Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Uh-Oh" Stats
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Passer Rating vs. the Blitz:
Vick: 59.3
Eliza Manning: 114.8

Since week 12 of 2010, Vick has started 25 games as an eagle. Of those 25, only 2 (two) were turn over free. In those 23 other starts, he has 27 interceptions and has lost 9 fumbles (36 TOs in 23 games).

Shockingly bad quarterbacking.

..........................................................................................

Regarding LeSean and not getting his number called on Sundays...

Apparently, McCoy is on pace for more carries and more yards than he had last season when he was forth in yards and seventh in attempts for the whole league.
Reality Fan
there is a little fluff in his carries though.......against Cleveland they ran well over 80 plays...........and he still had only 20 carries and that was because Vick would have torn a rotator cuff if he threw anymore......Baltimore was a lot of carries and then Arizona was a meager 13.........

for reference...after 3 games last year he had 57 carries...1 behind this year
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 29 2012, 05:34 PM) *

Apparently, McCoy is on pace for more carries and more yards than he had last season when he was forth in yards and seventh in attempts for the whole league. Run Andy Run.

That's pretty telling to me. If we had a bigger back (i.e., one who could take more punishment) I'd say pound that rock, baby! Seventh in attempts and fourth in yards says a lot about Shady as a runner, and I don't want to run him into the ground, but I'd still like to see him used more. Like another thread here, I'd like to see the screen used more. It seems like it's always dump-offs killing us on D.

Does it seem like Shady's YPC is maybe as high as it is in part because we pass so much? I don't want to encourage Andy, or get e-yelled at, but it seems at least possible.unsure.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 29 2012, 06:34 PM) *

Apparently, McCoy is on pace for more carries and more yards than he had last season when he was forth in yards and seventh in attempts for the whole league. Run Andy Run.

We beat a legit SB contender when he got 25 carries (and no, obviously they weren't running it to end the game). He got 20 carries against the Browns, most of them late which allowed us to finally move the ball. And we got slaughtered last week when he had 13 carries.....

We're 4-0 when he gets 25 carries - 5-9 the last couple years when he doesn't. For everyone who likes to tout Reid's winning percentage as justification for giving him a lifetime contract, certainly this jumps out at you?

Any other ridiculous points you wanna make in your quest to justify your worship of the Walrus?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 29 2012, 09:25 PM) *
We beat a legit SB contender when he got 25 carries (and no, obviously they weren't running it to end the game). He got 20 carries against the Browns, most of them late which allowed us to finally move the ball. And we got slaughtered last week when he had 13 carries.....

We're 4-0 when he gets 25 carries - 5-9 the last couple years when he doesn't. For everyone who likes to tout Reid's winning percentage as justification for giving him a lifetime contract, certainly this jumps out at you?

Any other ridiculous points you wanna make in your quest to justify your worship of the Walrus?

can you please point out who and when a post appeared asking to give Reid a lifetime contract?.......I don't think anyone here does not critique Reid or hold him accountable......don't mistake post that refute idiotic statements about the guy for carte blanche exemptions for his performance......he is and has to be accountable and if he was let go after last season I think most if not all here would have understood why. I merely point out that as a head coach he was a good one....if his time is up and they decide to go another way it will be his own fault and I am pretty sure everyone on this board will know why. No one here ignores Reid's shortcomings.....we just don't wildly exaggerate them or his strengths to make a point.(well, most don't)

and if you want a good stat...they are 9-1 when he has 20 carries.......but I am curious....I went back over the last 2 seasons......and they are actually 15-13 (regular season including 3 games this year)when he gets less than 25 carries......where did you cut off your "couple of years", I figured 2 is a couple......last year was a lost year in many ways......hell, Vince young played a bunch of games.....I am guessing you just used last year because it made your point look better?

In the end they have to balance protecting him for later in the season with winning now and giving Brown more carries would go a long way....not playing Brown because he fumbled could retard his confidence and growth and that kid could be a good one.....
HOUSEoPAIN
can you please point out who and when a post appeared asking to give Reid a lifetime contract?

Some people absolutely refuse to give him any more than mild criticism. I also wasn't responding to you.

and if you want a good stat...they are 9-1 when he has 20 carries.......but I am curious....I went back over the last 2 seasons......and they are actually 15-13 (regular season including 3 games this year)when he gets less than 25 carries......where did you cut off your "couple of years", I figured 2 is a couple......last year was a lost year in many ways......hell, Vince young played a bunch of games.....I am guessing you just used last year because it made your point look better?

The point was made that he was on pace for more carries than last year - I cut off at 2011 because in 2010 he received just over 200 carries, when last year he had 270+
Certainly you're not suggesting that 9-1 isn't an entire different universe than 15-13? Going 9-1 in the NFL as opposed to 15-13 based on any stat is something worth looking into as a head coach. I know when Westbrook was here there were some insane stats regarding our record related to his carries, but I forget.

In the end they have to balance protecting him for later in the season with winning now and giving Brown more carries would go a long way....not playing Brown because he fumbled could retard his confidence and growth and that kid could be a good one.....

I could care less how they mix and match RBs, but I think we should constantly be around 25 carries a game total, not including Vick scrambles. Also, instead the same old result we're headed to (again) using the same old shit, personally I would rather we do something that is proven to work, even if it puts him at greater risk. After all, Vick is always one play away from death this year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 29 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Some people absolutely refuse to give him any more than mild criticism. I also wasn't responding to you.

The point was made that he was on pace for more carries than last year - I cut off at 2011 because in 2010 he received just over 200 carries, when last year he had 270+
Certainly you're not suggesting that 9-1 isn't an entire different universe than 15-13? Going 9-1 in the NFL as opposed to 15-13 based on any stat is something worth looking into as a head coach. I know when Westbrook was here there were some insane stats regarding our record related to his carries, but I forget.

I could care less how they mix and match RBs, but I think we should constantly be around 25 carries a game total, not including Vick scrambles. Also, instead the same old result we're headed to (again) using the same old shit, personally I would rather we do something that is proven to work, even if it puts him at greater risk. After all, Vick is always one play away from death this year.

and while you may not have been talking to me I merely point out that for some here, and from some of your posts I must include you, any time someone disagrees with an over the top critique they are labeled as a blind apologist...

and 9-1 is a terrific stat but concern with over using him early is also very justifiable.....he was seriously worn down the 2nd half of the season and his y/a clearly show that....and the Westbrook experience correctly has them concerned.....neither guys is built like a tank. That is why it is important to find a 2nd back but finding one that can play is the trick. The trick with Shady should follow the Westbrook mold with a good mix of runs and short passes where he is out in space and does not take the beating between the tackles, and right now we can and probably will replace Vick after the season but it is hard to find another rb like McCoy.
samaroo
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2012, 12:00 AM) *
it is hard to find another rb like McCoy.

I was saying the same thing about Westy at the end. Westbrook followed by McCoy should be lauded as great draft picks by Andy, that's for sure. Maybe he's a RB genius, and not a QB one...
koolaidluke
I think how terrible we are at blitz pickup makes Vick seem worse against the blitz than he is.

I don't get why Sheli is so good against the blitz. Maybe because they use a lot of max protect.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 30 2012, 11:29 AM) *
I think how terrible we are at blitz pickup makes Vick seem worse against the blitz than he is.

I don't get why Sheli is so good against the blitz. Maybe because they use a lot of max protect.

I think the thing to remember here is that NY relies more on their front four putting pressure on the QB than the blitz. They may default to that just out of habit which would work to Vick's advantage.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2012, 02:25 AM) *

awe. Somebody has a hurty pussy. Numbers don't lie, asshat.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 06:21 PM) *

0. That's the only number at this point that matters. Zero SB's to show for all of his "greatness".
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 06:21 PM) *

It's ok honey - go apply some vagisil to yourself, and check back in later. 9-1 - you're right, numbers don't lie asshat. This is where Reid-fellatio borders on dementia.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 10:27 PM) *
0. That's the only number at this point that matters. Zero SB's to show for all of his "greatness".

Who's greatness, genius? Did I mention Reid anywhere in this thread? I believe the stat I offered was about Shady.

I'm beginning to think you got yerself a secret chubby for the fat ass.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2012, 10:31 PM) *
It's ok honey - go apply some vagisil to yourself, and check back in later. 9-1 - you're right, numbers don't lie asshat. This is where Reid-fellatio borders on dementia.

LOL

You're the dip shit who made the thread about Reid. I never mentioned the object of your manluv.

Curious that you and your ass buddy Phits decided to make the thread all about him, no?
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 07:14 PM) *
Who's greatness, genius? Did I mention Reid anywhere in this thread? I believe the stat I offered was about Shady.

I'm beginning to think you got yerself a secret chubby for the fat ass.

I could give a rats ass about any other numbers. The only one that matters is "0". Shady could rush for 5000 yards, but if that 0 doesn't turn into 1 "I don't gives a fuuuuuu*k"
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 11:32 PM) *
I could give a rats ass about any other numbers. The only one that matters is "0". Shady could rush for 5000 yards, but if that 0 doesn't turn into 1 "I don't gives a fuuuuuu*k"

I'm just trying to figure out why you made this thread about Andy? Me thinks thou doeth protest to much...

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 07:35 PM) *
I'm just trying to figure out why you made this thread about Andy? Me thinks thou doeth protest to much...

I thought this thread was about "uh-oh" stats? I think 0 Superbowls is an "uh-oh" stat. Me thinks thou doth not care enough
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2012, 11:46 PM) *
I thought this thread was about "uh-oh" stats? I think 0 Superbowls is an "uh-oh" stat. Me thinks thou doth not care enough

It's football dude. Take a phuqing queleude will ya?
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 07:57 PM) *
It's football dude. Take a phuqing queleude will ya?

easy tiger don't get your panties in a bunch
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 30 2012, 12:29 PM) *

Among other things. The Giants were max-protecting all the way on that drive at the end of the 1st half in the SNF game that got them 3.

Shady is great at a lot of things, but he SUX at blitz pickup. B-West was better. Eagles in general are bad at that.

I think the Giants have better audibles within their packages as well. Eli has a lot of hot routes designed to let him get the ball out of his hands more quickly.

Again, the Eagles stepped up the game in that regard tonight as well. Vick had a lot of throws where he got rid of it almost immediately, if not shorter routes to get rid of the ball.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2012, 07:14 PM) *
Curious that you and your ass buddy Phits decided to make the thread all about him, no?

Because Vick's performance is often tied to Andy, a point we're constantly and patiently trying to explain to the dim-set on this board (i.e., you)
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 1 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Because Vick's performance is often tied to Andy, a point we're constantly and patiently trying to explain to the dim-set on this board (i.e., you)

And what we dim folk are tryin to explain to explain to the 'tard set (read: you) that it's a two way street.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 09:44 AM) *
And what we dim folk are tryin to explain to explain to the 'tard set (read: you) that it's a two way street.

wub.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 10:44 AM) *

10-1 with 20 carries. 15-13 with less. Vick: no turnovers.

Yeah, it's tough to figure this one out.

D Rock
Apparently.

rolleyes.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 1 2012, 11:36 AM) *
Apparently.

rolleyes.gif

wub.gif

At least 13 more weeks of this to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.