Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the FIRE ANDY train!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Anyone that can keep trotting Vick out there after watching him play like dog shit for three games in a row should be fired.

Not thrilled about the play calling either.

Team was totally unprepared.

Not to mention that mustache is a crime.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 07:13 PM) *
Anyone that can keep trotting Vick out there after watching him play like dog shit for three games in a row should be fired.

Not thrilled about the play calling either.

Team was totally unprepared.

Not to mention that mustache is a crime.

LOL, you're gonna ride that "it's Vick's fault" thing until the wheels fall off. He fumbled. Damaris Johnson also botched a run back. Those lead to AZ points.

Andy Reid didn't run the ball in the first half, but they called play action pass anyway. Like defenses as stout as AZ's are that stupid.

Anyone who does THAT should be fired. In the Baltimore game, you could blame Vick. But the Eagles won. (Vick's late drive had a lot to do with it, and it was almost sabotaged with an idiotic pass play called on 1st and goal)

the individual mistakes will eventually end.

but Andy and Marty keep trying to force a round peg into a square hole. And I'm not talking about the QB.

I'm talking about this game of "let's try to fool a team that doesn't respect our running game, with play action, let's not adjust to what we actually have versus what my genius plan demands". they do it small bursts, but not enough to sustain a good playoff run.

there's a reason why we've seen this for 14 seasons and it certainly isn't the QB, since that hasn't been a constant.

people need to take their "dog killer" blinders off and actually watch the football games.
xsv
What the fuck do you not understand about "I want to fire Reid"?
xsv
And I don't understnad how anyone on the planet could possibly defend the play of Vick after this game.

It's very simple. He sucks.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 06:20 PM) *
LOL, you're gonna ride that "it's Vick's fault" thing until the wheels fall off. He fumbled. Damaris Johnson also botched a run back. Those lead to AZ points.

Andy Reid didn't run the ball in the first half, but they called play action pass anyway. Like defenses as stout as AZ's are that stupid.

Anyone who does THAT should be fired. In the Baltimore game, you could blame Vick. But the Eagles won. (Vick's late drive had a lot to do with it, and it was almost sabotaged with an idiotic pass play called on 1st and goal)

the individual mistakes will eventually end.

but Andy and Marty keep trying to force a round peg into a square hole. And I'm not talking about the QB.

I'm talking about this game of "let's try to fool a team that doesn't respect our running game, with play action, let's not adjust to what we actually have versus what my genius plan demands". they do it small bursts, but not enough to sustain a good playoff run.

there's a reason why we've seen this for 14 seasons and it certainly isn't the QB, since that hasn't been a constant.

people need to take their "dog killer" blinders off and actually watch the football games.

That wasn't the worst of it.

They ran a play action pass with NOBODY IN THE BACKFIELD to take the fake handoff. Vick fake handed off to air!!

That and the timeout right after the quarter timeout were vintage Andy.

Here's how I'm framing it. If you needed to lose one of the next two, I'll take a loss here and beat NYG.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
CT_Eagle
I have been on the fire Reid train for so damn long that I cannot remember how to get off.

I never liked how much he empahisized the pass. I am in the pass more than run camp but he is just too far on the pass side for me. Couple that with his early inability to give McNabb the receivers to support his pass happy attack and I never thought Reid could bring home the Lombardi. He lost me in his first few seasons.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 23 2012, 07:31 PM) *
That wasn't the worst of it.

They ran a play action pass with NOBODY IN THE BACKFIELD to take the fake handoff. Vick fake handed off to air!!

That and the timeout right after the quarter timeout were vintage Andy.

Here's how I'm framing it. If you needed to lose one of the next two, I'll take a loss here and beat NYG.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

yeah. if they beat NYG, even if it's ugly. I'll temper my dislike (for as long as they can sustain winning).

I hate losing to Kolb and the Cardinals for the dumb stuff that will pop up, but the Eagles only have themselves to blame. Even Kurt Coleman has come clean about his screw up.

But if they lose to the NYG?

Unforgivable. Losing to them is as bad as losing to the Cowboys. And Andy has a history of going to sleep against them.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 08:14 PM) *
And Andy has a history of going to sleep against them.

Im with you that losing to the ginas is a sin but Andys actually got a terrific record against them. I think we're something like 8-2 in the last 10. (just off the top of my head)

Thats not to say I think we have even a remote chance in this game.
Phits
c'mon guys....you know Andy will 'right' this train and turn the season around. vick will play better and the team will gel into a reputed contender....again. we'll make the playoffs, probably have to win the division to do so. we usually are in contention for the regularseasonpostbyeweek superbowl. we'll roar into the post season and then........
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Im with you that losing to the ginas is a sin but Andys actually got a terrific record against them. I think we're something like 8-2 in the last 10. (just off the top of my head)

Thats not to say I think we have even a remote chance in this game.

yeah, it's those 2 that bother me. even one of those wins (12/19/10) was on the back on an improbable run from Vick and the rest of the team. (Eagles were down 31-10 I think)

one of those was the game that needlessly went into overtime and I believe sent Jevon Kearse out for the season.

and then the other was last year... can't remember if that was the Ronnie Brown backwards pass game.

Andy sometimes... I dunno. Maybe I just notice it more against the Ginas but it seems like the "not taking them seriously" part of the equation is amplified. he at least tries to beat the brakes off the Cowboys.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 09:02 PM) *
yeah, it's those 2 that bother me. even one of those wins (12/19/10) was on the back on an improbable run from Vick and the rest of the team. (Eagles were down 31-10 I think)

Yup, the Miracle at the Meadowlands Part II, where despite Andy's unbelievably bad playcalling and time management, Vick managed to bring us back, and DJax brought it home. That game was the epitome of winning despite him, not because of him. I still remember screaming at the top of my lungs while he rubs his side, clutching the red flag, refusing to throw it after the DJax non-fumble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.