Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kevin Kolb and the Cards
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
Kolb just led nice drive to tie the game up in Arizona. I really hope we don't regret trading him in a few seasons.
D Rock
It'll come down to how Foles developes.

There's little doubting the growing mountain of evidence that Vick is still a terrible quarterback after all these years.

All things being equal, I'd take Kolb today over Vick in a heartbeat. Kolb will never wow you. But Vick has had 2 (TWO) turn over free games for us in his last 25 starts. In those 25 starts he has 36 turnovers (27 ints and 9 lost fumbles).

Chosing that reality over a retarded gorilla with a chronic masterbation problem (I'm looking at you house-of-lame) would be a mistake.
koolaidluke
Honestly, Kolb might be MORE injury prone than Vick.

Given the evidence available at the time, it made sense to keep Vick and trade Kolb. I don't recall anybody clamoring to go with Kolb back then.

I like Kolb and am rooting for him. Will be forever grateful to him for signalling the end of the McNabb era. Still not a believer though.

Plus, we got a great CB and a 2nd rounder out of that trade. It was a good deal.
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 30 2012, 11:22 PM) *
Honestly, Kolb might be MORE injury prone than Vick.

Given the evidence available at the time, it made sense to keep Vick and trade Kolb. I don't recall anybody clamoring to go with Kolb back then.

I like Kolb and am rooting for him. Will be forever grateful to him for signalling the end of the McNabb era. Still not a believer though.

Plus, we got a great CB and a 2nd rounder out of that trade. It was a good deal.

It was a no brainer at the time. Sadly, Vick's play in early 2010 was a fluke. Since november 2010 he's been simply aweful.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 07:20 PM) *
It'll come down to how Foles developes.

There's little doubting the growing mountain of evidence that Vick is still a terrible quarterback after all these years.

All things being equal, I'd take Kolb today over Vick in a heartbeat. Kolb will never wow you. But Vick has had 2 (TWO) turn over free games for us in his last 25 starts. In those 25 starts he has 36 turnovers (27 ints and 9 lost fumbles).

Chosing that reality over a retarded gorilla with a chronic masterbation problem (I'm looking at you house-of-lame) would be a mistake.

I'll be shocked if Vick makes it through the season, and it won't be because Andy pulls him for poor play, it will be because of the beatings he is taking week in and week out.

Kolb should still be here as the starting QB. Or at least he should have been given a legitimate shot at it, which he wasn't.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 30 2012, 07:26 PM) *
I'll be shocked if Vick makes it through the season, and it won't be because Andy pulls him for poor play, it will be because of the beatings he is taking week in and week out.

Kolb should still be here as the starting QB. Or at least he should have been given a legitimate shot at it, which he wasn't.

that is the funny thing of the sudden Vick sucks" surge.........while he has played poorly a big factor of that is that terrible protection he has gotten since he took the reins.......while Peters was a stud the rest of the line has been a work in progress pass blocking......and all you have to do is watch the tapes......for small portions they gel and create a pocket but for wide stretches they alternate on who gets beat and beat badly

and Kolb is one hit away from playing turtle....again....if Vick falls or falters it has to be on to new blood...Kolb is no long term answer anywhere.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2012, 11:31 PM) *
that is the funny thing of the sudden Vick sucks" surge.........while he has played poorly a big factor of that is that terrible protection he has gotten since he took the reins.......while Peters was a stud the rest of the line has been a work in progress pass blocking......and all you have to do is watch the tapes......for small portions they gel and create a pocket but for wide stretches they alternate on who gets beat and beat badly

Only 2 turn over free games in his last 25 starts.

-nuf said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.