Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huge Game this Week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
If we lose to Pitt, the talk of "should be 0-5" will (legitimately) continue. But if we go on the road and beat Pitt coming off a bye and are 4-1 with an underachieving Det coming to town the following, people will have to start paying attention to us.

I know the NFL changes every few weeks which is one of the reasons I subscribe to the 4 quarters of the season approach -- and never look beyond the current quarter. Despite poor play, we managed to go 3-1 in Q1.

Q2 is interesting.

1. Pitt on the road coming off a bye --- likely a loss for us.
2. Det coming off a bye -- hopefully we can pull this one out despite Det having the week off
3. Atl -- both teams coming off byes -- home. Toss up. Atl is the better team but AR is great after the bye, plus it is home.
4. NO on the road. I don't believe they are as bad as they record.

Can we manage through that at 3-1? That would be awesome, but even 2-2 given the circumstances keeps the season alive.

They have my attention.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 2 2012, 07:02 AM) *
1. Pitt on the road coming off a bye --- likely a loss for us.
2. Det coming off a bye -- hopefully we can pull this one out despite Det having the week off
3. Atl -- both teams coming off byes -- home. Toss up. Atl is the better team but AR is great after the bye, plus it is home.
4. NO on the road. I don't believe they are as bad as they record.

Can we manage through that at 3-1? That would be awesome, but even 2-2 given the circumstances keeps the season alive.

I had them at '3-1' at this point (assuming a loss to Baltimore, and a split with NY whether the W came now or later). I had them losing 3 of these games, and Andy's bye streak continuing. This is by far the toughest quarter, if they go 2-2 in these 4 games I'd say that's a good sign, and can lead to an 11+ win season and great position in the playoffs, preferably those 2 wins coming against the NFC here of course.
CT_Eagle
It seems like the Eagles always bomb against Pittsburgh. Hopefully this time will be different. A solid win here would be huge.

3-1 after the first quarter of the season is big. Andy's teams do have the habit of improving as the season progresses so they really have something to build on this year. Much better than last season when the found themselves in a huge hole. 2-2 or better during the 2nd quarter would set up the Eagles nicely for a playoff push. 10 wins gets the Eagles in the playoffs so a 2-2 record over the next 4 games is half way there. 3 or 4 wins is gravy.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 2 2012, 02:18 PM) *
It seems like the Eagles always bomb against Pittsburgh. Hopefully this time will be different.

Really? Does it seem like that? We've seen them four times, going back to the 90s and won 3 out of 4.

Just sayin.
CT_Eagle
I honestly did not realize how off my perception was. I just have visions of Hines Ward doing that wing flapping thing in my head everytime I think of Pittsburgh.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 2 2012, 11:20 AM) *
I honestly did not realize how off my perception was. I just have visions of Hines Ward doing that wing flapping thing in my head everytime I think of Pittsburgh.

We were 8-0, trying to go 9-0 when they annihilated us, I think 27-3. Probably one of the worst games I've ever seen - that's why you remember Ward. We actually have pretty good recent history against them.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Oct 2 2012, 06:02 AM) *
If we lose to Pitt, the talk of "should be 0-5" will (legitimately) continue. But if we go on the road and beat Pitt coming off a bye and are 4-1 with an underachieving Det coming to town the following, people will have to start paying attention to us.

LOL! I have never seen a fanbase that can take being in first place in the division so gloomily!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 2 2012, 12:32 PM) *
LOL! I have never seen a fanbase that can take being in first place in the division so gloomily!

not all of us.......but now you can see what creates the caricature of the "Philly fan"....lol.......no matter where I have lived and who my friends root for they all say the same thing..."I don't hate the Eagles, I hate their fans..."...I am sure that can be said about many fanbases and Oakland is far more dangerous than here but there is a small but vocal minority that will never be happy until the SB win and then it will last for 3 months and go back to being miserable.....(see Phillies WS).....and I understand that.....I just love the season long chase........I only get bummed when they are not in contention......full disclosure: I did get completely shitfaced after the Tampa loss....that was their biggest and worse loss under Reid
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 2 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Really? Does it seem like that? We've seen them four times, going back to the 90s and won 3 out of 4.

Just sayin.

well played..........I like not being the only one who looks things up.....lol.....truth be told I was surprised myself....
koolaidluke
If the Eagles beat Pitt, great. But you have to think Pitt wins this one.

They are at home, coming off a bye, which a horrible loss in their last game.

The Eagles are coming off an emotional, hard fought win.

Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 2 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Probably because it feels a lot like Groundhog Day....we have been here many times before.

That said....3-1 top of the division is nice place to be after the first quarter of the season.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 2 2012, 03:20 PM) *

LOL No Doubt.

That perception is likely born of the fact that our 3 wins were all by less than a TD, but our loss was a blow out.
jeremyrt
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 2 2012, 09:35 AM) *

Just sayin.

I seem to remember sacking the sh*t out of Roethlisberger whenever we play Pitt. The Steelers run game has been non-existent, if we get in Ben's face we win this game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.