Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That sucked!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
That was a team loss today. There wasn't a single unit that stepped up and made the plays necessary to win the game. Vick sunk the offense early and the D gave up an 80 yard drive along with the game winning drive after the Eagles took the lead. I am more disappointed in the offense than the defense though. You cannot put up 14 points and expect that to be enough to win. No defense is good enough to consistently do that.

With that said, I am still concerned about the run defense. I said this a few weeks ago and I don't think anyone ageed. In the second half the Steelers were able to convert many of their 3rd downs manageable by utilizing the run game and it really hurt today.

Damn this team is frustrating.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 7 2012, 04:11 PM) *
With that said, I am still concerned about the run defense. I said this a few weeks ago and I don't think anyone ageed. In the second half the Steelers were able to keep many of their 3rd downs manageable by utilizing the run game and it really hurt today.

The defense gave up an unbelievable amount of 3rd down conversions. While our D has been good for the most part, the fact is we have a lot of talent, being guided by an offensive line coach. People were slobbering over Castillo's knob last week and declaring the issue of hiring him as over - it obviously isn't over. He deserves some credit of course, but we have I think at least 5 pro bowlers starting on our defense - even Barry Switzer won a ring.
D Rock
They held toothlessburger to 16 points.

Ain't on the d.

It's on the sukAss qb who can't help but lay the dam ball on the turf. Now, even without contact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.