Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More of the same in the first half
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Vick not being accurate, not taking care of the ball, and Namdi not being able to cover.

I'm starting to think this isn't a fluke.
xsv
And penalties.

This isn't a good team. A talented team, but not a good one.
Pbfan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 05:17 PM) *
And penalties.

Man I was wrong, I thought things would be different but holy shit what happened.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 09:17 PM) *

I don't think there is a better description for this team out there.
xsv
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Sep 23 2012, 05:38 PM) *
I thought things would be different...

Insanity.

That's what you get when a QB gets by his whole career on his athletic ability and never really learns how to play the position, and then his athletic ability starts to fade.

Looking forward to seeing what Foles does in the second half. If Vick comes back in the 3rd QTR, then I'm back on the 'FIRE ANDY' bandwagon. Two guys that don't learn deserve each other.

bwc2112
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Insanity.

That's what you get when a QB gets by his whole career on his athletic ability and never really learns how to play the position, and then his athletic ability starts to fade.

Looking forward to seeing what Foles does in the second half. If Vick comes back in the 3rd QTR, then I'm back on the 'FIRE ANDY' bandwagon. Two guys that don't learn deserve each other.

I got your back on the statement!!!!!!
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Vick not being accurate, not taking care of the ball, and Namdi not being able to cover.

I'm starting to think this isn't a fluke.

Marty calling playaction instead of actual runs when you have one of the best RBs in the NFL... causing Vick to get his back turned and take a 10+ yard sack...killing drives

yeah, it's not a fluke

our issues can't be saved with a backup QB
CT_Eagle
I am not a fan of the playcalling either and have stated such on this board after the past couple of games. That does not excuse Vick's piss poor play this season. He is slow to make decisions and hangs on to the ball too long causing a lot of those hits. The offensive line is not helping either. They have been absolutely horrible today.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 06:32 PM) *
Marty calling playaction instead of actual runs when you have one of the best RBs in the NFL... causing Vick to get his back turned and take a 10+ yard sack...killing drives

yeah, it's not a fluke

our issues can't be saved with a backup QB

Having a guy out there that doesn't even know how to play QB isn't helping.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Having a guy out there that doesn't even know how to play QB isn't helping.

Vick has been decent aside the fumbles.

He hasn't made any dumb throws like in weeks 1 and 2.

but as illustrated on that last drive, 3rd and 9, call play action... blitzers running at Vick's back...

nope.

this is overreactionary nonsense. Andy Reid and Marty are to blame for this half-hearted gameplan.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 06:47 PM) *

He hasn't made any dumb throws like in weeks 1 and 2.

but as illustrated on that last drive, 3rd and 9, call play action... blitzers running at Vick's back...

nope.

this is overreactionary nonsense. Andy Reid and Marty are to blame for this half-hearted gameplan.

Not sure what you're smoking, but you are clearly delusional.

Andy deserves alot of blame here, but Vick has played like dog shit.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 11:47 PM) *

That's like saying Rosanne Bar is attractive aside her ugliness.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 23 2012, 06:55 PM) *
That's like saying Rosanne Bar is attractive aside her ugliness.

you can win with ugly (look at the luck fest up I-95).

the problem is you can't win with busted gameplans that have been proven NOT TO WORK.

and that is the story of Andy Reid's Eagles.

the talent is there.

but the little things kill them. and it starts at the top.

again, 3rd and 9, calling PA pass when you're down 18. waiting until the 2nd half to use your elite RB. not going for the FG. the list goes on.

I hate watching the Eagles lose to that overrated Kolb like anyone else.

but he would have been worse for this situation (esp. with the O-Line, seeing how he's reacted to the Eagles swarming him). I'm not going to delude myself in thinking changing the QB is going to change the playcalling.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 23 2012, 06:59 PM) *
I'm not going to delude myself in thinking changing the QB is going to change the playcalling.

I don't think any coach in the league could have helped Vick play 'decent' today as you suggested. He sucks.

I don't think there's anyone in here that is going to defend Reid. It was a shitty gameplay and it was executed shittily.

But it seems to me that you're going pretty far out of your way to defend the play of Vick. You won't even acknowledge that he had a shitty game. Talk about having the blinders on!
CT_Eagle
I already stated that Reid's play calling sucks so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. You are right with regards to Reid not making any changes, it is his philosophy and as far as he is concerned, he has had enough success to justify sticking to it.

With regards to the luck fest up '95, get back to me the next time Eli turns in 3 games like Vick's first 3 this season.

This team has poor coaching, a poor QB and a poor offensive line. Those are 3 huge hurdles to overcome.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 23 2012, 07:04 PM) *
I already stated that Reid's play calling sucks so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. You are right with regards to Reid not making any changes, it is his philosophy and as far as he is concerned, he has had enough success to justify sticking to it.

With regards to the luck fest up '95, get back to me the next time Eli turns in 3 games like Vick's first 3 this season.

This team has poor coaching, a poor QB and a poor offensive line. Those are 3 huge hurdles to overcome.

And a supposedly all pro corner back with $60 million in the bank that is playing like a pussy.

Other than that, tho, we played decent. wink.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2012, 07:03 PM) *
I don't think any coach in the league could have helped Vick play 'decent' today as you suggested. He sucks.

I don't think there's anyone in here that is going to defend Reid. It was a shitty gameplay and it was executed shittily.

But it seems to me that you're going pretty far out of your way to defend the play of Vick. You won't even acknowledge that he had a shitty game. Talk about having the blinders on!

It's called "not sweating the small stuff" and looking directly at the constant nag in our side.

Andy's game plan is not going to win much without adjustments. He might fool some dumb teams, which is why some of those early playoff losses are so infuriating in retrospect.

Again, though I know jealous Eagles fans will fall onto their knees to slob at their hated opponent, the team the Eagles face next week is a shining example of how to make a purse out of a sow's ear. and they were comically flawed in the way they would dominate the clock but not the scoreboard. Adjustments.

Alex Smith on the 49ers (who lost today) is another example of right coach, right system... as that team does adjust when certain things don't work.

but there is no way you can look at what the Eagles did on those first couple of drives and blame Vick. Shady had 4 rushes until the 2nd half. Then when the Eagles start running the ball he gets more 1st downs than the Eagles mustered in the first half.

Vick has not been good this year compared to years prior. That much is true. I'd be more apt to blame him for the Baltimore loss for that "Favre" throw in the end zone, and maybe even the one that went of Celek's fingers. He sucked it up and brought the Eagles a touchdown to keep them alive in that game, eventually.

But something has to be said for a team that has this kind of talent on offense and pretends that it's the 1980s 49ers with an affinity for the deep ball, when really they should be beating down their opponents with the SPEED they have.

I saw my posting of the Eagles offense as viewed by a conscientious observer with ideas of how they could leverage their personnel to their advantage, as well as a weighted criticism of what is NOT working (which is proven time and time again after review) got crickets here.

That's cool.

The problem in games like these is Andy, plain and simple.

Look no further than, play action pass when you've run the ball a grand total of 2 times, 3rd and 9 play action play calling, declining a penalty that would have given the Cards 3rd and 24 (for 2nd and 26), and other "greatest hits".

xsv
I'm not going to defend Reid. You seem pretty determined to have that argument with someone. I don't think anyone here is going to defend him. I think we're all pretty tired of his shit.

But Vick is just as much to blame this year.... moreso in my opinion, specifically because he consistently makes poor decisions, is not able to read a defense, holds on to the ball too long, and turns the ball over, and over, and over. That's on Andy too, IMO. He's got to realize that this guy just can't play QB in this league. or coach him up better, or something. Personally, I think he's tried and Vick just doesn't learn.

8 turnovers in 3 games directly the fault of Vick. If that's not a thorn in our side then I don't know what is.

Time to turn the page from both. Vick is not likely to get any better. Neither is Andy.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.