Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winning despite Reid
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
If we pulled this one out today, it would've been a classic example of winning despite our HC. I wouldn't label this our yearly 'Andy Reid special' because Pitt is actually a good team. That being said.....

Do you think it would've helped to have a couple timeouts at the end, instead of blowing 2 in one drive?

Do you think the 7 points would've made a difference if we dialed up Shady instead of calling a QB draw at the 3 yard line on 1st down, resulting in a fumble?

By the way, we remain 10-1 when McCoy gets 20 carries or more. Somebody call up the Walrus and tell him to look into that mystery.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 7 2012, 08:11 PM) *
If we pulled this one out today, it would've been a classic example of winning despite our HC. I wouldn't label this our yearly 'Andy Reid special' because Pitt is actually a good team. That being said.....

Do you think it would've helped to have a couple timeouts at the end, instead of blowing 2 in one drive?

Do you think the 7 points would've made a difference if we dialed up Shady instead of calling a QB draw at the 3 yard line on 1st down, resulting in a fumble?

By the way, we remain 10-1 when McCoy gets 20 carries or more. Somebody call up the Walrus and tell him to look into that mystery.

No for question 1 and yes for question 2.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 7 2012, 01:11 PM) *

I'm positive he's doing it on purpose now just to prove he's smarter than mathematics. But alas, he was wrong again, poor Arrogant Andy.

One team abandoned the run game, the other used it to seal the victory.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 7 2012, 04:22 PM) *
I'm positive he's doing it on purpose now just to prove he's smarter than mathematics. But alas, he was wrong again, poor Arrogant Andy.

Watching our team sometimes, I'm absolutely convinced we're capable of winning a Super Bowl with the right guy at the helm. Someone who can manage the clock, recognizes he has an all-pro RB who makes his QB better when he's utilized, and adjusts his gameplan. Then we got a shot.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 7 2012, 04:11 PM) *

I don't blame Andy for one of those timeouts. The way the offense was confused, he had no choice.

Where I DO blame Andy is that after the Eagles managed to get a TD, and the defense managed a stop... they went to three passes and out, DEEP in their own territory. WTF?

Of course, they start running that ball again, get aggressive, and lo and behold, Vick starts hitting guys underneath and they score a TD with enough time to get a stop (gifted 1st and 20, they blew it) and try and score some more.

This was a sure out for Andy to get blamed, but really, the biggest mistake they made was going pass/pass/pass from inside the 20 when they were actually running pretty well. It would have been nice to have a lead early.
D Rock
Vick put the ball on the turf 5 times. He lost two of em. On both of those, a defender never even contacted the ball or arm.

And you people wanna blame the coach?

Unbelievable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.