Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Eagles are 2-1.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dr. Claw
Stop overreacting.

The Eagles could be 0-3, like the Saints.

Andy went full Andy today. it happens at least once a year. In those kind of games, there's nothing anyone can do.

If it continues to the point the Eagles miss the playoffs, Andy and Vick are gone.

If the Eagles win next week and go to the playoffs, we're not thinking about this loss (much like the Eagles weren't thinking about losing in a similar fashion to the Steelers in 2004).
Eyrie
I don't see this as an overreaction.

I see it as a reality check. We beat both the Browns and Ravens despite sloppy play and too many turnovers, and the fact that we won obscured the fact that we needed to improve our overall standard of play. For the third week running the we haven't been good enough, and that is a large enough sample size for the unpalatable conclusion to be drawn that we are going nowhere with a team that is less than the sum of its parts.

Blame coaching, or blame players, but unless we improve drastically this team is going nowhere and both Reid and Vick are history. I'm not shedding a tear for either.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 24 2012, 10:10 AM) *
I'm not shedding a tear for either.

Yes to this. Fuck em all.
HOUSEoPAIN
I don't see this as an overreaction.

I see it as a reality check.

Yeah I would think most of us thought we'd be 2-1 at this point, just not necessarily the way we've done it. We're a competitive team that's chugging along towards our predictable, yearly finish.

At this point, it's a matter of what the minimum is for Reid to keep his job (9-7 and a playoff win?), and how long Vick will last as our starter. I would expect Vick to be benched pretty soon, but if I were Foles I wouldn't be looking forward to running play-action on 3rd and 9 with our shitty o-line.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
With no eye to the future, that was one sloppy pathetic team loss.

Blame goes all around on this one. Kolb tore us a new one and their team beat us up and down the field. They made us look like a pathetic 2nd rate team.

Sometimes I get the impression the entire squad is playing after snorting on something designed to fug up the brain cells.

People outside the fan base keep saying how great a coach Andy Reid is. Well, how come our team looks UNcoached so often? Eh? Answer me that one.

Fugly. F'in fugly. This is ANOTHER game who's full 60 minutes DISGUSTS the crap outa me....

HobbEs
People outside the fan base keep saying how great a coach Andy Reid is.

As far as I'm concernded they can have him...
Rick
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 24 2012, 02:00 PM) *
People outside the fan base keep saying how great a coach Andy Reid is. Well, how come our team looks UNcoached so often? Eh? Answer me that one.

Exactly...how many more times do we have to hear the, "I take full blame on this one. The team wasn't prepared to play and it's my responsibility..." press conference from Andy. Every once in a while, I get it, you have a bad day but, come on already! I'm sick of hearing that. Nice that you're taking responsibility but, at this point in your coaching career, this shouldn't happen over and over again.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 24 2012, 02:43 PM) *
Exactly...how many more times do we have to hear the, "I take full blame on this one. The team wasn't prepared to play and it's my responsibility..." press conference from Andy. Every once in a while, I get it, you have a bad day but, come on already! I'm sick of hearing that. Nice that you're taking responsibility but, at this point in your coaching career, this shouldn't happen over and over again.

So we should go undefeated every year? Or Andy should blame his players to the media after losses?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2012, 03:49 PM) *
So we should go undefeated every year? Or Andy should blame his players to the media after losses?

Maybe he should actually learn from these mistakes instead of making the same ones over and over and over and over again.

Stop giving us lip service. I'd rather him say nothing at all.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 24 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Maybe he should actually learn from these mistakes instead of making the same ones over and over and over and over again.

Stop giving us lip service. I'd rather him say nothing at all.

Which mistakes are you referring to? That might help me understand what you're referring to. Everyone used to bitch about clock management. I haven't heard one complaint about it this year.
CT_Eagle
I am not going to go through all of my posts following last week's game but if I remember right there was a complaint on this board following the Bal game.

I did not mention it this week but the wasted timeout in between quarters one and two was a typical Reid clock management problem. Having that time out may have prevented the fumble return.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 24 2012, 08:19 PM) *
I am not going to go through all of my posts following last week's game but if I remember right there was a complaint on this board following the Bal game.

I did not mention it this week but the wasted timeout in between quarters one and two was a typical Reid clock management problem. Having that time out may have prevented the fumble return.

Vick not failing to see a wide open Stanley Havili in the left flat on first and goal would have prevented it too.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Stop overreacting.

The Eagles could be 0-3, like the Saints.

Andy went full Andy today. it happens at least once a year. In those kind of games, there's nothing anyone can do.

If it continues to the point the Eagles miss the playoffs, Andy and Vick are gone.

If the Eagles win next week and go to the playoffs, we're not thinking about this loss (much like the Eagles weren't thinking about losing in a similar fashion to the Steelers in 2004).

Here I thought by now everyone was used to the "Same Old Andy". Expect Andy to get your hopes up at least one more time, before crashing them to the ground again
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 24 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Here I thought by now everyone was used to the "Same Old Andy". Expect Andy to get your hopes up at least one more time, before crashing them to the ground again

HahHaha.....yep
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 24 2012, 04:47 PM) *

HahHaha.....yep
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 09:44 PM) *
Vick not failing to see a wide open Stanley Havili in the left flat on first and goal would have prevented it too.

As would Vick realising that if his first read wasn't open immediately on 3rd&1 with six seconds left, then he had to throw the ball away to stop the clock and let the FG team come on. The ball would have been gone before the blitzer arrived.

A ten point swing that had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with a poor decision by the QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 24 2012, 09:23 PM) *
As would Vick realising that if his first read wasn't open immediately on 3rd&1 with six seconds left, then he had to throw the ball away to stop the clock and let the FG team come on. The ball would have been gone before the blitzer arrived.

A ten point swing that had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with a poor decision by the QB.

Agreed.

And while we're at it. Let's talk about Desean going all coward like on the reception that set up first and goal. If he holds stride through that catch, he walks into (or is tackled into) the endzone. Instead, he goes turtle on the reception and stands there for a full 2 seconds before contact arrives. All he had to do was fall forward. He'd a hit the ground before the defender got there. Still hearing ghosts from the hit he took in baltimore. Shameful.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 24 2012, 01:18 AM) *

That's one of those beatdowns that stays with you. I still remember that stupid arm flapping bird dance Hines Ward did. With that shit eating grin he always has. I hate that guy.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Agreed.

And while we're at it. Let's talk about Desean going all coward like on the reception that set up first and goal. If he holds stride through that catch, he walks into (or is tackled into) the endzone. Instead, he goes turtle on the reception and stands there for a full 2 seconds before contact arrives. All he had to do was fall forward. He'd a hit the ground before the defender got there. Still hearing ghosts from the hit he took in baltimore. Shameful.

Good call.

Although Jackson was moving laterally at the time, he made no effort to try to get in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.