Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TNF
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
I know the players hate it, but I'm loving the new schedule with a Thursday game every week. Seriously, how awesome is having only 2 days off from football before getting back to it?
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 4 2012, 07:49 PM) *
I know the players hate it, but I'm loving the new schedule with a Thursday game every week. Seriously, how awesome is having only 2 days off from football before getting back to it?

I'm a fan myself, but I think Friday night would actually be better than Thursday night.
Dreagon
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 4 2012, 07:11 PM) *
I'm a fan myself, but I think Friday night would actually be better than Thursday night.

That would interfere with High School football.
xsv
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 4 2012, 08:29 PM) *

I didn't say it would be perfect for everyone.

Also, high school football usually starts early and ends early.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 4 2012, 07:49 PM) *

lmmfao @ Kolb playing behind a line playing like trash and looking like diarrhea soup as a result.

D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 5 2012, 12:11 PM) *
Also, high school football usually starts early and ends early.

If you live anywhere other than the east coast, so does nfl football.
JeeQ
Klob got Klobbered last night (9 Sacks!) as the Cardinals plummeted down to reality. Only one more undefeated team left in the NFC.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 4 2012, 08:29 PM) *

I guess Varsity Blues got it right eh? Nobody outside of Texas gives a rat's ass about high school football, including most high school football players.
Reality Fan
the biggest reason for THF instead of FNF is money....normal people are likely to go out on Friday nights, dinner, movies, parties, bars etc......Thursday is a natural stay at home night...unless you are a leisure suit larry type....lol
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 5 2012, 11:29 AM) *
I guess Varsity Blues got it right eh? Nobody outside of Texas gives a rat's ass about high school football, including most high school football players.

lol! I've never actually scene the movie but if what I understand about it is right, then it's not that far off the mark...especially in smaller towns. HSF is pretty serious stuff her in Texas.
Pbfan
You couldn't drag me to a high school football game, it's pathetic to watch... I love Thursday night football, they should put as many games on as possible .
nephillymike
I guess I'm old school.

Not a fan of TNF.

At least not every week.

I can take a few weeks near the end of the year, but not every week.

Sundays, Sunday Nite, Monday Nite a few Thursdays, some Sat late in the year. That's for me. Not every Thursday.
md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2012, 11:21 PM) *
I guess I'm old school.

Not a fan of TNF.

At least not every week.

I can take a few weeks near the end of the year, but not every week.

Sundays, Sunday Nite, Monday Nite a few Thursdays, some Sat late in the year. That's for me. Not every Thursday.
And by spreading the games out over Thursday nights, Sunday nights, Monday night double headers, etc. etc. they are diluting the value of the Sunday Ticket. They increase the chance that a "must see" game will be nationally broadcast and not hidden in a Sunday game that isn't available to the fan that wants to see it.
Pbfan
QUOTE (md717 @ Oct 6 2012, 07:04 AM) *
And by spreading the games out over Thursday nights, Sunday nights, Monday night double headers, etc. etc. they are diluting the value of the Sunday Ticket. They increase the chance that a "must see" game will be nationally broadcast and not hidden in a Sunday game that isn't available to the fan that wants to see it.

Ya but isn't that a good thing? Why wouldn't you want the opportunity to see as many games as possible on the tv. Although it would make no practical sense for theeague, I think the ideal case for a viewer would be to have every game on at different times. That way I could watch all the nfl I wanted. Obviously for scheduling purposes this wouldnt make sense, and players would probibaly hate it, but having 1 a game on Thursday is a great idea. Also, I think they should think about adding another Sunday night game. They more that is on tv with little schedule disruption the better
md717
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Oct 6 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Ya but isn't that a good thing? Why wouldn't you want the opportunity to see as many games as possible on the tv. Although it would make no practical sense for theeague, I think the ideal case for a viewer would be to have every game on at different times. That way I could watch all the nfl I wanted. Obviously for scheduling purposes this wouldnt make sense, and players would probibaly hate it, but having 1 a game on Thursday is a great idea. Also, I think they should think about adding another Sunday night game. They more that is on tv with little schedule disruption the better
I didn't say it was a bad thing. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.