Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those that still care
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
The linked site provides detailed information with supporting evidence on the "controversial call" that the replacement refs got 'wrong'. unsure.gif

LINK
Dreagon
I'm sorry, but the replacement refs are gone.

We're all gearing up to yell at the screwups of the out-of-practice real refs now tongue.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 27 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I'm sorry, but the replacement refs are gone.

We're all gearing up to yell at the screwups of the out-of-practice real refs now tongue.gif

Here's one that you may recall
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 27 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Here's one that you may recall

That's different! biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
When I'm looking for a definitive source on sports commentary, I look for someone who blogs once a year. Primarily about Sci-Fi.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 27 2012, 08:13 PM) *
When I'm looking for a definitive source on sports commentary, I look for someone who blogs once a year. Primarily about Sci-Fi.

The evidence supports itself.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 27 2012, 07:37 PM) *
The evidence supports itself.

http://deadspin.com/5946917/seahawks-truth...-that-touchdown
nephillymike
Where the regular refs got lucky was the fact that none of the DIV 1 top conference refs crossed the line. If you put the next level of ref in there, the difference would be minimal.

I'ts like baseball going on strike and instead of having those in AAA come up, you get HS teams to play.

These refs were the equivilant of HS teams.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 27 2012, 08:43 PM) *
Where the regular refs got lucky was the fact that none of the DIV 1 top conference refs crossed the line. If you put the next level of ref in there, the difference would be minimal.

I'ts like baseball going on strike and instead of having those in AAA come up, you get HS teams to play.

These refs were the equivilant of HS teams.

excellent point Mikey...though the Div 1 guys were not given a choice....it was not that they respected the line, their conferences came out and told them they could not go......which was interesting....but you are very right....if those guys had come in the strike would have never ended because there are more top college guys with big game experience than there are pro refs
make_it_rain
Sweet, now I can just disregard the multitude of articles and photographs, as well as the strongly voiced opinion of all the analysts, former officials, and players in agreement that Seahawks call was a disgrace, because some random dude who blogs about LOST knows what's up.

Phew, thanks for clearing that one up OP.
Phits
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 28 2012, 12:51 AM) *
Sweet, now I can just disregard the multitude of articles and photographs, as well as the strongly voiced opinion of all the analysts, former officials, and players in agreement that Seahawks call was a disgrace, because some random dude who blogs about LOST knows what's up.

Phew, thanks for clearing that one up OP.

no problem. welcome aboard the "Right Train"
koolaidluke
First of all, kudos to this blogger for actually taking the time to analyze the play.

Second of all, I agree with his analysis. Even if he is not an "authoritative" source.

Third of all, I disagree that the replacement refs are not a serious downgrade over the regular officials and that they are not impacting the integrity of the game. Their performance has overall been completely amateurish.

So I guess I am halfway between Phits and everybody else on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.