Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 WIns gets us in
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
I still think we suck, but here is the formula, I suppose, to 8 more wins. We beat......

1. Panthers
2. Bucs
3. Bengals
4. Split with Giants
5 Split with Boys
6. Sweep Skins (not easy)
7. Saints
8. Cardinals

otherwise we are left with the notion of beating either Atlanta, Pitt, Det, NYG twice, or Dallas twice.

In other words, if we lose Sunday we will not make the playoffs.

How's that for some hyperbole this fine Sept' morn?

koolaidluke
The Saints suck. I'm sick of people acting like they are still a good team.

I don't know if 10 wins gets us in, but it's hard to see us going anywhere in the playoffs if we can only win 10 games.

Obviously we beat the Panthers, Bucs and Saints, those teams are terrible, but the rest of those games are loseable.

I'm still extremely worried about the Cardinals game. If we beat them than maybe I will get a little more optimistic about this season.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Sep 22 2012, 11:05 AM) *
I still think we suck, but here is the formula, I suppose, to 8 more wins. We beat......

1. Panthers
2. Bucs
3. Bengals
4. Split with Giants
5 Split with Boys
7. Saints
8. Cardinals

otherwise we are left with the notion of beating either Atlanta, Pitt, Det, NYG twice, or Dallas twice.

Eagles'll probably split the Smurfs but I think a sweep of that team is possible. I've never drank the Eli Manning Kool-Aid and the only reason they took one from the Eagles last year is because of an idiotic turnover. After all, the Fedskins beat them 2x last year with Rex Grossman and John Beck.

The Fedskins. Think about that. Though their defense is depleted and that means that the Smurfs will return favor this year.

The ones I'm worried about are the so-called sucky teams. Which includes the Cardinals... the Eagles did lose to them last year, and their defense is legit (or at least their secondary is, which spells trouble when the book on "how to beat Vick on a team that does not adjust its playcalling" has long been written).
koolaidluke
The Cardinals are good man. What do people keep insisting that they suck? They have a bad offense but they are a good team overall. They won 8 games last year.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Sep 22 2012, 10:05 AM) *

1. Panthers
2. Bucs
3. Bengals
4. Split with Giants
5 Split with Boys
7. Saints
8. Cardinals

How's that for some hyperbole this fine Sept' morn?

LOL! You're in first place of the division at 2-0 and every other team in the division faces the same schedule. Don't you think it's a little early to declare the next game to be the one that makes or breaks you?
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 22 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Don't you think it's a little early to declare the next game to be the one that makes or breaks you?

No.
Pbfan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 22 2012, 04:28 PM) *
The Cardinals are good man. What do people keep insisting that they suck? They have a bad offense but they are a good team overall. They won 8 games last year.

In a shitty division. They remind me of the chiefs 2 years ago when they made they playoffs despite being a bottom 10 team. Their offense is a joke. Kolb is TERRIBLE and will get destroyed by our defense. Their defense isn't that good, where are you getting that from. We will win. Easy.

To the OP we could easily sweep the cowboys or beat the lions .
koolaidluke
A team that struggled as bad as we did against the Browns can take no win for granted. The Cardinals are basically the Browns + Fitz. I still can't get over how awful we were against the Browns.

I don't doubt that the Eagles are the better team, but on the road, coming off an emotional win against an elite team, in a dome, this game is way loseable. If Kolb has a good game and we turn the ball over 2 or 3 times, the Cards can definitely steal this one from us.
Pbfan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 23 2012, 05:56 AM) *
A team that struggled as bad as we did against the Browns can take no win for granted. The Cardinals are basically the Browns + Fitz. I still can't get over how awful we were against the Browns.

I don't doubt that the Eagles are the better team, but on the road, coming off an emotional win against an elite team, in a dome, this game is way loseable. If Kolb has a good game and we turn the ball over 2 or 3 times, the Cards can definitely steal this one from us.

We are gonna solve our turnover problem that screwed us in the browns game. It's a silly thing to think we're gonna turn it over that many times. You'll see, Vick is gonna settle down, McCoy isn't gonna fumble. We'll have 1 or 0 turnovers. I am guessing a huge win for us. Kolb is not a good QB as we all know. We're gonna make him look like a rookie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.