Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We've Got Problems...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
jeremyrt
I'm about to go on a rant.

This team could very easily be 0-3. Instead we are 2-1...and a very weak 2-1 that is.

This team will never win consistently with Vick as the QB. He is a coach killer. He'll make a great pass once in a while, he'll escape pressure and make a 1st down out of nothing. Those plays make you think we've got a chance. But what inevitably happens is he still can't read where the pressure comes from...he holds onto the ball too long...he doesn't know where his receivers are. The list goes on.

As big a problem as Vick is that we have one of the best RB's in the league and we have the leagues leading INT thrower and we still throw the ball on every 1st down. I've heard enough of Andy saying he's got to get better...if he has not figured it out now, he won't. There was no game plan last night...it was like they figured Kolb would suck enough that we could win 6-3.

There is no reason that a team with DeSean, Maclin, Avant, McCoy, and Celek can't score points.

Thoughts?
Reality Fan
yes....they didn't have maclin.......lol
D Rock
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Sep 25 2012, 03:45 AM) *
I'm about to go on a rant.

This team could very easily be 0-3. Instead we are 2-1...and a very weak 2-1 that is.

This team will never win consistently with Vick as the QB. He is a coach killer. He'll make a great pass once in a while, he'll escape pressure and make a 1st down out of nothing. Those plays make you think we've got a chance. But what inevitably happens is he still can't read where the pressure comes from...he holds onto the ball too long...he doesn't know where his receivers are. The list goes on.

As big a problem as Vick is that we have one of the best RB's in the league and we have the leagues leading INT thrower and we still throw the ball on every 1st down. I've heard enough of Andy saying he's got to get better...if he has not figured it out now, he won't. There was no game plan last night...it was like they figured Kolb would suck enough that we could win 6-3.

There is no reason that a team with DeSean, Maclin, Avant, McCoy, and Celek can't score points.

Thoughts?

Pretty Much Spot On !!!

cheers.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (jeremyrt @ Sep 24 2012, 09:45 PM) *
've heard enough of Andy saying he's got to get better...if he has not figured it out now, he won't.

You don't really think Andy walks into the locker room and apologizes to the team because he needs to do a better job, do you?

It's what he says to the press, in lieu of throwing guys under the bus. Then he rails on them privately. The way any one of us would want our coach to handle it.

By my rough calculation, in the seasons in which we didn't have McMahon as our QB, our November and beyond regular season record is: 50-18-1

So we win almost 75% of the time during the most critical portion of our schedule. Andy will get this team playing better at some point, but we're breaking in a new center and 3rd string LT.

Everyone needs to fucking chill.
jeremyrt
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2012, 10:19 PM) *
You don't really think Andy walks into the locker room and apologizes to the team because he needs to do a better job, do you?

It's what he says to the press, in lieu of throwing guys under the bus. Then he rails on them privately. The way any one of us would want our coach to handle it.

By my rough calculation, in the seasons in which we didn't have McMahon as our QB, our November and beyond regular season record is: 50-18-1

So we win almost 75% of the time during the most critical portion of our schedule. Andy will get this team playing better at some point, but we're breaking in a new center and 3rd string LT.

Everyone needs to fucking chill.

We won in November and December last year.....that got us to 8-8. Woopie. If we beat the Giants next week I'll agree with you....if Eli makes us his bitch I won't.
D Rock
All due respect there buddy, but while Andy's iggles do have a pattern of getting better late in the season . . . we're seeing some newer things this go 'round.

12 turn overs in 3 games is cause for alarm in anybodies' book.
Bez
When do you think they will announce who will start next game ?
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 11:30 PM) *
l12 turn overs in 3 games is cause for alarm in anybodies' book.

alarm is the right word. Not concern, alarm.

Protecting the ball is such a fundamental part of this game that when a team is showing a triple sequence lack of doing it, one has to be alarmed. Not worried, alarmed.

This is supposed to be a pro team. Lacking a full grasp of one of the MOST fundamental of all fundamentals? That's the kind of stuff head coaches get fired over. But wait, this is the Lurie era so that ain't gonna happen.

I am alarmed to the point of being shocked.

Don't ask about how pissed off I am over this.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 25 2012, 12:23 PM) *

You mad bro?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 25 2012, 05:23 PM) *

How many hats did you shred?

Wouldn't surprise me if you're on your fourth or fifth of this season sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.