Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was there something wrong with our punting?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I know he had one short kick this week, but I thought he had several booming ones.

I wasn't focused in on him, but I didn't notice anything that really singled him out either.

Did anyone else?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 25 2012, 03:07 PM) *
I know he had one short kick this week, but I thought he had several booming ones.

I wasn't focused in on him, but I didn't notice anything that really singled him out either.

Did anyone else?

McBriar showed a better net average in pre-season, Henry's average was 32 and 38 the last 2 weeks after a very good week 1.

Personally I don't think it's a major upgrade, but the extra few yards we get from McBriar might be good considering how much we'll punt this year - on those drives that don't end in picks.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2012, 03:15 PM) *
McBriar showed a better net average in pre-season, Henry's average was 32 and 38 the last 2 weeks after a very good week 1.

Personally I don't think it's a major upgrade, but the extra few yards we get from McBriar might be good considering how much we'll punt this year - on those drives that don't end in picks.

I can remember one short kick this week. But I also distinctly remember 2 long ones. I guess the average didn't work out well.

Just seems like we're fucking with one of the few consistent areas on the team. Not to mention that now Henry the placekicker needs to kick from a new holder. Not sure a couple of extra yards per punt is worth messing with that chemistry.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 25 2012, 03:19 PM) *
I can remember one short kick this week. But I also distinctly remember 2 long ones. I guess the average didn't work out well.

Sorry that's net average, not gross. 32 & 38 gross would be grounds for castration.
Reality Fan
My guess is consistency......the 33 yarder that they returned 11 yards was probably the final straw after a terrible outing against the ravens
Dreagon
If McBriar is finally healthy, he is the very model of consistency.
jeremyrt
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 25 2012, 08:17 PM) *
If McBriar is finally healthy, he is the very model of consistency.

I heard that Henry questioned the run/pass ratio. Next day he was out of town.
Dreagon
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Sep 25 2012, 09:38 PM) *

Yeah, I suppose that would do it.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Sep 25 2012, 10:38 PM) *

laugh.gif
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 26 2012, 12:03 AM) *
laugh.gif

Either that or he said something about Vick not being accurate.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Either that or he said something about Vick not being accurate.

actually, he told Reid what he was seeing on video was not what actually happened.....
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 09:18 AM) *
actually, he told Reid what he was seeing on video was not what actually happened.....

LOL, I appreciate that brand of humor, sir. Well played.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2012, 09:37 AM) *
LOL, I appreciate that brand of humor, sir. Well played.

I may not agree with you sometimes X but I like ya.....

how you feeling by the way? better?
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 26 2012, 12:22 PM) *
I may not agree with you sometimes X but I like ya.....

how you feeling by the way? better?

I'm reasonably sure I'll live. Thx for asking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.