Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any chance at all Peters comes back in Dec/Jan?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
Any insight?
D Rock
Um, the guy ruptured the same achilles TWICE in the span of 2 months. I think it a bit overly optimistic to expect him to ever come back to the level of player he was previously, let alone play any snaps this season.
HOUSEoPAIN
Injuries to O-linemen have been our achilles heel thus far

*rim shot*
TGryn
No chance. Its not worth risking our shot getting Peters back at 80%-90% next year for a 40%-50% Peters for the playoffs, given that it looks like the Bell experiment is going down in flames so Peters is our best shot at a good LOT in 2013.

I'm starting to wonder if Mudd was on his extended summer vacation when the whole Peters-hurt-sign-Bell sequence happened. Bell's poor play is just painful to watch, reminds me of the Rhodes days of Barrett Brooks and Steve Wallace.
Reality Fan
There is no chance of him returning this year.....that being said....this is 2012 and the rehab they have today is unreal......just the fact that Ryan Howard was back swinging a bat and playing baseball again in the majors shows that.......he will not be 100% til the end of next season but the achilles rupture is not the death knell of the big man any longer....(see Demeco Ryans)........my only worry is that Peters balloons up to 600 lbs while he heals......
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 3 2012, 12:40 AM) *
There is no chance of him returning this year.....that being said....this is 2012 and the rehab they have today is unreal......just the fact that Ryan Howard was back swinging a bat and playing baseball again in the majors shows that.......he will not be 100% til the end of next season but the achilles rupture is not the death knell of the big man any longer....(see Demeco Ryans)........my only worry is that Peters balloons up to 600 lbs while he heals......

Not that I disagree, but for every Meco, there's 3 Elton Brands. And swinging a bat like Howard is quite a bit different than Peter's job on a stretch draw. Aslo note, that Ryans took 2 full years to return to form. He wasn't much last season and I think it was more the achilles than the new scheme.

FINGERS CROSSED.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 2 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Not that I disagree, but for every Meco, there's 3 Elton Brands. And swinging a bat like Howard is quite a bit different than Peter's job on a stretch draw. Aslo note, that Ryans took 2 full years to return to form. He wasn't much last season and I think it was more the achilles than the new scheme.

FINGERS CROSSED.

Ryans was back to form at the end of last year but admittedly slow to start the season...he was, by his own admission, starting to feel normal by midseason and Elton Brands reason for turning 90 was not his achilles but rather a symphony of injuries and the shoulder was the icing on the cake....he has bad knees, a weak shoulder and perennial injured hands.....he is an arthritis express.....I completely agree there is a world of difference but my point is that Howard was back playing in what? 7-8 months?....I don't expect Peters to be the Peters we know the first year back but I think he can return to form.....not sure what his contract length is but I just don't think he is done....of course that will dependent on him and how he llooks at his rehab..
Mr. Bonko
The eagles much think there is at least an outside chance for this year else they would have placed him on season ending IR, right?
TGryn
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 3 2012, 03:25 AM) *
The eagles much think there is at least an outside chance for this year else they would have placed him on season ending IR, right?
I forget who exactly it was, but in the past the Eagles did place a guy on the PUP list (Shawn Andrews?) who they realistically didn't expect back because they thought it would help with his motivation and focus during rehab to keep open even a remote chance of playing again during the season. Maybe the same thing applies to Peters and Patterson this year. We'll know for sure by the Saints game, since that's the last week they can activate a guy off PUP - if they're not practicing by then, they're done for the year for sure. More likely, if they're not practicing when the team reassembles after the bye, that's a good sign they won't be playing again in 2012.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (TGryn @ Oct 3 2012, 12:20 PM) *
I forget who exactly it was, but in the past the Eagles did place a guy on the PUP list (Shawn Andrews?) who they realistically didn't expect back because they thought it would help with his motivation and focus during rehab to keep open even a remote chance of playing again during the season. Maybe the same thing applies to Peters and Patterson this year. We'll know for sure by the Saints game, since that's the last week they can activate a guy off PUP - if they're not practicing by then, they're done for the year for sure. More likely, if they're not practicing when the team reassembles after the bye, that's a good sign they won't be playing again in 2012.

Isn't there a new rule this year that allows teams to carry one player on the injured reserve (while replacing them on the 53 man roster), yet that player still can come pack? This is separate thatn the 6 week PUP deal. Also, Patterson is on the non-football illness list so I think, theoretcailly, he could come back too (although I can't see that happening).

I guess there is no harm in keeping JP on that IR (but can return) list if there is no other injured player who has a better chance of returning than him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 3 2012, 01:49 PM) *
Isn't there a new rule this year that allows teams to carry one player on the injured reserve (while replacing them on the 53 man roster), yet that player still can come pack? This is separate thatn the 6 week PUP deal. Also, Patterson is on the non-football illness list so I think, theoretcailly, he could come back too (although I can't see that happening).

I guess there is no harm in keeping JP on that IR (but can return) list if there is no other injured player who has a better chance of returning than him.

there is a new rule that allows a team to keep one player on temporary IR list, I for get the exact time the player can stay on it but this allows the team to fill that roster spot until the player comes off the IR....the caveat being that each team can only use it once for the season so once they do it for said player they can't do it again for another player.
D Rock
So the question then is, did they use the designation (IR w/ potential mid/late season return) on Peters or Patterson?
D Rock
okay. looked it up.

Apparently, they can bring back either. But once they bring back one, the other would be unavailable for the remainder of the season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 3 2012, 03:06 PM) *
okay. looked it up.

Apparently, they can bring back either. But once they bring back one, the other would be unavailable for the remainder of the season.

they just had an article on csnphilly about it.......Peters is healing fast and they have not ruled him out if they make the playoffs.....it is a longshot but a possibility because he is doing so well and that is why they never put Cooper on the IR designate return list
TGryn
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagle...l#ixzz28LydRfJS
"I'm running, doing everything," Peters said, pausing briefly as he walked from the locker room to a training room. Asked if he has realistic hopes of playing this season, Peters said "yeah." Asked about a timetable for his return, Peters said there isn't one. "I'm taking it day by day," he said...Peters can be activated anytime between Week 6 and Week 9, and then would have three weeks of practice before the Eagles would either have to put him on the 53-man roster or IR him. We are in Week 5.

Well, OK then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.