Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favoured Again??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
@PHI -2

This won't be a squeaker....Eagles win in a blow out.
Eyrie
Phits, my friend, have you been drinking? Have you seen the last three games of Andyball? Have you seen how Vick holds the ball until the DL are almost on him?

I'm looking forward to this about as much as I look forward to a Reid press conference mad.gif
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 26 2012, 05:34 AM) *
Phits, my friend, have you been drinking? Have you seen the last three games of Andyball? Have you seen how Vick holds the ball until the DL are almost on him?

I'm looking forward to this about as much as I look forward to a Reid press conference mad.gif

let me introduce you to Mike Vick

like i said before the ravens game (which was also an impossible game to win)...he is inconsistent. that means vs NY he could very well put up big numbers, lead the team to a big win and be garbage soon after

especially given that the coach is giving "we'll see" answers when asked about a QB change (which of course will never happen)

especially given that Eagles vs Giants is always hard-fought and unpredictable
koolaidluke
The Eagles are always their best after a crushing defeat.

We go through this literally every year. Andy/Marty run a purely deep ball offense that doesn't work and do not give it up until they have been through a humiliating blow out. Then they switch to a balanced game plan based around short passes with plenty of running. It drives me fucking nuts but I guess we just have to accept it.

I like the Eagles in this game. The second half of the 9ers game seemed to indicate we finally got our turnovers under control.
xsv
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2012, 08:45 AM) *

We go through this literally every year. Andy/Marty run a purely deep ball offense that doesn't work and do not give it up until they have been through a humiliating blow out. Then they switch to a balanced game plan based around short passes with plenty of running. It drives me fucking nuts but I guess we just have to accept it.

I like the Eagles in this game. The second half of the 9ers game seemed to indicate we finally got our turnovers under control.

I think we'd have a much better shot at this game if McNabb was the qb. ;-)
Bocadelphia Eagles John
We were so impressively bad in our loss and we could not protect the ball in our 2 wins. I have no reason for optimism against the Giants.

We're playing like dog poop and I still think the entire team is doped up on some kind of illegal shit. The team and it's coaches show degrees of sucking that are tryly distinctive.
Reality Fan
I think we are all going to be shocked....for several reasons.......Reid was/is visibly pissed......he all but tossed Vick out for public evisceration with a noncommittal endorsement and "we'll evaluate it as we go".............he was much more vocal(for him, anyway) regarding the hits on the QB.

This is going to be a very interesting game........but I want to know why Morningwehg(sp) gets a pass here........2 horrible game plans out of 3 is brutal......they have to stop looking homerun first....
JeeQ
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2012, 05:45 AM) *

Andy always does just a good enough job to not get fired. Since everyone thought he should be killed last week, by this week they'll feel like he could lead us to the Super Bowl. The Eagles have by far the most bi-polar fan base in the world.

Barely Defeat Browns And Look Like Utter Garbage, Look Like We Have A #1 Defense Vs Ravens, Get Obliterated On All Sides Of The Ball By The Cardinals, Look Great Against The Giants

Sounds like Andy to me.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 12:21 PM) *
I think we are all going to be shocked....for several reasons.......Reid was/is visibly pissed......he all but tossed Vick out for public evisceration with a noncommittal endorsement and "we'll evaluate it as we go".............he was much more vocal(for him, anyway) regarding the hits on the QB.

This is going to be a very interesting game........but I want to know why Morningwehg(sp) gets a pass here........2 horrible game plans out of 3 is brutal......they have to stop looking homerun first....

The point about morningwood is a good one.

Why is he never mentioned as one of the guys that's doing a shitty job. He's doing at least as bad as Mcdermott did as a coordinator.
JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2012, 09:35 AM) *
The point about morningwood is a good one.

Why is he never mentioned as one of the guys that's doing a shitty job. He's doing at least as bad as Mcdermott did as a coordinator.

Morningwood should be on trial for his criminal mistreatment of RBs. Anyone who gives a hungry and in his prime LeSean McCoy 13 carries (5.3 YPC!) in a game should be tared and feathered.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 26 2012, 11:40 AM) *
Morningwood should be on trial for his criminal mistreatment of RBs. Anyone who gives a hungry and in his prime LeSean McCoy 13 carries (5.3 YPC!) in a game should be tared and feathered.

The loss of Peters has completely altered our RB approach. Shady is great, but Peters is what made things go last year. It's devastating.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2012, 12:54 PM) *
The loss of Peters has completely altered our RB approach. Shady is great, but Peters is what made things go last year. It's devastating.

Altered? Just like Vick 3/4 of a season 'alteration' 2 years ago. This is who Andy/Marty are. The game plan is what it always is.....playaction, pass, playaction, pass, playaction, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, playaction, pass, playaction, playaction, playaction, pass, pass, playaction, pass, run, playaction.
koolaidluke
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and these last 3 weeks for the first time have made me start to think I may have misjudged McNabb.

I always thought we ran the deep pass offense with McNabb because post 2004, he was capable of nothing else. Now I'm not so sure. We know Vick can run a ball control offense and despite the fact that defenses are scheming to take away the ball and our OL can't pass protect Reid/Marty insists on just going bombs away.

Now don't get me wrong: Vick runs Andy's retarded O infinitely better than McNabb did. He isn't producing endless three and outs (although he produces turnovers in their place) or chucking balls into the dirt. But maybe McNabb was capable of running a ball control offense after all. He did it in 2008, maybe he could have kept it up for another couple of years.

I remember in 2001 and 2002 when McNabb was maddeningly inconsistant. And yet every time in those years we were destroyed the next game we would run a totally ball control offense and McNabb would suddenly look all world again.
HOUSEoPAIN
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and these last 3 weeks for the first time have made me start to think I may have misjudged McNabb.

wacko.gif

Ok, someone get to this guy's house and make sure he isn't on bath salts.....

Vick runs Andy's retarded O infinitely better than McNabb did. He isn't producing endless three and outs (although he produces turnovers in their place) or chucking balls into the dirt.

Nevermind, he's back to normal.....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2012, 12:54 PM) *

I would agree with you if we actually saw that to be the case but so far we have no idea because they have run so little and still had success....
xsv

What we need here is more posts about McNabb.

And more cowbell.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 12:42 PM) *
I would agree with you if we actually saw that to be the case but so far we have no idea because they have run so little and still had success....

The sample size is small, but we have been pretty awful running left. I suspect they've observed it in practice as well.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2012
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 26 2012, 05:34 AM) *

I'm looking forward to this about as much as I look forward to a Reid press conference :angry:

I just want to throw this here: http://www.eaglesfan4life.com/2012/09/mich...-cardinals.html

holding the ball 1.28 seconds is too long?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2012, 01:07 PM) *

I always thought we ran the deep pass offense with McNabb because post 2004, he was capable of nothing else. Now I'm not so sure. We know Vick can run a ball control offense and despite the fact that defenses are scheming to take away the ball and our OL can't pass protect Reid/Marty insists on just going bombs away.

Now don't get me wrong: Vick runs Andy's retarded O infinitely better than McNabb did. He isn't producing endless three and outs (although he produces turnovers in their place) or chucking balls into the dirt. But maybe McNabb was capable of running a ball control offense after all. He did it in 2008, maybe he could have kept it up for another couple of years.

I remember in 2001 and 2002 when McNabb was maddeningly inconsistant. And yet every time in those years we were destroyed the next game we would run a totally ball control offense and McNabb would suddenly look all world again.

welcome to the light KAL

I think the rest of the NFL has had over a decade to deal with Andyball. the only team that has not done that too well is the Giants (of ALL teams). though 12/19/10 was almost a classic Andy special until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter when Vick went Vick, and everything went special teams' way
Dr. Claw
[this was a duplicate]
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2012, 06:07 PM) *
We know Vick can run a ball control offense

Say What?!?!?

ohmy.gif

Based on what? A career 50% completion rate? Hardly an example of "ball control." He is the complete opposite of "ball control."
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 26 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Say What?!?!?

ohmy.gif

Based on what? A career 50% completion rate? Hardly an example of "ball control." He is the complete opposite of "ball control."

now be fair.....it is 53% in Atl and 60%(yes...60.1%) in Philadelphia.......just sayin.....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm
koolaidluke
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2012, 12:35 PM) *

WHAAAAT?!?!

At least Marty's retarded O is still putting up yards and enough points to win games. Sean's D was terrible in all aspects.

Sean McDermott is the worst coordinator in NFL history. Full stop. Nobody else even comes close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.