Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing some credit...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
VICKtory
Remember this time last year when everyone was just ripping up Juan Castillo because the D looked atrocious? Well this year the D has looked pretty damn good and it seems only the players are getting the credit for it, gotta show Juan some love too. He really has done a good job this year with turning our D into one of the best in the league.
Reality Fan
I guess all those folks pontificating last year have left the board or are too embarrassed..........but it does seem that given a fair shot he is doing well.....
Bocadelphia Eagles John
HOORAY FOR JUAN.

There, that's my bit.

GOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES

D Rock
I've been behind Juan from day 1. Last season's problems were all about personnel IMO.

At the end of the day, players have to block, run, tackle, throw and catch.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 2 2012, 04:51 PM) *
I've been behind Juan from day 1. Last season's problems were all about personnel IMO.

At the end of the day, players have to block, run, tackle, throw and catch.

as was I amigo.......he was dealt a bad hand last season with the strike etc and still finished well........I wonder where all those "Spags is god" folks are right now.......Saints are ranked what?....29th........hmmmmm
GQSmooth
Juan deserves credit but why would anyone come out and say so prior to this season?? The defense played well against the NFC East last year. Then at the end of the season things started to go well, but was it the quality of the opposition? Assante being gone? No one could say it was Juan until at least the Ravens game. One could argue Todd Bowles deserves credit too but the improvement started before he came on board.
MistahNickells
I agree the defense looks great
Reality Fan
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 3 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Juan deserves credit but why would anyone come out and say so prior to this season?? The defense played well against the NFC East last year. Then at the end of the season things started to go well, but was it the quality of the opposition? Assante being gone? No one could say it was Juan until at least the Ravens game. One could argue Todd Bowles deserves credit too but the improvement started before he came on board.

I said he did well last year for a few reasons.....his rookie season stats were better than Spags Rookie year but Spags got a pass because the Giants front four went bonkers in the post season.....he also ended up coaching a top ten defense and the quality of the opposition? besides the fact that the teams we played everyone else had their shot at so that is a moot point but a lot of people make it seem like we played Alcorn State 4 times......while the Dolphins sucked the Jets and the Cowboys were playing to make the playoffs so the fantasy that we played 4 patsies is just that.......it gets dismissed because we were out of it.

Juan took over a defense full of new faces with an abbreviated offseason, a recipe for disaster...not to mention not one MLB to speak of......so yes...he did do a good job last year and if the offense does not have a million turnovers they make the playoffs
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2012, 02:19 AM) *
I said he did well last year for a few reasons.....his rookie season stats were better than Spags Rookie year but Spags got a pass because the Giants front four went bonkers in the post season.....he also ended up coaching a top ten defense and the quality of the opposition? besides the fact that the teams we played everyone else had their shot at so that is a moot point but a lot of people make it seem like we played Alcorn State 4 times......while the Dolphins sucked the Jets and the Cowboys were playing to make the playoffs so the fantasy that we played 4 patsies is just that.......it gets dismissed because we were out of it.

Juan took over a defense full of new faces with an abbreviated offseason, a recipe for disaster...not to mention not one MLB to speak of......so yes...he did do a good job last year and if the offense does not have a million turnovers they make the playoffs

No middle backer? Try no backer at all. And questionable safeties. The phrase I used all last season...

"He has a giant river of suck running right up the middle of this defense."
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2012, 02:19 AM) *

No middle backer? Try no backer at all. And questionable safeties. The phrase I used all last season...

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 4 2012, 09:58 AM) *

I guess I was being kind....Nate Allen has played well this year but Coleman is still a mess and I love that line...you get full credit for that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.