Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Props to Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
One of the best games I've seen him have as an eagle.

Managed the game, made a few plays here and there. Was accurate and effective. Only had one pass that I thought he shouldn't have thrown. Really liked that he didn't do something stupid with the ball on 3rd and goal at the end of the game.

Andy called a good, no check that, great game.

Namdi, I'm still not sold on, tho.
Reality Fan
I thought he threw 3 balls that had me scratching my head but he did a pretty decent job...even with Maclin just being there and not much else...
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 30 2012, 11:45 PM) *

Managed the game, made a few plays here and there. Was accurate and effective. Only had one pass that I thought he shouldn't have thrown. Really liked that he didn't do something stupid with the ball on 3rd and goal at the end of the game.

that one dirtball off a (good) playfake, a ball that seemed to go OB (but in the general area of Giants defenders), and there was one other one that looked real close.

0 turnovers.

I didn't like PA on 3rd and 11 with Vick's back turned, which could have been TD to D-Jax from shotgun.
Didn't like the run to Damaris Johnson.
Really kind of wish they had done QB draw on 3rd and goal instead of WTF they did to get that FG.

HATED calling a timeout on what would have been the goahead FG for the Giants.

but overall... I loved that Andy THREW THAT BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS.

It helped Vick, it helped the team.

They need to get in the endzone, but it was a tough win against a tough team.
D Rock
He threw into triple coverage but got lucky and hit the lb in the back. I have him at 2 bad throws and 1 bad read. Great game for MV. Coaching stuck w run after a terrible first half rushing. Great game for coaching.

My problem w this game was refs. They abused namdi in the 4 th. and for collinsworthless to call the OPI "questionable" was laughable. I cant stomach his anti Philly bias

Good game.

3 wins by a combined 4 points. Cardiologists are lickin their chops.
BirdsWinBaby

+1
md717
Dammit. Took a pain pill and had one drink before the game and passed out. Missed the whole damn thing. Oh well. It's not like beating the Giants is rare these days. smile.gif
CT_Eagle
Even though this game was another nail-biter I enjoyed it a whole let more than the first 3.

The playcalling was great. I have not looked up the stats but it seemed like a good pass/run ratio and Andy's playcalling adjusted with the ebb and flow of the game. As pointed out upthread he did not abandon the run after the first half and it paid huge dividends in the second half.

Vick was decisive and for the most part those decisions were good. He released the ball quickly and accurately. He also threw the ball away or took the sack instead of taken foolish risks, all while maintaining the threat of breaking off a big run. Huge improvement over the first three games.

The OL looked pretty good especially in the second half when they were able to assert themselves through the run game. If I recall correctly Vick was not sacked until the 3rd quarter and I never got the sense that Vick felt he was under as much pressure as he did the first three games.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 1 2012, 08:08 AM) *
or took the sack instead of taken foolish risks

Actually, we only took two sacks for 10 yards all game. One of which being on that 3rd and goal, where Vicks intention was to take a sack after the first two reads.

The fact that we weren't taking sacks, nor having offensive line penalties (we only had one) allowed us to stay in manageable second and third down opportunities. Thus increasing the likelihood of running the ball.

It all works together.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Actually, we only took two sacks for 10 yards all game. One of which being on that 3rd and goal, where Vicks intention was to take a sack after the first two reads.

The fact that we weren't taking sacks, nor having offensive line penalties (we only had one) allowed us to stay in manageable second and third down opportunities. Thus increasing the likelihood of running the ball.

It all works together.

100% agreement. The unholy trinity found some religion last night. biggrin.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2012, 02:08 PM) *

It all works together.

No dumbass. Andy (who wasn't even calling plays) obviously read this board and changed his ways. rolleyes.gif

I wonder where we've been hearing this idea that success on first down helps keep play calling balanced.

Seriously though, u gotta credit them for sticking w the run through that horrible first quarter and half.
Dr. Claw

Also, Nnamdi had me grumbling, but overall, he did do what he was brought in to do: bump and run while the pass rushers forced Eli into hurried throws.

the safeties, however -- they bit on the run fake every time, and that one time that Eli had to start from behind the 20 he puts on the best drive of the game because of it.

Brandon Hughes looked real good in relief of Nnamdi.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 09:50 AM) *
Seriously though, u gotta credit them for sticking w the run through that horrible first quarter and half.

I was pleasantly surprised by it, no doubt. It was a well coached/played offensive game. They never seemed to panic.

I hope we see more of that Vick moving forward.
Eyrie
Much better all round effort, including Vick. I wonder how much of that was down to better playcalling, but I loved the three consecutive run attempts on first and goal. May not have got in but it showed a more flexible attitude.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.