Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tomorrow night's game is about one thing...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
Honoring Brian Dawkins. I cannot begin to describe how pissed I will be if the Eagles turn in anything but a top notched, passionate performance on the night that Brian Dawkins is being honored. He was the heart and sole of this team for over a decade.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 29 2012, 12:33 PM) *
Honoring Brian Dawkins. I cannot begin to describe how pissed I will be if the Eagles turn in anything but a top notched, passionate performance on the night that Brian Dawkins is being honored. He was the heart and sole of this team for over a decade.

ehhh...I think/hope you mean "soul".

And, uh, get ready to be pissed. Dawkins isn't suiting up, but MV is.....And we still have the same brain trust on the sidelines....Look at it this way, one more loss brings us that much closer to 8 and bye-bye Mr. Reid.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Sep 29 2012, 05:52 PM) *
ehhh...I think/hope you mean "soul".

And, uh, get ready to be pissed. Dawkins isn't suiting up, but MV is.....And we still have the same brain trust on the sidelines....Look at it this way, one more loss brings us that much closer to 8 and bye-bye Mr. Reid.

BWAH! I cannot believe I wrote that.

They can get their eight losses elsewhere. I want a win for Dawkins.
koolaidluke
I want the Eagles to win, but even if the Eagles lose 50-0 I don't think it will take away from honoring BDawk. He's a hero to this city and it was a privilege to have him on our team for so many years.

I started following the Eagles in 98, and Dawkins' retirement got me thinking about players that really defined the Eagles for me. Guys I just loved and would continue to support even when/if they were on other teams.

Number one on the list is obviously Dawkins.
Second I'd probably put Duce.
Third would be Hugh
Fourth would be Tra Thomas
Fifth would be Runyan
Sixth would be Westbrook

I don't know if there is any guy on the team right now that I'd put in the same league as those guys as being "forever" type players. Not cause of the talent, I just don't know if any current eagle creates that kind of emotional attachment. I guess Trent Cole is probably the closest.
koolaidluke
Trotter should be on there too. My mistake.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 29 2012, 01:23 PM) *
BWAH! I cannot believe I wrote that.

They can get their eight losses elsewhere. I want a win for Dawkins.

a Rex Ryan slip?........lolololol
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 29 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Trotter should be on there too. My mistake.

We are really early in Ryan's career as an Eagle but so far I am loving his play.
Dreagon
I gotta admit, I've stocked up on chips, popcorn, and drinks for tomorrow night. I'm counting on you guys to sack Eli at least six or seven times. This ought to be an awesome game.
koolaidluke
Him and Kendricks have the ability and personality for it. It isn't just about ability, it's about personality.

Guys like Westbrook and Dawkins had a God like status amongst the fans. Nobody like that now but yeah I would say Ryans and Kendricks are the most likely.
SLOiggles
I do not want a repeat of the Reggie White tribute game. Honestly, I think that might have been one of the worst Eagles' losses I can recall. For Dawkins' number to be retired against a team that he had so many memorable plays against...I expect this team to come out with a bonfire lit under their butts.

Now..as for the offense..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.