Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much longer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
I know many on this board are ready to end the Vick era as of right now. This question is for the remaining Vick supporters.

Most here agree Reid's playcalling and the pourous OL has contributed to the poor play this season but Vick's indecisiveness and turnovers have been an equal contributor.

What does he have to do to "justify" his getting the hook in your mind?
D Rock
It's done. I bench him at the half in that game. Claim "concussion like symptoms" w the media. The game was toast. At least get a peak at the rook in a game situation.

Fuck Mike Vick.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 23 2012, 08:14 PM) *
I know many on this board are ready to end the Vick era as of right now. This question is for the remaining Vick supporters.

Most here agree Reid's playcalling and the pourous OL has contributed to the poor play this season but Vick's indecisiveness and turnovers have been an equal contributor.

What does he have to do to "justify" his getting the hook in your mind?

the Eagles need to have 7 losses with no hope for the playoffs, personally.

Right now at 2-1, going into the Giants game, with the offensive line in the kind of shambles it is?

Stay pat.

Except the play calling. No more play action if you're not going to run the ball, please. No more deep routes that take 10 000 years to develop and require CB + Safety help from multiple WRs.

Fancyball isn't getting it done. Go vanilla first. Then release the hounds.

Foles is going to get killed under a game plan like today. Then that leaves Trent Edwards.

Do you really want Trent Edwards throwing the ball with the kind of pass rushes the Eagles will be facing in the upcoming weeks?

Pbfan
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 24 2012, 01:22 AM) *
the Eagles need to have 7 losses with no hope for the playoffs, personally.

Right now at 2-1, going into the Giants game, with the offensive line in the kind of shambles it is?

Stay pat.

Except the play calling. No more play action if you're not going to run the ball, please. No more deep routes that take 10 000 years to develop and require CB + Safety help from multiple WRs.

Fancyball isn't getting it done. Go vanilla first. Then release the hounds.

Foles is going to get killed under a game plan like today. Then that leaves Trent Edwards.

Do you really want Trent Edwards throwing the ball with the kind of pass rushes the Eagles will be facing in the upcoming weeks?

Why not foles? He's shown more poise than Vick. He would picked up that blitz on the 1. By the way, how the fuck did Vick miss that. He was right there!!!
Eyrie
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 24 2012, 01:14 AM) *
Vick's indecisiveness and turnovers have been an equal contributor.

Exemplified by that turnover at the end of the first half.

It's 3rd and 1 at the Arizona 6, and only six seconds left in the half. The situation absolutely calls for a single read and if the play isn't there, throw the ball away to stop the clock and let the FG unit come on to at least salvage three points from the first half debacle. The importance of not hanging onto the ball had been underlined all half by the way the Cardinals have repeatedly beaten our makeshift OL. So what happens?

Vick drops back, looks to his right, keeps looking to his right, continues looking to his right and gets blindsided by a blitzer. Regardless of who is responsible for the breakdown in protection, Vick has to know that he doesn't have time to do anything other than drop back and throw immediately. The ball has to be gone before any defender can arrive.

That the blitz forced a fumble is irrelevant as our chance to at least get the FG was gone when Vick was sacked. That Arizona recovered the fumble for for a TD killed any chance we had of making a comeback in the second half as the scoreboard read 24-0 instead of 17-3.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Sep 24 2012, 05:15 AM) *
Why not foles? He's shown more poise than Vick. He would picked up that blitz on the 1. By the way, how the fuck did Vick miss that. He was right there!!!

He's shown more poise than Vick in PRESEASON games where the defenses are effectively hurling rubber bullets at him. I remember Kevin Kolb looking "good" in preseason, then in real NFL games backing up 10 yards from the O-Line as the likes of Clay Matthews made him a target (much like Mike Vick was when dumb playaction playcalls when your O-Line is depleted and the opponent has LBs and DBs with a clear path up the middle to the QB...)

Playing the backup QB when you have a winning record is cute and makes for a nice story, but it just isn't the realistic move, esp. when that person is a rookie. Given the same playcalls, it could be disastrous. Not worth risking going into a division game.

iggleslover49
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 24 2012, 06:31 AM) *
He's shown more poise than Vick in PRESEASON games where the defenses are effectively hurling rubber bullets at him. I remember Kevin Kolb looking "good" in preseason, then in real NFL games backing up 10 yards from the O-Line as the likes of Clay Matthews made him a target (much like Mike Vick was when dumb playaction playcalls when your O-Line is depleted and the opponent has LBs and DBs with a clear path up the middle to the QB...)

Playing the backup QB when you have a winning record is cute and makes for a nice story, but it just isn't the realistic move, esp. when that person is a rookie. Given the same playcalls, it could be disastrous. Not worth risking going into a division game.

You talking about in 2010? I remember kolb throwing into triple coverage and looking scared to get hit. How much TDs did he throw that preseason? Foles looked infinitely better than kolb. Foles passed the eye test, but check the numbers. Foles had a better preseason than Kafka and Kolb ever had.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 24 2012, 08:03 AM) *
You talking about in 2010? I remember kolb throwing into triple coverage and looking scared to get hit. How much TDs did he throw that preseason? Foles looked infinitely better than kolb. Foles passed the eye test, but check the numbers. Foles had a better preseason than Kafka and Kolb ever had.

I don't doubt this much. And Vick looked like crap in that same preseason that Kolb did, his performance in the Packers game was just unexpected.

FTR I like Foles WAAAAAAAAAAY more than Kolb. But at this point, going into the Giants game, O-Line as it is... that kind of a change? Not yet. Let's see what Andy does in that game first.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 24 2012, 09:45 AM) *
I don't doubt this much. And Vick looked like crap in that same preseason that Kolb did, his performance in the Packers game was just unexpected.

FTR I like Foles WAAAAAAAAAAY more than Kolb. But at this point, going into the Giants game, O-Line as it is... that kind of a change? Not yet. Let's see what Andy does in that game first.

As much as people complain about line play, for the most part the line gave Vick an eternity to throw the ball. I can already tell you the deal with the giants. Whether Vick or Foles, we must run the ball.

Now talking about the difference in QBs in this match up. The only advantage I give Vick is his mobility. He's a veteran with more experience than Foles, but let's face it, he's not playing like it. Foles is a better passer than Vick is IMO. Vick has that big arm, but he doesn't seem like he knows when to put that touch on a pass and ends up over throwing the target or putting a ton of mustard behind the pass. Foles can make all the throws and make them better. Defend between the numbers and you stop Vick's passing game.

Tipped balls have always been a problem because of Vick's height and lack of touch on the ball. And this Sunday against the Gnats you'll see more of that than would be had Foles been the QB IMO. All I'm saying is this, take away vick's mobility(which gets us in trouble lately) and whose the better QB?
D Rock
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Sep 24 2012, 10:15 AM) *

Not only that, but Vick missed Stanely Havili in the flat on fist and goal. He was completely uncovered and had an easy 6. Vick never looked to his side of the field. Locked on the cross in the middle, wasn't there, threw it out the center back of the EZ.

Shit QB play all day. Just pure shit. Locked onto his first read all night and was too slow to come off it. He's holding the ball too long. Playcalling is not without it's share of blame, but I believe shitty QB play makes any playcalling / gameplan look like utter shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.