calling. Also those who are clammering on about how our Defense is to blame for giving up points in the 4th need to wake up. When vick turns the ball over constantly who has to get back out on the field and play each time? Our D must be exhausted by the start of the 4th quarter with all the play time they get. Jesus christ our D has probably already played 3/4 of a seasons worth of snaps.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 7 2012, 09:56 PM) *
16 points given up to toothlessburger and it's not on the D.

It's 100% on Vick as I saw the game. All of Vicks turn overs this season save 2 were on the other teams side of the field. This "high powered" offense has scored more than 20 once this season? Not good enough. Not by a long shot.

now this is a great example of a legitimate point and presentation of said point.....notice there is no "he will never" or "they will never" or any other of the myriad of stupid absolutes....Vick had a terrible first half and his 2nd half was not enough to make up for it......pretty simple....

Well done D.....it does feel a bit odd that we no longer argue with each other.....you finally saw the light..... blah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.