Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN Claw, RF and McN
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Mea culpa

There's no way that anyone on the planet can watch this video (I got from a Claw posting), and still say that Vick held the ball too long.

http://www.eaglesfan4life.com/2012/09/mich...-cardinals.html

It felt like he was holding the ball much longer than he did.

In this (and only this) regard, I guess I was wwww....

ahem.

wwwww..rr...

cough cough

wwwwrrrrrrrrooo........

........technically not as accurate as I could have been.

I still have issues with him as a QB, but I'll save those for other threads.

xsv
p.s. You guys suck.
Reality Fan
someone call an ambulance to X's house immediately......he just had an aneurysm.....

good work though.....
mcnabbulous
Did you read IBM's post on the subject? It was truly a team effort in futility.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2012, 05:38 PM) *
Did you read IBM's post on the subject? It was truly a team effort in futility.

I think some brilliant mind pointed that out in a few posts here...ahem....can't remeber his name......right after the game too... laugh.gif blah.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Mea culpa

There's no way that anyone on the planet can watch this video (I got from a Claw posting), and still say that Vick held the ball too long.

http://www.eaglesfan4life.com/2012/09/mich...-cardinals.html

It felt like he was holding the ball much longer than he did.

In this (and only this) regard, I guess I was wwww....

ahem.

wwwww..rr...

cough cough

wwwwrrrrrrrrooo........

........technically not as accurate as I could have been.

I still have issues with him as a QB, but I'll save those for other threads.

It's depressing when you see all the dissection of the game and find out that Vick wasn't as crappy as you thought. Demetress Bell on the other hand...

why did the Eagles switch out punters when they have a huge problem on the left side of the line?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 05:53 PM) *
I think some brilliant mind pointed that out in a few posts here...ahem....can't remeber his name......right after the game too... laugh.gif blah.gif

LOL... cheers.gif
JeeQ
What would be an even shorter timer is how long it takes a defender to blow through our O-Line and start chasing Vick. I swear he's on run at least 1 out of every 2 plays.

Plays That Take 4-5 Seconds To Develop + 1-2 Seconds To Throw The Ball = Disaster

If our QB has time it's poetry in motion. It's beautiful. With Bell and Reynolds we need to rethink the offense.
Reality Fan
That was my point after the game(and raised by Didinger and Baldinger)......they kept calling plays that take 3-5 seconds just for the route to be run.....it was like they just refused to admit that Peters is gone and Kelce is gone and even with them it is hard to have that much time every play
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 09:09 PM) *
That was my point after the game(and raised by Didinger and Baldinger)......they kept calling plays that take 3-5 seconds just for the route to be run.....it was like they just refused to admit that Peters is gone and Kelce is gone and even with them it is hard to have that much time every play

Tommy Lawlor (blah.gif to those of you who deride bloggers, he actually writes as closed to emotionally detached reviews of the Eagles as you can get) actually wrote a cool piece about Andy, with an anecdotal recall of "West Coast" college football and the BYU Bullshit Ball that has inspired our Pass-Pass-Pass overlord: http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles...tanding-andy-2/

and it does a good job of explaining Andy's thought process. My main criticism of Andy is that he values scheme over reality, and that's what happened Sunday. Add the fact that individual players just either couldn't get things their way, or were outright sucking goat balls out there... and you get Sunday.

Andy's long-developing routes were a problem with McNabb at the helm as well. Considering how well Nabb did screen passes I don't think it was a matter of getting the ball out quick with him (it was more the fact that he had trouble with precision... which is something I wouldn't say about Mike Vick); for some reason it stopped being an as frequently used option after B-West left the Eagles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.