Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: now I get it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
I have had a revelation........lol.........They are throwing so much so that Vick gets hurt.........and then a switch to Foles is not their fault and a desired result without direct culpability....it is genius on their part....they get what they want with plausible deniability..........genius....... blah.gif laugh.gif blah.gif
nephillymike
Andy and Marty are like two alcoholics who are at a function at a bar.

Each initially there to support the other in a difficult situation.

After a few minutes, each is justifying to the other why it is OK to have another beer.

And a few minutes later, each are busting the other's chops for being a light weight and not drinking enough.

For instance,

They go into a game planning meeting against a team with a great pass rush, that blitzes a lot, (our QB's weakness) without our best WR and with two makeshift (at best) starters on our OL, with a top five RB on our side.

They are there to support each other in an effort to come up with a more balanced effective game plan, knowing that each of them, if left alone, would prolly succomb to their passoholic tendencies.

An hour later after drafting 25 passing plays out of the first 30 plays (I know they only draft first 15 or so but play along), they are one upping each other with yet another reason to remove that fifth run and replace it with another empty backfield, play action pass (yes, they did that) five step drop, balls to the wall aggressive coaching call trying to get the ball down field to that superstar midget WR Demarious Jackson (sp and name check?), while we rest Shady so he has some runs left during that stretch of out of the playoff games after stupidity elminiates us from playoff contention again.

I know therapy, comfy couch, lie down etc.!

Why do I have the feeling that the Eagles find a way, stupidity and all to pull a rabbit out and beat the well rested Super Bowl Champion NYG.

Who is the NYG punter THIS year? The sideline is your enemy. The sideline is your enemy. biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
I remember after the Patriots won their first SB, Belichick admitted that Brady was the better QB in the preseason/practice, despite the fact that he stuck with Bledsoe. He got lucky with the Bledsoe injury. It truly changed his fate as a coach.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 03:37 PM) *
I remember after the Patriots won their first SB, Belichick admitted that Brady was the better QB in the preseason/practice, despite the fact that he stuck with Bledsoe. He got lucky with the Bledsoe injury. It truly changed his fate as a coach.

The Patriots won their SB's primarily on the HC ability to scheme and game plan. One of Belicheats best characteristics is his willingness to change and adapt throughout a game. Combine that with a stout defense and very good special teams, you'll find Brady was really just a game manager.

His fate as a coach was changed once he decided to exploit Brady's skills and become an offensive juggernaut.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 02:58 PM) *
The Patriots won their SB's primarily on the HC ability to scheme and game plan. One of Belicheats best characteristics is his willingness to change and adapt throughout a game. Combine that with a stout defense and very good special teams, you'll find Brady was really just a game manager.

His fate as a coach was changed once he decided to exploit Brady's skills and become an offensive juggernaut.

They were 0-2, including a loss to a shitty Bengals team when Bledsoe went down. That was after going 5-11 the previous season. While I don't disagree that Brady was a game manager in 2001, he was still Tom Brady. We just didn't know what that meant yet.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 04:12 PM) *
They were 0-2, including a loss to a shitty Bengals team when Bledsoe went down. That was after going 5-11 the previous season. While I don't disagree that Brady was a game manager in 2001, he was still Tom Brady. We just didn't know what that meant yet.

Why can't our coach have any luck with a QB like all these other lucky fucks who keep winning Super Bowls?!?!?! OH WHY?!?!? rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2012, 03:14 PM) *
Why can't our coach have any luck with a QB like all these other lucky fucks who keep winning Super Bowls?!?!?! OH WHY?!?!? rolleyes.gif

The fact that you can't see the correlation, is pathetically damning regarding your understanding of football.

Hmmm, lets think...
2010 Indianapolis Colts with Jim Caldwell at coach (10-6)
2011 Indianapolis Colts with Jim Caldwell at coach (2-14)

What was the difference there?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 04:19 PM) *
The fact that you can't see the correlation, is pathetically damning regarding your understanding of football.

Hmmm, lets think...
2010 Indianapolis Colts with Jim Caldwell at coach (10-6)
2011 Indianapolis Colts with Jim Caldwell at coach (2-14)

What was the difference there?

Obviously he ran the ball more in 2010, and adjusted in-game.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 04:12 PM) *

He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 06:04 PM) *
He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

The Reid apologist cannot comprehend obvious stats.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2012, 06:32 PM) *
The Reid apologist cannot comprehend obvious stats.

there you go again......you just can't help yourself......and you make Cassel sound like garbage....it took him a year to turn a dog shit KC team into A 10-6 playoff team.......or was that Belicheck also? or wasn't that so obvious?

Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2012, 07:14 PM) *
there you go again......you just can't help yourself......and you make Cassel sound like garbage....it took him a year to turn a dog shit KC team into A 10-6 playoff team.......or was that Belicheck also? or wasn't that so obvious?

...and it took him 1 year to come crashing back to earth....and the coach was shown the door....and a new philosophy waqs implemented...and he looks like dog shit this year
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 06:39 PM) *
...and it took him 1 year to come crashing back to earth....and the coach was shown the door....and a new philosophy waqs implemented...and he looks like dog shit this year

Yeah, funny how the first year a QB steps in, and defenses haven't had a chance to analyze their strengths and weaknesses, what they can do. Kind of reminds me of the 2010 Michael Vick.

Keep in mind, the team Cassel led to 11-5 had gone 16-0 the previous season.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 07:39 PM) *

it did? .....he actually started slow and then evened their record at 4-4 before injuring his hand and missing the rest of the season on IR......do you ever actually think before you type? Haley was fired because he was in first place until Cassel got hurt and then lost 3 of the next 4 because he had no real backup plan at QB and the Cheifs D he had gave up so many frickin points....and he was fired in December.........so he coached the majority of the season...so that "new philosophy" is this year.....if you want to be a smartass at least have a clue
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 08:02 PM) *
Yeah, funny how the first year a QB steps in, and defenses haven't had a chance to analyze their strengths and weaknesses, what they can do. Kind of reminds me of the 2010 Michael Vick.

Keep in mind, the team Cassel led to 11-5 had gone 16-0 the previous season.

Much like KC was 4-12 when he arrived and then they went 10-6.....no longer a first year QB
D Rock
Haley was also a card carrying dick which contributed to his ousting.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Haley was also a card carrying dick which contributed to his ousting.

with a capital D....lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 07:10 PM) *
Much like KC was 4-12 when he arrived and then they went 10-6.....no longer a first year QB

So wait, your argument was "Cassel sucks, but look what Belichick did with him" but has now turned into "Cassel was able to turn KC from a 4-12 team to a 10-6 team. He wasn't so bad!

Let me be clear here...

I think Cassel is a serviceable QB. But saying Belichick using the 11-5 record the Patriots had as proof that Belichick can win with anyone is a joke. They lost 5 more times than the previous season and didn't make the playoffs.

Without Brady, no one would consider Belichick a genius. Frankly, without spygate, I'm not sure anyone would either.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2012, 08:08 PM) *
it did? .....he actually started slow and then evened their record at 4-4 before injuring his hand and missing the rest of the season on IR......do you ever actually think before you type? Haley was fired because he was in first place until Cassel got hurt and then lost 3 of the next 4 because he had no real backup plan at QB and the Cheifs D he had gave up so many frickin points....and he was fired in December.........so he coached the majority of the season...so that "new philosophy" is this year.....if you want to be a smartass at least have a clue

Perhaps you should keep your fountain of lies and miscues to a minimum, that way people don't relish poking holes into your bullshit.

Todd Haley was fired Dec. 12 after a starting 5-8 start to the season. The Chiefs started out 0-3 and then improved to 4-3 before a four-game losing streak. Pioli fired Haley and promoted Crennel to interim head coach....and a new philosophy. whether that philosophy works or not still remains to be seen because they (Cassell included) look like shit this season.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 08:18 PM) *
So wait, your argument was "Cassel sucks, but look what Belichick did with him" but has now turned into "Cassel was able to turn KC from a 4-12 team to a 10-6 team. He wasn't so bad!

Let me be clear here...

I think Cassel is a serviceable QB. But saying Belichick using the 11-5 record the Patriots had as proof that Belichick can win with anyone is a joke. They lost 5 more times than the previous season and didn't make the playoffs.

Without Brady, no one would consider Belichick a genius. Frankly, without spygate, I'm not sure anyone would either.

Let me be clear here....
I think Cassel is/was overrated. He is decent at best. I think Belichick is a genius HC. I can't stand his face, or the franchise, but I can't dispute the obvious.

btw/ it's not just the QB position that he is able to fill and keep chugging along it's just about every position on offense and defense. As long as they are willing to embrace his philosophy he'll make them a winner.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 07:34 PM) *
btw/ it's not just the QB position that he is able to fill and keep chugging along it's just about every position on offense and defense. As long as they are willing to embrace his philosophy he'll make them a winner.

NOOOOOO. Brady is the constant. That's what makes them the team that can go to the SB every 2-3 years. How you can't see that is beyond me. The rest of the team is certainly decent, but he is what makes them great.

Belichick was 5-13 before Brady became his full-time QB in New England. Cassel was able to do decently there because of the other players and having a target like Moss.

Belichick is obviously a good coach. He would be nothing special without Brady.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Perhaps you should keep your fountain of lies and miscues to a minimum, that way people don't relish poking holes into your bullshit.

Todd Haley was fired Dec. 12 after a starting 5-8 start to the season. The Chiefs started out 0-3 and then improved to 4-3 before a four-game losing streak. Pioli fired Haley and promoted Crennel to interim head coach....and a new philosophy. whether that philosophy works or not still remains to be seen because they (Cassell included) look like shit this season.

please tell me where I lied? I said Haley was fired in Dec and he coached 13 games that season...and only an idiot would think that a new offensive philosophy would be put in place for the last 3 games....and I also said that Cassel went 4-4 before getting hurt...and at 4-3 they were in first place at the time....are you that stupid that you missed all that?

Now tell me where I lied......or just admit you have no clue....wow....I had a feeling you were not the sharpest knife in the drawer but you did not need to prove it...
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 08:43 PM) *
NOOOOOO. Brady is the constant. That's what makes them the team that can go to the SB every 2-3 years. How you can't see that is beyond me. The rest of the team is certainly decent, but he is what makes them great.

Belichick was 5-13 before Brady became his full-time QB in New England. Cassel was able to do decently there because of the other players and having a target like Moss.

Belichick is obviously a good coach. He would be nothing special without Brady.

that's your opinion....even if it's wrong.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2012, 09:08 PM) *
please tell me where I lied? I said Haley was fired in Dec and he coached 13 games that season...and only an idiot would think that a new offensive philosophy would be put in place for the last 3 games....and I also said that Cassel went 4-4 before getting hurt...and at 4-3 they were in first place at the time....are you that stupid that you missed all that?

Now tell me where I lied......or just admit you have no clue....wow....I had a feeling you were not the sharpest knife in the drawer but you did not need to prove it...

you said

.he actually started slow and then evened their record at 4-4 before injuring his hand and missing the rest of the season on IR

The only truth in that statement is that he injured his hand. They were 4-5 when he went down for the rest of the season. so you lied earlier and you decided to lie again in your reply. Also, they went on a 4 game losing streak not 3 as you also lied about.

only an idiot would think that a new offensive philosophy would be put in place for the last 3 games

only an idiot wouldn't understand that with a new coach comes a new philosophy. how quickly that is implemented is another debate, but if you think 2 different people hold the same exact opinion on how things should run....you my friend are the King of Fools.

perhaps you have a friend on the team who told you different...or maybe Crennel consulted with you when he was making decisions. either way you're full of it.

I am disappointed in myself for stooping to your level with the name calling and the innuendos. however, your attempt at bullying people into your opinion is pathetic and I saw no other recourse than to respond in a juvenile manner hoping that you would be able to understand that much. for sake of the integrity of the site, what say we call a truce and drop the argument until you can respond without slandering others.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 09:59 PM) *
that's your opinion....even if it's wrong.

Yes, mediocre coach in Cleveland. 5-13 in New England until Bledsoe got hurt. And I'm wrong.

I bet you thought Charlie Weiss was an offensive genius too? And McDaniel? And O'Brien? Oh wait, McDaniel's a genius again!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 11:16 PM) *
you said

The only truth in that statement is that he injured his hand. They were 4-5 when he went down for the rest of the season. so you lied earlier and you decided to lie again in your reply. Also, they went on a 4 game losing streak not 3 as you also lied about.

only an idiot wouldn't understand that with a new coach comes a new philosophy. how quickly that is implemented is another debate, but if you think 2 different people hold the same exact opinion on how things should run....you my friend are the King of Fools.

perhaps you have a friend on the team who told you different...or maybe Crennel consulted with you when he was making decisions. either way you're full of it.

I am disappointed in myself for stooping to your level with the name calling and the innuendos. however, your attempt at bullying people into your opinion is pathetic and I saw no other recourse than to respond in a juvenile manner hoping that you would be able to understand that much. for sake of the integrity of the site, what say we call a truce and drop the argument until you can respond without slandering others.

wow...you really are not that bright are you....he was 4-4 before getting hurt in the 9th game against Denver....he did not finish the game......now follow this....I will type slow because you are obviously an idiot......I said they lost 3 of the next 4 games after Cassel got hurt, there was no back up plan at QB and Tyler Palko started and they lost 3 of the next 4 games their back up started......got that...do you need the teams they played....

now on to the rest of your idiocy.....you are right ....I am sure Romeo Crennel....offense genius brought in his own philosophy and implemented it in 3 days.....how could I miss that....are you serious?....can you be that stupid?....sorry....silly question...

and I don't bully people...I presented facts and you countered them with silliness......but now I see why so many folks here think you are the village idiot......lol....Romeo's offense...learn it is 3 days and away we go.....yes...that was genius....
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Yes, mediocre coach in Cleveland. 5-13 in New England until Bledsoe got hurt. And I'm wrong.

I bet you thought Charlie Weiss was an offensive genius too? And McDaniel? And O'Brien? Oh wait, McDaniel's a genius again!

Brady replaced Bledsoe and they won games.....Bledsoe replaces Brady and they win the afc championship....Brady replaces Bledsoe and they win the Superbowl. If you replace Brady's name with X and Bledsoe's with Y...you can see the basic calculation.

You already admitted Brady was nothing more than a game manager in their SB years. What you don't admit is hat Brady was a Belichick boy, while Bledsoe was a hold over from the Parcells regime. Belicheat had to make it work with Brady, so the play book shrunk and he leaned on the defense and special teams to make a substantial impact in games. He had a QB to mold. The luck came much later on when Brady emerged as a star in the later years. Those superbowls, however, are a product of Belicheats genius.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 1 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Brady replaced Bledsoe and they won games.....Bledsoe replaces Brady and they win the afc championship....Brady replaces Bledsoe and they win the Superbowl. If you replace Brady's name with X and Bledsoe's with Y...you can see the basic calculation.

You already admitted Brady was nothing more than a game manager in their SB years. What you don't admit is hat Brady was a Belichick boy, while Bledsoe was a hold over from the Parcells regime. Belicheat had to make it work with Brady, so the play book shrunk and he leaned on the defense and special teams to make a substantial impact in games. He had a QB to mold. The luck came much later on when Brady emerged as a star in the later years. Those superbowls, however, are a product of Belicheats genius.

except Bledsoe relieving Brady against the Steelers had the special team scoring the TDs with a punt return and a blocked FG return for a score.......Bledsoe threw 1 td and played well enough to win but did not do anything special....and for the record, calling Brady just a game manager is a little bizarre, whoever said it. 5 sb appearance, 3 wins and 2 MVPs.....not to mention all the 4th quarter comebacks and late drives.........and ridiculous QB ratings and virtually every metric.......the guy is a stud...plain and simple

and his SB in 2001....the game winning drive from his own 15 with no timeouts and 81 seconds left....that was not Belichcheck...and he did it again 2 years later except he threw for 354 yds and 3 tds and again had a game winning drive for a FG that won another SB...again...Brady...not Belicheck .....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 11:07 PM) *

No, they won the AFC Championship game because they were playing Kordell Stewart. Brady also played in that game and threw for more yards than Bledsoe.

You already admitted Brady was nothing more than a game manager in their SB years.

Uh, no. I didn't say that. I said that the first year, he was a game manager. But he was also Tom Brady. We didn't realize it was special at the time. Now it's obvious that it was. The final drive of the SB that year made it pretty apparent at the time.

Even in 2001, his advanced passing completion percentage was well above league average (117). The highest McNabb ever had was 115.

What you don't admit is hat Brady was a Belichick boy, while Bledsoe was a hold over from the Parcells regime.

Brady was a 6th round pick. He wasn't anyone's "boy." He was a fluke.

Belicheat had to make it work with Brady, so the play book shrunk and he leaned on the defense and special teams to make a substantial impact in games. He had a QB to mold. The luck came much later on when Brady emerged as a star in the later years. Those superbowls, however, are a product of Belicheats genius.

Belichick is a very good defensive coach. Are you really going to credit him with the development of Brady? Whatever fit's your story, man.

Those SB's are a product of having a QB that put up these stats:
71 - 108 (65%) 735 yards 6TDs 1INT

Phits
To be clear....Brady was a game manager. Brady is a stud QB. They won 3 SB's on the backs of their D and Special Teams. Once Belicheat let him loose, he broke out of the game manager mold and showed us all what he is capable of. However, they haven't won a SB since he became Tom Terrific and the team became more offense orientated.

For those that think Belicheat is just a good coach who got lucky, stop fooling yourselves.
mcnabbulous
I love how you call him Belicheat, but fail to mention how they haven't won a SB since he got caught, you know, cheating.
The 2003 version of Tom Brady was much more than a game manager, including the 350+ yards he threw for in the SB.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2012, 12:43 AM) *
I love how you call him Belicheat, but fail to mention how they haven't won a SB since he got caught, you know, cheating.
The 2003 version of Tom Brady was much more than a game manager, including the 350+ yards he threw for in the SB.

I can't stand the man, franchise, and QB ....but I have to give Jack his jacket he is a great HC.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 1 2012, 12:36 AM) *
To be clear....Brady was a game manager. Brady is a stud QB. They won 3 SB's on the backs of their D and Special Teams. Once Belicheat let him loose, he broke out of the game manager mold and showed us all what he is capable of. However, they haven't won a SB since he became Tom Terrific and the team became more offense orientated.

For those that think Belicheat is just a good coach who got lucky, stop fooling yourselves.

while the 2001 win was 20-17.....Brady did have the late game heroics to get them close enough with no TOs to get the FG but the D played well.......in 2003 however the SB was 32-29....not exactly a defensive gem and we all know what happened in 04...and he became "Tom Terrific" because of what he had done.......

that being said....Brady is an awesome QB and he had a direct hand in winning several SBs but Belicheck is still a great coach, plain and simple, on that we agree........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.