Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why on Earth was NBC playing the salsa music when Cruz scored?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
We're watching the game, the Eagles give up (yet another) TD pass--no matter how good our defense plays we still seem to give up TD passes when we give up scores--and when Cruz catches the ball in the endzone NBC starts playing salsa music. WTF!!?? We're not talking when they were going into a commercial and replaying the catch, this was REAL TIME!!!

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 1 2012, 06:58 AM) *
We're watching the game, the Eagles give up (yet another) TD pass--no matter how good our defense plays we still seem to give up TD passes when we give up scores--and when Cruz catches the ball in the endzone NBC starts playing salsa music. WTF!!?? We're not talking when they were going into a commercial and replaying the catch, this was REAL TIME!!!

NBC is based in NY
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 1 2012, 06:58 AM) *

It's laughable to suggest that the national sports media is anything other than blatantly anti-Philly, and pro-NY for the most part. It doesn't bother me that they played the salsa music.

Cruz is on my fantasy team, but honestly, I wish a coach would send some 3rd-string defensive lineman to spear him in the kneecaps next time he does the salsa dance.
Pbfan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Oct 1 2012, 09:05 AM) *
NBC is based in NY

And people seemed obsessed with his stupid salsa gimmick. I think it's pretty gay. Ok we get it, you come from a Hispanic country that has salsa dancing... What a homo
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Oct 1 2012, 09:05 AM) *
NBC is based in NY

Like when Collinsworth talked about how great a Philly cheesesteak is....Michaels said (kind of under his breath)
"Gimme a NY Strip anytime."
D Rock
The league has a hard on for the Latino market. Blatant ass sucking from the league. You can almost hear goodel suggesting the idea.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 09:55 AM) *
The league has a hard on for the Latino market. Blatant ass sucking from the league. You can almost hear goodel suggesting the idea.

That's interesting and I hadn't thought about it. You can't really blame them though. It's likely the largest untapped market in the US.

Once they secure the hispanic male market, they'll probably start hosting quinceaneras at Cowboys stadium.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2012, 02:58 PM) *
That's interesting and I hadn't thought about it. You can't really blame them though. It's likely the largest untapped market in the US.

Once they secure the hispanic male market, they'll probably start hosting quinceaneras at Cowboys stadium.

Here in L.A. it's a constant barrage of Spanish promos on just about every media outlet. But soccer is so deeply embedded into the culture that to say its an uphill battle would be under stating it greatly.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Here in L.A. it's a constant barrage of Spanish promos on just about every media outlet. But soccer is so deeply embedded into the culture that to say its an uphill battle would be under stating it greatly.

I'm in Austin and would expect to see the same, but I can't say that's the case. This town is almost exclusively Longhorn focused though, so maybe Dallas and Houston are a different story.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 11:05 AM) *

So even after being exposed to football they still prefer soccer? Makes no sense. Soccer is gay.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 1 2012, 12:26 PM) *
So even after being exposed to football they still prefer soccer? Makes no sense. Soccer is gay.

In their defense, the rules of soccer take literally no time to understand. Make ball go in net. Don't use hands expect that one guy.

Understanding the rules and intricacies of football takes time. Most hispanic people are hard working. They don't have time to bullshit on an internet forum talking about whether eating more lettuce would contribute to Andy Reid committing to the run.
HOUSEoPAIN
In their defense, the rules of soccer take literally no time to understand. Make ball go in net. Don't use hands expect that one guy.

Understanding the rules and intricacies of football takes time. Most hispanic people are hard working.

Really? Have you ever considered running for office? You pander and patronize like the most seasoned of politicians.

'Yeah, those stupid Hispanics spend way too much time cutting my grass and washing my car to be able to understand how the complicated sport of foozeball works'

They don't have time to bullshit on an internet forum talking about whether eating more lettuce would contribute to Andy Reid committing to the run.

I promise you they have the same bullshit back-and-forths we do about Rafael Marquez.
mcnabbulous
I was primarily being facetious, but if you don't think soccer is unbelievably popular due to the simplicity, you're fooling yourself.

Anyone can watch a game or pickup a ball and play and have it figured out in no time.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 1 2012, 02:21 PM) *
I promise you they have the same bullshit back-and-forths we do about Rafael Marquez.

But we are discussing football. There is strategy involved. What are you gonna say about soccer? "Our coach should tell our players to kick it into the net instead of not kicking it into the net".

Stupid sport. It's anti American.
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 1 2012, 01:26 PM) *

That right there is funny...and true!

LMAO!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.