Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reid leaves door open on QB change...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Clickery
koolaidluke
It just wouldn't make any sense to bench Vick. I'm all for benching a QB when the guy on the bench is clearly better (for example, when McNabb was starting for us benching him for any of his backups would have been smart because they were better than McNabb who was terrible). But when the guy is just some mid round rookie you know next to nothing about? I don't see it.

Besides, Vick didn't throw any picks yesterday. That's a good sign. The fumbles happened because he was pressing.

If we beat the Giants, all is forgiven. Reid's team have historically looked their best coming off of crushing defeats. It will force him to adjust his game plans.

I also think it's disgusting that the same people clamoring for Vick to be benched supported McNabb when he was single handedly ruining seasons for us while we had guys that we knew could take us to the playoffs on the bench.
xsv

Enough said.
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 24 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Besides, Vick didn't throw any picks yesterday. That's a good sign. The fumbles happened because he was pressing.

ALL of his turnovers seem to come when he's pressing. At what point in his career does he stop pressing and start playing QB?

While I don't agree with blaming him (single-handedly) for yesterday, he certainly didn't help while was was turning the ball over...again...and again...and again....

The play calling was horrible, which made it even worse for a QB who just isn't playing well...
iggleslover49
Maybe if Foles goes in at QB they'll change the offensive philosophy of passing and expecting Vick to run when things break down. And forget the numbers. We lead the league in yards coming into last week. But we probably lead the league in turnovers too.

If turnovers don't matter, then why not start the rook and get him up to speed? At this point I'm actually scared of the ball being in Vick's hands. Nowadays when he tries to run when a pass breaks down, we actually end up LOSING yards or flat out turning the ball over. I'm sick of that shit. We have a defense that can win us games if we can find a QB that can atleast manage the game. I used to feel like Vick made the whole team better, but as of late I feel like he's the catalyst of these turnovers.
xsv
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 24 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Maybe if Foles goes in at QB they'll change the offensive philosophy of passing and expecting Vick to run when things break down. And forget the numbers. We lead the league in yards coming into last week. But we probably lead the league in turnovers too.

If turnovers don't matter, then why not start the rook and get him up to speed? At this point I'm actually scared of the ball being in Vick's hands. Nowadays when he tries to run when a pass breaks down, we actually end up LOSING yards or flat out turning the ball over. I'm sick of that shit. We have a defense that can win us games if we can find a QB that can atleast manage the game. I used to feel like Vick made the whole team better, but as of late I feel like he's the catalyst of these turnovers.

Before this game, when was the last time you saw a linebacker catch Vick form behind.

Watch that play again and tell me he hasn't lost a step.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 24 2012, 09:15 PM) *

I've been banging this message home since 2005.

We don't need "occassionally spectacular" quarterback play. Especially when it comes with "often terrible" quarteback play as the cost.

All we need, with a very good defense and an arsenal of offensive weapons on hand is consistently capable. We've not had that under Reid. It's always these boom or bust freak shows under center and I for one, am long over it.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 24 2012, 03:06 PM) *

here's why the second fumble happened: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/9/...oal-line-fumble
D Rock
Wow. There's a credible source.

I wonder why he ignores the fact that Stanley Havili was wide open and uncovered on first and goal in that same series. It's hard to call an offense when your quarterback is busy sucking donkee nards.
JeeQ
Eagles coach Andy Reid stirred up some waters earlier on Monday when he was asked about whether he gave any thought to making a change at quarterback.

“Right now, we’re with Michael and that’s what we’re doing,” Reid said. “We’ll evaluate it as we go.”

There was plenty of wiggle room to move any way you want to go in that answer, something that can fan the flames of a quarterback controversy mighty quick. Reid seems to want to avoid such waters. He revisited the question during his weekly radio show on WIP in Philadelphia on Monday afternoon and gave a firmer assessment of the quarterback situation in Philadelphia.

“Michael is our quarterback. Period. Michael is our quarterback,” Reid said, via Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com. “Listen, does he need to get better? Do we all need to get better? Yes.”
SAM I Am
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 05:23 PM) *
All we need, with a very good defense and an arsenal of offensive weapons on hand is consistently capable. We've not had that under Reid. It's always these boom or bust freak shows under center and I for one, am long over it.

I believe we did. Unfortunately he plays for the Arizona Cardinals right now.
D Rock
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 25 2012, 01:38 AM) *
I believe we did. Unfortunately he plays for the Arizona Cardinals right now.

tru dat
Rick
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 24 2012, 05:19 PM) *
Before this game, when was the last time you saw a linebacker catch Vick form behind.

Watch that play again and tell me he hasn't lost a step.

When I saw that play I said the exact same thing. His speed is going. It happens quickly. Vick was running full out and was caught from behind (wasn't even a race really). That is a problem. If he can't run away from the rush, what's he gonna do? Keep turning the ball over.
xsv
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 25 2012, 09:01 AM) *
If he can't run away from the rush, what's he gonna do? Keep turning the ball over.

IMO, that's exactly what has happened over the last year and a half. It used to be the vick would get in a little trouble, he's flip that switch, and bam, he was gone. No one on the field could touch him. It was like everyone else was standing still.

I haven't seen that kind of explosiveness form him in a long time. And if that's gone, I just don't see that value in this guy anymore.
mcnabbulous
What play is everyone talking about? The one where the LB beat McCoy twice and tackled Vick from behind?

If that's the case, it's because Vick wasn't running and the LB was. Vick was looking for a hole.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2012, 09:47 AM) *
What play is everyone talking about? The one where the LB beat McCoy twice and tackled Vick from behind?

If that's the case, it's because Vick wasn't running and the LB was. Vick was looking for a hole.

The one Vick runs up the middle at what appears to be his full speed and gets caught from behind by a LBer. He was at least 5 yards, if not 10 yards past the LOS with no one in front of him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 25 2012, 09:21 AM) *
The one Vick runs up the middle at what appears to be his full speed and gets caught from behind by a LBer. He was at least 5 yards, if not 10 yards past the LOS with no one in front of him.

I don't recall that one. I may have been drunk by that point though, if it happened after the first 3 mins of the game.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2012, 10:27 AM) *
I don't recall that one. I may have been drunk by that point though, if it happened after the first 3 mins of the game.

I know the feeling. I drink faster the worse we play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.