Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's pretend that Lurie fires Reid today...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
who is "your guy" to replace him.

Interim and long term.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 07:33 PM) *

Interim and long term.

I would really have to think long and hard about that. If you would have asked me three years ago I would have said Gruden would be worth a shot but I am not sure about him at this time. I cannot think of any big names out there that seem like a no brainer to me so I may want to roll the dice on a first time head coach.
D Rock
I have a hard time thinking of anybody too.

Something to consider . . . the team is stacked with talent. We're 1 quarterback and 1 or 2 safeties away from being a complete team.

Because of that, I wouldn't want to bring in a guy like Cower who would want to go to a major scheme change to a 3/4 look while our loaded roster is built for a 4/3.

That line of thinking could make Grudog a consideration as he likely would run his "jersey shore" run based version of the WCO. As much as he's a characature of himself . . . he might be the most sensible option.

HobbEs
Gruden...without a second thought. Unfortunately we'd have Marty as an interim coach until next year.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 03:33 PM) *

Interim and long term.

There's no point to firing Andy unless Marty goes out the door with him. Assuming that happened, interim would be Washburn or Mudd, I'd be looking for Gruden or Mariucci the following year. Bowles supposedly interviewed very well for HC elsewhere, I'm not sure if I'd give him a shot or not.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 03:33 PM) *

Interim and long term.

I've always liked Cowher, but we'd have to blow up the whole team, which isnt necessary.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 24 2012, 04:49 PM) *
I've always liked Cowher, but we'd have to blow up the whole team, which isnt necessary.

Oh, that guy who didn't win for 13 years until he got a QB?
Dreagon
Well, you will probably want to go with a coach who has an entirely different philosophy (at least offensively) or I could see philly fans upset about a continuation of the "same old thing". The Harbaugh brothers are taken, but somebody in their mold might work for you guys.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 24 2012, 05:59 PM) *
Well, you will probably want to go with a coach who has an entirely different philosophy (at least offensively) or I could see philly fans upset about a continuation of the "same old thing". The Harbaugh brothers are taken, but somebody in their mold might work for you guys.

I agree. I don't know if coaches like that would be available. I can't think of anyone "named" on the market that could suffice. But please, no more WCO. let that die with the old 49ers.

I definitely don't want Reid fired until the season is over (no matter the outcome)... Marty as the interim would suck goat ass.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Oh, that guy who didn't win for 13 years until he got a QB?

The guy who would've had multiple rings with our teams in the last decade.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 24 2012, 07:18 PM) *
The guy who would've had multiple rings with our teams in the last decade.

Debating techniques by HOUSEoPAIN: Make ridiculous statements that can't be proven.

Here's my attempt. And Reid would have won multiple rings if he had Roethlisberger as his QB.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Debating techniques by HOUSEoPAIN: Make ridiculous statements that can't be proven.

Here's my attempt. And Reid would have won multiple rings if he had Roethlisberger as his QB.

Ben's stats are very similar to McNabb's. The difference is Cowher didn't make him throw 50 times a game, allowing his running game and defense to take care of the rest, all Ben had to do was manage the game, which is what McNabb was, a game manager. Neither are equivalent to Brady, Brees, Manning.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 24 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Ben's stats are very similar to McNabb's. The difference is Cowher didn't make him throw 50 times a game, allowing his running game and defense to take care of the rest, all Ben had to do was manage the game, which is what McNabb was, a game manager. Neither are equivalent to Brady, Brees, Manning.

Look at their advanced passing stats. Donovan was an average passer for most of his career. Ben was consistently much better than average. While he didn't top out like those other guys, his passing ability was always better than McNabb.

Donovan was a fine QB when he used his legs. Then he got fat and injured lost his greatest asset.

Roethlisberger
McNabb
Manning (as a reference)
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2012, 01:54 AM) *
Ben's stats are very similar to McNabb's. The difference is Cowher didn't make him throw 50 times a game

No, the only difference is that Ben wasn't a fraud and didn't (doesn't) fall apart in crunch time.

Also, Steelers run pass ratio has scewed more to the pass each and every season since Ben's arrival.

Next.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2012, 02:00 AM) *
Donovan was a fine QB when he used his legs. Then he got fat and injured lost his greatest asset.

You forgot: ugly, lazy and disrespectful.

But Dad, what about you? Fuck You.
HobbEs
Just throwing this out there...If the Cards continue at the rate they're going you can bet Ray Horton is going to get some looks as the "hot assistant" ready for a HC gig.
D Rock
I also like what the DC is doing in Seattle.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 25 2012, 01:24 PM) *
I also like what the DC is doing in Seattle.

he somehow was able to have GB get Andy to call their plays in the first half
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.