Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm thinking Lurie has to be thinking about selling
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
Let's start passing the hat.
Reality Fan
you were dropped a lot as a child right?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Sep 27 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Let's start passing the hat.

Even though he's an heir who has never worked in his life, I doubt he's stupid enough to dump the billion dollar cash cow.
Dreagon
Selling a football team that consistently fills the stadium no matter how much they hate the coach? I don't see it.
Reality Fan
I am still trying to figure out how someone knows that "he never worked a day in his life"?

Was it even his idea to buy a floundering franchise and turn it into a billion dollar entity or was that "given" to him also?

funny stuff.....
make_it_rain

First this dipshit proclaims that Cox will never live up to his potential because he left a game early with a migraine...... now, presumably because he thinks the coach is overweight or they won't win a Super Bowl, he logically concludes that Lurie must be dying to sell the 7th most valuable team in the league, valued at over 1.2 billion, that has consistently increased in value, as well as consistently sells out games, regardless of team performance. Makes sense.

Strong logic you've got there, OP.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 28 2012, 11:30 AM) *
I am still trying to figure out how someone knows that "he never worked a day in his life"?

Was it even his idea to buy a floundering franchise and turn it into a billion dollar entity or was that "given" to him also?

funny stuff.....

Well, he managed to go from being an adjunct assistant professor of social policy to purchasing the franchise for about $195 million. So either he won 8 or 9 lotteries, or he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Also, anyone who worked on 'Inside Job' knows less about the business world than an 8-year old who has turned a profit on a lemonade stand.

I would give Lurie credit for hiring Joe Banner, and that's about it. Plus, we're comparing him to Norman Braman, the guy that wopuldn't even give Reggie White an offer to stay here.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 28 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Well, he managed to go from being an adjunct assistant professor of social policy to purchasing the franchise for about $195 million. So either he won 8 or 9 lotteries, or he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Also, anyone who worked on 'Inside Job' knows less about the business world than an 8-year old who has turned a profit on a lemonade stand.

I would give Lurie credit for hiring Joe Banner, and that's about it. Plus, we're comparing him to Norman Braman, the guy that wopuldn't even give Reggie White an offer to stay here.

I am sorry to disappoint you but.......he did not go from his professorship to owning the Eagles....
He founded Chestnut Hill Productions which I believe he still owns........and while he may not have blockbusters under the company name that is not where they made their bones....they ran productions of movies for the big boys....consider them a sub contractor.......and they do a lot of commercials........so he was the owner of a successful business entity for nearly 9 years prior to buying the Eagles. He gets some jabs for some b movies but that is not the big portion of their income....I know Bloomberg Business did a hit piece on him a long time ago but from everything I read they do very well behind the scenes...maybe D knows more....
Mr. Bonko
I'll look into getting a PAYPAL account established so you guys can start donating.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 28 2012, 11:33 AM) *
First this dipshit proclaims that Cox will never live up to his potential because he left a game early with a migraine...... now, presumably because he thinks the coach is overweight or they won't win a Super Bowl, he logically concludes that Lurie must be dying to sell the 7th most valuable team in the league, valued at over 1.2 billion, that has consistently increased in value, as well as consistently sells out games, regardless of team performance. Makes sense.

Strong logic you've got there, OP.

He is missing pratices due to these alleged migraines too.

Buy low sell high. We all know the organization is in decline. Profits follow on-field success. And we all know how that has been trending in recent years and will continue to trend as long as the red headed walrus is at the helm.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 28 2012, 11:54 AM) *
I am sorry to disappoint you but.......he did not go from his professorship to owning the Eagles....
He founded Chestnut Hill Productions which I believe he still owns........

Yes, I know he was born ito a wealthy family in show business. And once again, I fail to see how an assistant adjunct professor strikes it big in Hollywood without some dough. He hasn't made any blockbusters or done anything of note, yet his company still stands - people who do 'lots of commercials' don't end up with $200 million to blow on a franchise.

I don't know which is more pathetic - having to explain how Lurie isn't self-made, or explaining to that ignorant demented soul McNabbulous how it's Andy Reid's fault he's 'never had a QB' - which isn't true anyway of course.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 28 2012, 11:39 AM) *
I don't know which is more pathetic - having to explain how Lurie isn't self-made, or explaining to that ignorant demented soul McNabbulous how it's Andy Reid's fault he's 'never had a QB' - which isn't true anyway of course.

And yet you have no ability to contest any of the points I have made...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 28 2012, 12:39 PM) *
Yes, I know he was born ito a wealthy family in show business. And once again, I fail to see how an assistant adjunct professor strikes it big in Hollywood without some dough. He hasn't made any blockbusters or done anything of note, yet his company still stands - people who do 'lots of commercials' don't end up with $200 million to blow on a franchise.

I am sure what is worse....trying to point out how Lurie's company did not make its money from big hits, rather they supervise production for others or defending the guy from class envy....sure it helps to have family money to get started but you make it sound as if he has done nothing for what he has and the simple fact is you have no idea how much or how little he has worked to get what he has, nor do I. I just don't assume he didn't work hard for his success and you assume he is just lucky
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 28 2012, 12:54 PM) *
class envy

I'm as capitalistic as they come, try visiting G&G. I'm more referring to the movie Inside Job, which of course he was instrumental in making - and how the movie is basically the fantasy of someone who has no idea how to run a company or how economics works, which is why I assume he's just lucky - though again, hiring Joe Banner to run your company is a good move. Whatever.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 28 2012, 01:30 PM) *
I'm as capitalistic as they come, try visiting G&G. I'm more referring to the movie Inside Job, which of course he was instrumental in making - and how the movie is basically the fantasy of someone who has no idea how to run a company or how economics works, which is why I assume he's just lucky - though again, hiring Joe Banner to run your company is a good move. Whatever.

Let's get this thread back on track. Are you guys willing to chip in or not?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Sep 28 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Let's get this thread back on track. Are you guys willing to chip in or not?

Sure I'm in - $10
TGryn
Christina? Is that you?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 28 2012, 01:30 PM) *

you are a capitalist that envies the rich......it is not a sin but you can't rant about a guy having a silver spoon when you have no idea how much or how little he worked for it and then say you are not envious.....I say good for him but regardless....he quickly figured out how to maximize the profit of this franchise....you can say it is idiot proof but there is a difference between making money and increasing your value 500%......and now you think he handled "Inside Job" personally? Which is it? He is a do nothing mama's boy with a silver spoon who does nothing or he actively runs a production company(of bad movies) and a football team?

and Joe Banner? seems he had no problem getting another job.....but I guess they are not as smart as you either......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.